NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It's just pre-season but if you're making Henne and Bortles look good then it's going to be a long year for the D again. Jay and company to the rescue I guess......

sebur

Bronze Squire
"I live within 50 miles of a pro team but I prefer amateur athletics, WWWAHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"
While I agree, the problem is the traffic is Baton Rouge is so fucking terrible, along with it in New Orleans during a Saints game (typical of any city with a NFL team) that if you came from BR for a Saints game you should expect probably 4-6 hours just in drive time (round trip of course). I still hate them though, although the campus is beautiful and I had many a fun times up there I stayed away during LSU games.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
While I agree, the problem is the traffic is Baton Rouge is so fucking terrible, along with it in New Orleans during a Saints game (typical of any city with a NFL team) that if you came from BR for a Saints game you should expect probably 4-6 hours just in drive time (round trip of course). I still hate them though, although the campus is beautiful and I had many a fun times up there I stayed away during LSU games.
After the Dallas game against the Saints, 2 years ago, from the time we got to our vehicle we were back on the highway and headed home in 30 minutes. Took just as long to get out and to the car as it did to get the fuck out of there but I blame the women folk for not buying a god damn parking spot right up near the stadium like they should have. Maybe we got lucky maybe that isn't the normal I don't know, but it sure as fuck isn't the horror stories we've heard about SF and other stadiums around the league.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Oh no doubt it isn't the horror stories from around the league its only about a 30m traffic jam depending on where you are going but then you add in the 1 1/2 or so drive depending on where in BR you live and it just isn't work it for more BR people to come watch Saints games so it kinda makes sense they would be more in to a good team they can see locally.

Also in other news the prediction machine has said Denver will beat the Seahawks in the super bowl this year for revenge! If it is as correct as it what last year...then Denver won't even make it to the superbowl.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That sounds like wishful thinking by someone. Not very likely those two teams play each other in the Super Bowl again.

You dont think so? I feel like there are odds worth betting on that the Pats Broncos 49ers & Seahawks end up competing for SB berths.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
You dont think so? I feel like there are odds worth betting on that the Pats Broncos 49ers & Seahawks end up competing for SB berths.
I think its a pretty good bet, I think Den/NE have a bit easier road to get back to the championship game then SF/Seattle due to competition in the conferences

moontayle

Golden Squire
After the Dallas game against the Saints, 2 years ago, from the time we got to our vehicle we were back on the highway and headed home in 30 minutes. Took just as long to get out and to the car as it did to get the fuck out of there but I blame the women folk for not buying a god damn parking spot right up near the stadium like they should have. Maybe we got lucky maybe that isn't the normal I don't know, but it sure as fuck isn't the horror stories we've heard about SF and other stadiums around the league.
Arlington didn't fuck around when it came to their post-game traffic plans. Helps that most of the roads around the stadium area are 3-4 lanes and they're right next to the highway.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Arlington didn't fuck around when it came to their post-game traffic plans. Helps that most of the roads around the stadium area are 3-4 lanes and they're right next to the highway.
Yeah I knew traffic wouldn't be a bitch, been to many Ranger games (actually had to park in the Rangers parking area) and traffic was never more than 30 minutes to get out. I'm not trying to brag about Texas because anyone that has ever been to Austin or Houston can tell you all about traffic nightmares but the traffic even with nearly 100k people when you factor in the party passes wasn't worse than a typical Ranger game.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Jimmy Garrapalo or however you spell it looks good, I remember before the draft reading about him and watching his tape and realizing he was Tony Romo 2.0 and was expected to be a late round pick and hoping the Cowboys would draft him, then his draft stock sky rocketed and those hopes were shot.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah he broke pretty much all of Romo's records at Eastern Illinois, so who knows. Patriots drafted him higher than most thought he'd go so maybe they think he can be Brady's replacement eventually.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yea definitely doesn't compare to Cutler's shit career at Vandy.
rrr_img_73755.jpg