New World

Fuzzynutts

Lord Nagafen Raider
Convert all the gold into another currency then make everyone use that new currency to cover taxes until its all gone then come out with a patch and say hooray we heard your feedback and have decided to get rid of that new currency.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

There is another problem. Towns can’t pay taxes at the moment, so AGS needs to fix this ASAP or towns will start downgrading

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The other problem is, say they do remove all the gold. So you penalize the players that put legitimate items up in the AH? Do you remove their gold as well with no return of the item sold? Its a clusterfuck that was allowed to remain for far to long. What is worse is knowing that they only think they have an understanding of all the possible ways to dupe. I wholeheartedly believe that there are methods that have not been shown. Methods that they have no clue exist.
The people that have tons of gold wont do content like others, they'll have bought three mansions and will have done barely any territory work. If they continue playing, they'll be ate up in taxes eventually. But like cheating in any other game, they cut what little bit of legs the game has out from underneath it - so they'll eventually quit out of boredom if they arent banned outright. Im just not that concerned about it, and others apparently agree with me that it wont quite matter once a new tier launches.
Total population cratered. Is it people sick of this shit, or did they ban 30% of their players?
Cant trade with people, cant buy or sell on the marketplace - without transactions between players, there just isnt really that much of a point to logging in right now. I can do all the end game money making grinds, but that'll amount to less than two grand and.. to be quite honest, I make three to four times that in a day from the auction house. Im logged in, but Im out of flux to smelt shit and Im just not in the mood to go chest farming when I can just buy it later. If anything, the market is going to crater when it comes back online because people will have several days of mats and shit saved up. You'll have every Tom Dick and Jane under cutting and the market wont come back around for at least a good 2-3 weeks. Just like the influx of all the reagents, where it cratered the price of Flux to 0.40 on Vingolf, and before the market was shut off, it was up to 3.8 per.

So even if they caught every bit of gold and items that were duped, people are still going to say that all the dupes are on the market, just because its flooded from the back log of shit.

Xerge

<Donor>
Honest economic question - which matters more, the amount of currency in circulation or amount of goods? This leads to supply and demand, which leads to populated duped servers vs low pop duped servers. The server i'm on is considerably low pop and not overly affected by duping, however the server was exceptionally quiet of shitters last night after the ban wave.

Daidraco Daidraco - both myself and the old man both have performance/connection issues for almost 3 days after each patch and it gets progressively better as the days go. Weird as f. Attributed to server side simulation and maybe confusing us with Canadian gold farmers.

In other news; 61 year old fella has made it to max level and has bested many unfocused kids. Kudos to the old man; we cheesed motherwell with crouchbagging heal bug and managed to get him through the story. Good times. My favorite quote in dungeons

"So many lights everyone, hold on"

• 1Like

Daidraco

Honest economic question - which matters more, the amount of currency in circulation or amount of goods? This leads to supply and demand, which leads to populated duped servers vs low pop duped servers. The server i'm on is considerably low pop and not overly affected by duping, however the server was exceptionally quiet of shitters last night after the ban wave.
I would wager that the currency itself is worse than the amount of goods just for general player health. If people are paying 10,000 gold for Iron ore, then little Timmy couldnt get it for obvious reasons. But if Asmodeum was selling for 0.4, then everyone can buy it at their leisure. Effectively shitting on money making in those ways - however, with New World - god rolls on weapons and armor being made would still be a good source of income. You could theorize that if leveling mats are going for pennies, then their would be more people at the max trade. But there is something like 360,000 different combinations of perks that you can RNG on. Even using your guaranteed perk or stat, you're still at a hefty amount of variables. So if anything, more people at max trade would probably mean only slightly more of a chance to get a roll that isnt complete garbage.

Edit - This is of course after the dupes been fixed and the effects of it afterwards.
Edit - you could argue that they could have duped the materials for thousands of rolls while making armor, but for as long as the dupe has been around (from hearsay) that the market would have been flooded with god roll armor long ago.

Last edited:

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Is it me or is this going to go down just as bad a launch as pretty much any game has had in the past 10 years?

I don't recall a game releasing which had this many bugs/glitches/sploitz as New World. Maybe FO76?

Cybsled

NW does give me some fo76 vibes, although mostly from mechanics like limited storage and weight management issues

Daidraco

Ya, but apparently people are catching perma bans for abusing it. Fuck if Im throwing away the amount of time Ive spent on this game just to save myself a few hours.

Cybsled

Perma ban the dupers and shut off the family share shit on Steam would be good starts

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is it me or is this going to go down just as bad a launch as pretty much any game has had in the past 10 years?

I don't recall a game releasing which had this many bugs/glitches/sploitz as New World. Maybe FO76?
Their server stability was pretty good though! But yeah, otherwise this is a giant mess.

• 1Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Man, what a shitshow this has turned into. Not sure I continue playing with this kind of mismanagement. Haven't logged in for days now. Not feeling like committing endless hours to build up my character in this mess.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They did the right fucking thing for the game, what do you mean? The shut down all person to person trades, all market etc. So this infection does not spread. Yeah it sucks for players, of course. But now they can track down all items that were duped and delete that shit before it got out of hand and economies on servers crumbled because of it. Risky move? Sure, but it was the right one to make.