Newark (Sopranos Prequel) (2020)

spronk

FPS noob
i liked the reddit comment that this is the movie Christopher Moltisanti wrote and directed

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
yeah she gets naked but you won't really like who she gets naked with. You get ~30 seconds of some titties, thats about it. They are nice titties.

honestly if you like the Sopranos DO NOT watch this movie, its absolutely terrible and retroactively ruins the Sopranos a little bit. I wish i hadn't watched it. Just pointless, fucking stupid, and for a show that had maybe 15 minutes of screen time with black people in it over 86 episodes, its entirely bizarre that about 50% of this movie is dealing with black characters and black issues. None of it makes any sense either.

this is the Last Jedi of the Sopranos, just character assassinations all around

I was thinking of rewatching Sopranos but honestly after seeing this turd i don't really want to, so thanks for saving me 86 hours i guess

(young) Tony Soprano is barely in the movie, and nothing he does is really important or relevant. You could cut his part out entirely and nothing would change. Honestly the only good thing in the movie is (prison) Ray Liotta, but the setup for that character is so ludicrously stupid its just baffling. The entire movie feels like the message is "You like mobster movies? Well, fuck you, here's a pile of shit. HAHAHA!"
You need to get out more. This is some serious teenage angst shit right here.
1633290954116.png

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I never watched the show, so, thought this would be a good way to get the wife interested - it definitely had the opposite effect. We both thought it was terrible. I really don't understand the positive reviews (75% from critics on rotten tomatoes). I thought maybe we were just missing out on a lot of context or nuance since we didn't know the characters, so, I'm sort of glad to see some fans of the show hated it here.

Are you the kind of guy that watches MCU TV shows first?

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is not the Spranos. This is Hollywood milking an IP and sprinkling it with wokeness.

Do not watch this if you were a fan of the original.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So like the Deadwood movie this was 100% worthless and shouldnt have been made?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Movie was dogwater BUT socketset power drill in the mouth was fucking gnarly, actually made me squeamish. Also main character murders were 9 out of 10 for me.

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah she gets naked but you won't really like who she gets naked with. You get ~30 seconds of some titties, thats about it. They are nice titties.

honestly if you like the Sopranos DO NOT watch this movie, its absolutely terrible and retroactively ruins the Sopranos a little bit. I wish i hadn't watched it. Just pointless, fucking stupid, and for a show that had maybe 15 minutes of screen time with black people in it over 86 episodes, its entirely bizarre that about 50% of this movie is dealing with black characters and black issues. None of it makes any sense either.

this is the Last Jedi of the Sopranos, just character assassinations all around

I was thinking of rewatching Sopranos but honestly after seeing this turd i don't really want to, so thanks for saving me 86 hours i guess

(young) Tony Soprano is barely in the movie, and nothing he does is really important or relevant. You could cut his part out entirely and nothing would change. Honestly the only good thing in the movie is (prison) Ray Liotta, but the setup for that character is so ludicrously stupid its just baffling. The entire movie feels like the message is "You like mobster movies? Well, fuck you, here's a pile of shit. HAHAHA!"

watched the series probably 4 times through. this was all i needed to hear, just going to skip this. not interested in ruining one of my favorite shows of all time.

thank you

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Demon Hunter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are you the kind of guy that watches MCU TV shows first?
Funny enough I was the one that missed out in the start of some of the greatest shows where I'll watch an episode like 4, 5, 6, 7 seasons in, be like this shit is great and I probably should start watching from the beginning. Happened with Sapranos, Breaking Bad, Ozark and The Office. Thank god for streaming services. Only shows I watched beginning to end was The Shield and Better Call Saul (because Breaking Bad was so fucking good). I'm fucking horrible that way haha.

Some of the new shows out there people rave about I never gave a chance to because Netflix or Prime has so much shit on their platforms and been burned so many times by the dogshit throw it at a wall and put it put there crap shows they make.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I finished this last night, was not good as others have said.

I've only seen the Sopranos all the way through 1 time... if anything, this was so bad it makes me want to watch it again just to get the taste out of my mouth.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Funny enough I was the one that missed out in the start of some of the greatest shows where I'll watch an episode like 4, 5, 6, 7 seasons in, be like this shit is great and I probably should start watching from the beginning. Happened with Sapranos, Breaking Bad, Ozark and The Office. Thank god for streaming services. Only shows I watched beginning to end was The Shield and Better Call Saul (because Breaking Bad was so fucking good). I'm fucking horrible that way haha.

Some of the new shows out there people rave about I never gave a chance to because Netflix or Prime has so much shit on their platforms and been burned so many times by the dogshit throw it at a wall and put it put there crap shows they make.

lol, fair play for owning it. But there was only 2 series of The Office

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Its a coin flip on what HBO ruined more by trying to shoehorn BLM into the mythos, The Sopranos or HP Lovecraft.

HBOmax is pretty garbage now days, Starz has better content

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
weirdly enough i'd argue Apple TV+ has probably the best content of all the streaming networks, although I do prefer Netflix for its enormous back catalog and foreign stuff (Squid Games, anime, etc)

even shit like Wheel of Time or Lord of The Rings I'm pretty sure will end up being absolute garbage since the writers are all young retards with no real life experience.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
HBOmax is pretty garbage now days, Starz has better content

The "BLM" tv shows on Starz are actually pretty decent TV series for what they are. HBO is doing it all wrong with the hold my beer.

• 1Solidarity

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
dv4f421h73s31.jpg

Even with a deep love for The Godfather(s) (yes, even part 3) and Goodfellas and considering The Sopranos to be the best TV series ever made (No hyperbole; Breaking Bad was right behind it), nothing could save this movie from being a disappointment.

Is it worth watching if you love the characters? Yes. It's worth the 2 hours of your time to be pleased with the mild connections you'll make as a big fan.

But you'll be disappointed, mark my words. In my opinion, if you strip every name and character from the film of the Sopranos lore and it's just... y'know... characters in a movie doing things... the film would be dog-shite. Literally the only reason WHY it's watchable is because you're relating these people to this crime family you loved back in the early 2000s on HBO.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Just pointless, fucking stupid, and for a show that had maybe 15 minutes of screen time with black people in it over 86 episodes, its entirely bizarre that about 50% of this movie is dealing with black characters and black issues. None of it makes any sense either
Even in fiction, white people can only be successful after oppressing blacks.

Lol, I dunno how you guys haven't realized these tropes yet

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i didnt watch this, but if it says a black kid was run over by a white cop was what prompted the Newark riots. thats a lie. hispanic cab driver hit a kid and he didnt die. story was altered to shape the narrative.

• 1Picard