New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Installing it on my COVID computer right now. Just in case we get the band back together. If they stopped teleporting from making your asshole bleed gold and got rid of crafting keys for fucking dungeons this could be a good time waster. Well, maybe. The 97 different banks in every fucking town was also AIDS.
Think all of that has been changed to be more player friendly, even the last one. It still is a time waster, however.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Think all of that has been changed to be more player friendly, even the last one. It still is a time waster, however.
I've had a mostly unused gaming PC with a 3070 that needs a purpose to exist. No monthly fee and pretty and sometimes fun? I'm ok with this!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Installed. Broke VC++ for a hot minute. Fixed it. Finally got logged in. Realized I have no idea WTF anything even is anymore. Will wait for the band to get back together to build a new toon.

• 1Worf

Xerge

<Donor>
Installing it on my COVID computer right now. Just in case we get the band back together. If they stopped teleporting from making your asshole bleed gold and got rid of crafting keys for fucking dungeons this could be a good time waster. Well, maybe. The 97 different banks in every fucking town was also AIDS.
All of this has changed for the better; it's one of the more satisfying time wasters of the genre and will be king along with AoC when it releases. Drinking beer while cutting trees and mining iron in New World just hits the feels good.

Plus you can kill stuff with the new table flip emote

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just wish they could really get a handle on some of the bugs. The music bug still exists. You essentially are unable to play music or get out of the music mode without reloading the game. I HATE with a passion that I have to redo my music buff anytime I log out regardless of time left on buff. Such a stupid mechanic.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Are they going to start some fresh servers now that shit is fixed?

They'd be stupid NOT to. So no, not for a long time I bet.

I know I've harped on this game, and lets face it, the forums, sub-reddits and steam chart pop loss were way more entertaining to watch than the game the first few months. Glad they got most of the issues ironed out. I can't believe it took that long to get rid of the key crafting dungeon BS, holy shit that person should never again work in the industry.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's interesting that they're launching fresh servers 2 weeks AFTER the expansion launch. It's one of those New World ideas I'm not sure is brilliant or retarded. On one hand, you're making some people wait two more weeks to play your game if they want to start fresh. On the other hand, these servers may have economy/encounter bugs already hotfixed that they get to start on a server with a lot less fuckery.

It's like when they kept blasting the # of new servers after launch because Queues were so horrendous. Seemed awesome, but THEN they faltered on the idea of merging servers for so fucking long it made a lot of people quit. They had 65% mostly dead servers, 25% healthy servers, and then 10% over queued streamer servers. They're just the weirdest with implementation of shit like this, but there are a lot of people who still think this is just their "beta MMO" they're using to get data for a bigger, potentially better MMO in the future.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
I feel like its to stagger any issues that may crop up as dealing with patch day plus fresh start server issues would be a headache.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
After returning to the game after being gone for 6 months, damn I still love it. I have my expertise to 586 now and got my staff up to 620 today.

FYI, If you have Umbral Shards, use them to level your stuff up to or as close to 620 as you can get. After the patch they are raising the price to level it from 600-620 but a ton, but lowering the cost far below current levels for 621+.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've had a mostly unused gaming PC with a 3070 that needs a purpose to exist. No monthly fee and pretty and sometimes fun? I'm ok with this!
I bought a new computer just to play New World. I lasted 2 weeks, then gave up when the duping started. My machine has been underclocked, cuz I really don't need that much power to play Wow, EQ, and guild wars 2. I have not seen the fans on my gpu turn on in a year.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I bought a new computer just to play New World. I lasted 2 weeks, then gave up when the duping started. My machine has been underclocked, cuz I really don't need that much power to play Wow, EQ, and guild wars 2. I have not seen the fans on my gpu turn on in a year.
I bought a gaming PC right as the shortages were ramping up because my normal PC is old as shit, and we all knew it would be a while before supplies went back to non-shit levels. I didn't even play New World on it, but have since moved FFXIV over to it since they discontinued Win7 support, and I did use it to dual box EQ on the Mischief server.

That said, it even made the intro for New World look pretty as shit. I will probably need to read up on what builds are good for solo these days and roll up something new to get my feet wet again. Happens with every MMO.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
.... I will probably need to read up on what builds are good for solo these days and roll up something new to get my feet wet again. Happens with every MMO.
Just go Hatchet and something else. Hatchet is just stupid easy to level with having a built in healing and run speed ability.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got my 3070 and I7 11700 computer in spring of 2021 when I knew I would be stuck working from home (lool) I put over 700 hrs on new world. But the computer would crash like 1-2 times a night, hard reboot. It took me a while to diagnose the problem, unfortunately after I stopped playing. It was the motherboard BIOS which was not upgraded from v1.0. By the time I upgraded it it was I think on like v4.something. Among the first patches to the bios was support for the 11th gen intels and the 30 series nvidia cards, lool.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Release a PvP fresh server. That’s the only thing that will bring me back. The existing ruleset is shit and boring.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
In beta they had PvP scaling so PvP was technically viable at all levels, but high levels (rightly) complained that what was the point of getting gear if some level 20 scrub in noob armor can do the same damage as some guy decked out in BIS gear. True normalization scaling would have been a bad thing for wars as well - if people think the shell company situation is bad, imagine if you could make viable shells with minimally geared or leveled alts.
Which is why hybrid MMOs that try to mix PvE with PvP are always terrible.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Faction vs Faction PVP is meh and would just devolve into the same shit that exists now. Game needs straight up full PVP.

Have they said if any of the towns in Brimstone are going to be able to be conquered? Or is it all just PVE playground?

• 1Picard

Cybsled

Brimstone will be a player territory and it will be 1 of 3 (the other being EF + WW) max percentage company profit towns

Forced PVP never works in a MMO for a larger audience, even Ultima Online dumped that shit. Even if this game decided to do a full FFA PVP server, that would take a serious amount of resources since all the faction shit is pretty hardcoded into the game. I can't see them be willing to invest that much money and effort into a server that will be underpopulated after the novelty wears off