New World

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
So they have to adjust a couple teleport rules. I'm not sure why you keep bringing up ganking and whatnot - again, if you don't want to play in that environment then don't.

Basically it comes down to people not liking a particular playstyle so no one else is allowed to play it. I'm not suggesting removing PvE servers.

Cybsled

I don't have a problem with an alternate ruleset server

But it's unrealistic because they can barely support what they have now and devoting resources to a mode that will only attract a niche audience out of an already anemic population for a short period of time isn't a prudent usage of development.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Meh, with a very minor dev investment they can bring in more players and interest that they otherwise wouldn't have.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The whole game would have to drastically change on a PVP server where gear was dropped. I know I would have a hard time rolling out of town with my 610 GS god rolled ice gauntlet (Thet took a act of god to craft or get a drop). IT would have to be more like Shadowbane gearing where gear itself made little to no impact and you could buy it in every town.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm not going to sit here and say the server would be popular, but just from the knowledge I acquired trying to figure out the games back end - I dont believe for a second that it would be that hard or time intensive to give him the server he wants. All the stuff thats being mentioned that "would need to be changed" is seriously minutes of work at best. Increased EXP multiplier across the board, increased drop rate and percentages, change the value on the code allowing for all perks to be picked by a crafter, PVP on by default and disable/remove UI component, player looting is already coded and just needs to be turned back on and routed to the player's inventory loot string instead of an RNG loot box.

But if we're really going to be honest with ourselves - these devs have their head up their ass and are hard up on "The Vision" that they have. I've been wishing Bezos would hire on someone that had tons of MMO experience and would clean house there, but w/e.

Cybsled

On that note, the big patch drops tomorrow

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The player’s selected pronoun will now be reflected in chat! For instance, when using an emote, the preferred pronoun will be considered and displayed. Since the selected pronoun is now used game-wide, we have also relocated the selection setting to the Bio screen for higher menu visibility.

!!!!!!

Im coming back baby!!!!!

• 1Double Worf

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
you guys are putting more effort in to what it would take to salvage this dead game than the developers ever put in to making it.

What's this game have now, like 500 players? and most of those are bots? like 75% of the players were bots when I quit months ago and 98% of the servers had less than 50 total players online at any one time. After that they stopped displaying server pops.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
you guys are putting more effort in to what it would take to salvage this dead game than the developers ever put in to making it.

What's this game have now, like 500 players? and most of those are bots? like 75% of the players were bots when I quit months ago and 98% of the servers had less than 50 total players online at any one time. After that they stopped displaying server pops.

New World really isn't that bad of a game, it has a lot going for it. But it also has problems with endgame and basic rvr design. And this isn't 2004. You can't get away with mediocre or endgame problems in the modern game space, too many good options out there.

I've been wanting to go back to this game for a couple of months. But new games like Lost Ark, or expansions for other games I play keep coming out and I can't even keep up with them.

Cybsled

You can see server pops again. Marammas is currently the most populated NA server and usually peaks around 1800 concurrent

However this is the result of lots of mega guilds xfering here.

Xerge

<Donor>
One of the devs is friends with the killer instinct announcer, got him to do the voice lines for the arena

bow/spear gameplay

Last edited:

Cybsled

lol that was the KI announcer? Awesome

If he had shouted “Supreme Victory!” Or “cccombo breaker” I might have recognized him

Daidraco

One of the devs is friends with the killer instinct announcer, got him to do the voice lines for the arena

bow/spear gameplay
Wheres the Arena at? Did they add any kind of story/lore to it? The crowd cheering seemed weird, so Im curious if like its a subterranean environment and people are above watching it?

Xerge

<Donor>
Wheres the Arena at? Did they add any kind of story/lore to it? The crowd cheering seemed weird, so Im curious if like its a subterranean environment and people are above watching it?
They answered this during a dev interview I think that I listened to, they have an internal lore/story behind it but not in-game yet. You queue from anywhere for it so im not sure it has a set location tbh

• 1Like

Daidraco

They answered this during a dev interview I think that I listened to, they have an internal lore/story behind it but not in-game yet. You queue from anywhere for it so im not sure it has a set location tbh
I started to look it up and just became apathetic the further I read about it.

"Lack of leader board, bugged scoreboards, bugged arenas, bugged rewards, mass exploits day 1.no pvp loadout, cheap ass consumable solution where you need to reequip every fucking time."

Apparently people are exploiting way up into high ranks somehow. I'm just not surprised anymore.

Xerge

<Donor>
Lack of leaderboards is a good thing ATM imo. But yeah the fort exploit for PVP track exp. is a bit.. annoying and shouldnt have made it in game and agreed with reequiping consumables as well. I'm sure it'll be addressed next month and other than the BS ppl are having a lot of fun with it

Its really not a bad patch; Depths got the end game treatment and has mutations now. I guess Thorpe is no joke; all in all a balanced out patch.

Cybsled

The fort thing is annoying people because only 50 from your faction can be in the fort, everyone else gets booted

Daidraco

reddit link (linking is being weird)

So you can shield bash into a player and plop a tent down on top of them while they are stunned. Then they are stuck and cant move so you can finish the kill. Gah' damn lol

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users