New World

Cybsled

Just another day quoting myself from months ago...

What is funny about your post is they have pretty much rolled back/changed everything you quoted as problems, which all but confirms those were major driving factors with players quitting the games

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What is funny about your post is they have pretty much rolled back/changed everything you quoted as problems, which all but confirms those were major driving factors with players quitting the games
Problem is now they will be hard preseed to get anyone back. MMO gamer are finicky like that, fool me once and all that. This needs a FFXIV type re-release along a major content drop.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I figure they get all this shit sorted out hopefully and then release an xpac as a soft relaunch. Only way to get gamers back into the game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I suspect the Ancient Rome/Egyptian zones will be the "big" content piece they will hope draw people back. Some additional things I would like to see

1) Wars are great content, but only a very small subset of the population actually gets to experience it (either due to RNG or because no one wants to lose and only slots best of the best). They need a way to allow more people to experience war content, or content in that vein.

2) Elite chest runs sort of developed organically - a huge zerg basically runs through elite zones and loots chests/kills everything. They should capitalized on this and create something more fun than the current elite chest runs. Like make a booby trapped area that opens once per hour and the zerg can run through, but it has death traps and shit like Starzone dungeon and jump puzzle type things.

3) Change town management - There needs to be a way for the playerbase to have more say in town development to discourage asshats from just sitting on a town and raking in the tax dollars while investing nothing in it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The town management could be solved by giving attacking teams more advantage the more time the rival guild owns the territory. Basically the longer you are there, the harder it is to keep the town. Chest runs were fine the way they are. They should have capitalized on this and added more high end content like this. That one swamp zone outdoor dungeon was very popular as well with the bosses and the chests too.

The wars is a tough one but they are the ones that designed it that way. I think a bigger problem for this game is how small the server population is. I guess when the game gets bigger with more zones and towns they could open this up for more peeps per server.

Cybsled

One idea I had to both encourage town management and discourage "lol free money!" for the controlling company would to remove all funds automatically going into the company coffers. Instead, the money ends up in a town bank. The company in control can withdraw money from the town bank, but the amount they can withdraw is directly proportional to the level of the town + castle and whether they have lifestyle buffs up. If you fail to pay taxes (which are pulled from the town bank), the town gets a debuff that basically locks you out from removing any funds from the bank for 2 weeks. Or just make the taxes auto-pull from the town bank.

IMO this does a few things:

1) Encourages town owners to actually upgrade as much as possible in order to maximize company profits
2) Creates a money horde that makes a town an attractive target - for instance, if the town owners don't upgrade shit, most of the funds will sit in the town bank, making towns an attractive target if the attacking company intends to upgrade the town
3) Discourages shell companies from just pulling money and ignoring towns to feed their main company

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am going to recheck this game now. I liked Lost Ark enough but now the BoTs are creating issues with the East Coast servers. That is the line in the sand for me. Should be interesting to see all the changes I have missed in the last 4 months.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its taking them a while but they are coming around to changing all the things that players cried about. I actually think a good expansion could truly turn it around for them, given the lack of competition in the market.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
The town management could be solved by giving attacking teams more advantage the more time the rival guild owns the territory. Basically the longer you are there, the harder it is to keep the town. Chest runs were fine the way they are. They should have capitalized on this and added more high end content like this. That one swamp zone outdoor dungeon was very popular as well with the bosses and the chests too.

The wars is a tough one but they are the ones that designed it that way. I think a bigger problem for this game is how small the server population is. I guess when the game gets bigger with more zones and towns they could open this up for more peeps per server.
Chest runs are not fine. That shit is literally the dumbest fucking loop in any game I've ever played and is honestly a big part of what killed the game.

Also, no amount of patches or expansions can save this game. The game is simply too broken at its core and the dev team is too incompetent.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The chest thing did not bother me all that much. Its just a variant on camping an area in hopes that the named spawns and then it drops the item you want. It could have been done in a better way but that was not one of the main things that really bothered me.

Xerge

<Donor>
Chest runs didnt bother me either, plenty of other ways to increase your power now too.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

The PVP XP track they added is another way to earn really nice gear - most people run the PVP missions in GC to get XP because you can run 2 missions in sub-5 minutes (fastest in the game), which has resulted in a lot more world PVP because you earn even more XP if you kill people. The PVP XP also makes influence pushes less lame, because you're at least getting XP to give you a chance at unlocking nice gear

The easy GC PVP missions lure in the masses, the gankers try to kill them to get XP, then counter-gankers form. It's kind of fun - you see waves where people are passive, then someone starts killing people and the whole zone devolves into world war 3.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It wasnt just the chests we ran, So it never bothered me. We always killed everything in site and on our old server we were the only fucking ones there 1/2 the time. The other times a few stragglers ran with us but we were always flagged so they were at least the same faction. When they fixed the portals we were doing those as well. It was like an outdoor dungeon run, what the fuck is wrong with that? I mean at the time the dungeons were all keyed and loot was broken as fuck in them so it was the only thing to do.(could not get keys either because portals were broken) Its how we also ran the fucking server because we were the first doing that shit. We got all geared up with the goods while the other guilds were busy doing god knows what. We ran through the entire server when we were ready and only then others started to show up.

I actually enjoyed it, shooting the shit with the entire guild, or the regulars that showed up every night. I can think of far worse time spent in game than the nightly chest/boss runs. Before they nerfed the chest runs we sometimes had to 5-6 man that shit which at the time was no easy feat.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I am going to recheck this game now. I liked Lost Ark enough but now the BoTs are creating issues with the East Coast servers. That is the line in the sand for me. Should be interesting to see all the changes I have missed in the last 4 months.
So you're trading one Amazon gaming failure for another, and it's one you already experienced?

Why do you hate yourself?

Cybsled

They actually buffed chest runs a little bit recently - now the elite chests have a chance to drop 50 umbral shards

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They actually buffed chest runs a little bit recently - now the elite chests have a chance to drop 50 umbral shards
Oh, so theyre buffing chests now too? Are they just walking back every single nerf they did? lol

Cybsled

There are still some needs. From top of my head

1) Elite chests have a 25% chance to grant expertise boosts
2) Elite chests have 10% chance to drop umbral shards
3) Most elite chests got moved to discourage solo runs, or they added more NPCs

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, it certainly does not take very long to finish off the Harvest skills when the XP is double. I have fishing to go now.