New World

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have they fixed the hammer quest boss in Malevolence yet? Haven’t even bothered going there for a while.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Have they fixed the hammer quest boss in Malevolence yet? Haven’t even bothered going there for a while.
I have not been there myself since but I heard it's still fucked. You should get the one from the Genesis quest line. It's a 570 and it has sundering shockwave on it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Should I switch to Syndicated until the official FoH announcement or stay under the FoH company while I continue leveling?
If you're somewhere around 50+ I can get you an invite to one of the two companies. Too Syndicated is the sister company that we're trying to bolster at the moment so we can have more influence gain when waging wars. If you're 60, then I can get you an invite to the main group. But honestly, we company hop every other day so it doesnt matter at all, honestly.

Also, Im ashamed of you for paying attention to Foler.
From what I understand, you can do it as soon as the servers come up. As in, he only spawns once - then once hes dead, he doesnt respawn. EverQuest mob design lul.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

musket.jpg

Now all I need to do is wait for them to buff musket

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Told ya'll it'd be dead in a month.

Dumb ass AGS.
Cant defend it - theyve made a lot of bone headed decisions and are relatively slow when it comes to fixing things. Everyone called for it to have problems since any beta, honestly. But its pretty much jumping on the band wagon to hate on the game considering its still holding more people concurrently a month after release than any MMO that has came out in the last .. shit, how many years? The game "scratches an itch" for some many people and it does that for me, too.

But honestly, the potential for the game hasnt been dimmed for me. The bugs and exploits were almost expected, so that didnt even phase me. The game has a huge grind to be a perfectionist and thats just exactly what I like about it. Ive leveled up so much shit and even if its maxxed, there another round of gear that has to meet it and another round of trophies to meet it. I would say I hate the grind, and I do, but the payoff is well worth it. Just every tier has something about it that is "worth it" whether on the auction or not.

What I noticed is that a lot of shit is just blown wayyy the fuck out of proportion. The gold dupe never affected my day to day and I would wager it didnt effect most everyone else on a large scale, either. The lack of content at the end game is blown wayyyy out of proportion as well, cause as many hours as Ive played - Im no where near having "Best in Slot" and its hard for me to believe that anyone else has either. The whole "Im full voidbent, Ive beat the game" is such a short sighted view and they'll get their ass handed to them at an even skill level. The bugs are bothersome at best at this point cause theyve fixed the debilitating ones as soon as they had a fix. Hopium? Copium? Sure, whatever. But for as long as Ive played WoW, I dropped BFA and SL's quicker than any other expansion ever.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
There's definitely something really good there. No game has held my attention like this in a long time, in such a compelling way. I'm still playing... for now, and I still hope it turns out well, but it's a damn shame how much they've squandered it and it's sad not seeing all my steam friends log in nearly as much anymore, or at all. If I didn't enjoy the combat so much I'd be gone too.

Solod most of the Myrkguard bosses last night and stuff like that is a blast. I love how high the skill ceiling is. There's just not nearly enough of it.

• 1Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
They should start merging servers. around 10 US east servers has over 50% capacity (1k+ players) during prime time on weekend.

Cybsled

AGS did confirm they are planning on server merges, but indicated they are still testing it to make sure it isn't an abject failure like a lot of other things they had added lol

I think the fuckiest thing is going to be the territories - do you just whole cloth reset shit? Does the "bigger" server take priority? Is it based on what company has owned the territory the longest?

It is going to be extremely difficult to find a "fair" solution - there are going to be pissed off people in any event. I think the biggest problem with a total reset is all the people who owned EF or WW for a long time will be so fucking rich, that they will be able to buy the entire map instantly upon reset.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
AGS did confirm they are planning on server merges, but indicated they are still testing it to make sure it isn't an abject failure like a lot of other things they had added lol

I think the fuckiest thing is going to be the territories - do you just whole cloth reset shit? Does the "bigger" server take priority? Is it based on what company has owned the territory the longest?

It is going to be extremely difficult to find a "fair" solution - there are going to be pissed off people in any event. I think the biggest problem with a total reset is all the people who owned EF or WW for a long time will be so fucking rich, that they will be able to buy the entire map instantly upon reset.
nwo.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

What bothers me about how this game failed is not how much was broken, but how much was willfully designed to be awful and penalizing. You could have the same game with competent devs who flip some values or delete the retarded mechanics and it would have been more successful.

But the broken stuff on top of that and a only ?s on how much content will drop in the future leaves no reason to stick around.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Yeah, Vingolf really does feel dead a lot of the day.
This is one of the few games Ive played where I "DONT" want to be on a heavy population server. All the pinnacle locations for farming gear score, or any tier 5 mats has been found and the spots that arent well known are only secretive until the next youtube video telling players where to go. I find it wild that I can log on early af (4-5am) and still have to compete with random people for Orichalcum in even the shittiest of spots. Plenty of shit to do at 60, but farming shit is a huge bottle neck. Orichalcum has like ~180 veins on the map with an average respawn between all S/M/L at ~28-30 minutes. Take into account that the average drop chance of Tolvium/Cinnabar to make Asmodeum is like somewhere between 3% and 4% for MOST players and its just... rough. If they doubled the amount of nodes, or cut the respawn down by at least half - then it wouldnt be god awful to have stronger competition for them.

The territory control is something that is definitely going to be interesting. I personally think they should put up a list of servers that are going to be closed, and give a dead line for people to transfer off them. If they dont transfer, then they get defaulted into a preselected server. Transfers to heavy population servers should be denied in that same note. Then, have a snap shot of territory control for every server so you dont have to go through the retarded process of making a character - looking at the map, deciding whether to stay or not and then doing it all over again and again if you dont like what you see. But Im not even sure your average player will be able to do that with the character limits and the steps theyve taken to address the botting.

A clean slate server with multiple other low pop servers being merged onto it would be just awful. Every town starting at square one would just have multiple ramifications and no one would be happy. Crafters cant craft, gatherers cant sell their mats, town boards arent completed since theyve been nerfed into the ground and are almost useless to a level 60, taxes would only trickle in, so now town projects arent started in a timely manner.. the list goes on and on. Terrible option, just awful.

If anything, putting some thought into all the problems that would arise from a clean slate server - you can see where the nerfs to a lot of things that made people level quicker than they wanted were too heavy handed.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
What bothers me about how this game failed is not how much was broken, but how much was willfully designed to be awful and penalizing. You could have the same game with competent devs who flip some values or delete the retarded mechanics and it would have been more successful.

But the broken stuff on top of that and a only ?s on how much content will drop in the future leaves no reason to stick around.

I think most of the decisions were taken from feedback from the community, many of these people are the kind that love to grind shit forever and ever and ever and ever. They love it, I don't.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The amount of armor pieces you have to have for this game is daunting. I think armor should have no weight in a bank.

1. 1 set for each resource collection.
2. 1 set for each crafting skill
3. a Magic Find Set.
4. A PvP set
5. And I imagine a few Dungeon Sets that revolve around which dungeon you run.
6. Alternate spec sets.

Its a bit much. I kind of wish all the crafting and Magic Find stuff would have been an outside source separate from armor.

Daidraco

The amount of armor pieces you have to have for this game is daunting. I think armor should have no weight in a bank.

1. 1 set for each resource collection.
2. 1 set for each crafting skill
3. a Magic Find Set.
4. A PvP set
5. And I imagine a few Dungeon Sets that revolve around which dungeon you run.
6. Alternate spec sets.

Its a bit much. I kind of wish all the crafting and Magic Find stuff would have been an outside source separate from armor.
The armor sets are definitely over kill. Hell, if you think its bad now - wait till the other half of them that arent dropping yet (Smelting for example) are all dropping. Hell, theres a few that only drop 1 or 2 pieces out of the full set. Being able to have sets of gear swapped out at the push of a button would eliminate a lot of the annoyance. But I never carry more than a set or two, so the "burden" of them hasnt been that impactful. There is just a blanket of different armors in my Windsward bank, but thats my highest territory standing area and I have a mansion with tier 3 chests in it - so again, just annoying. They have so much other shit I would rather them fix, but I get the complaint.

I think most of the decisions were taken from feedback from the community, many of these people are the kind that love to grind shit forever and ever and ever and ever. They love it, I don't.
I can at least understand the grind behind crafting, because its a semi easy way to get people to interact with each other and create an economy temporarily. I personally would have minimized the grind to get 200 and just made all recipes at the same drop rate as Void Ore, but then that goes against their "vision" of the gold being spread across multiple people versus the one percenters. Never mind that companies that own the primary territories like Everfall have vast sums of money over anyone else on the server. Still annoyed you do all those quests down in Cutlass to gather recipes but you never get a single recipe from the quest directly.

The leveling to 60 on the other hand is abysmal. The amount of time it takes to get 60 isnt bad, I dont think. Its the fact the questing to get there is just so poorly done that it puts the grind front and center and thats all you can see. Im trying to complete zones, so I went back to First Light with my g/f and it made me remember how poorly done the early quests are. Not only do early quests take you in a retarded progression path (Area 1 is lvl 9, area 2 is lvl 5, area 3 is lvl 7, area 4 is lvl 15, area 5 is lvl 9 etc.) but the quests that you pick up send you back to those same areas in that retarded path multiple times over. Then its front and center that after all that retarded slog, you get an RNG box that is all but guaranteed to give you the worst f'n item you've ever seen. Even the guaranteed items from quests like Rings have RNG stats. To top that off, theyre all BOP so its just fucking trash if it doesnt match your playstyle. So all you're left with after all that is the poor realization that you just spent the last two hours doing all that shit for.. half a level?

The boxes confuse the shit out of me too, while you level. One thought is that they did it for an increased chance to increase your water mark - but you get water mark upgrades by the fucking boat loads as you level so the infinitely small "potential" for that upgrade is pointless. The other part is maybe they want you to desire crafted gear and interact with the market, but that falls apart when it comes back to the fact that crafting anything is RNG and to get the materials you need for the BOP replica's to actually be "good" you've out leveled them entirely. The whole leveling system is just so god damn awful. Thats not even getting to the part where the auction house is so poorly done that even if a crafter leveling up didnt salvage a particularly good item and listed it, that good fucking luck having a person shopping for that upgrade see it under the absolute tons of shit items listed cause you cant sort by fucking stats.

The questing doesnt seem to get better until the mid 40's, and by that time - the game has lost anyone not willing to put up with the rest of it. I find the game sooo much more interesting and better at level 60 and thats a terrible thing in MMO's. I was just reading Lost Ark and people were saying "it gets a lot better in the later levels" - that idea just needs to die in a fire cause Ive heard it multiple times with MMO's and Im just over it.

Last edited: