NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

They are going to let Hoyer go at the end of the season. Mark my words
Hoyer will be the best backup QB in the league. Who knows where he goes... probably somewhere with a running QB. Carolina, San Fran, Washington

The only problem is he's going to be looking for starter-money with his contract

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hoyer will be the best backup QB in the league. Who knows where he goes... probably somewhere with a running QB. Carolina, San Fran, Washington

The only problem is he's going to be looking for starter-money with his contract
There are at least a dozen worse QBs out there. He can get a starting gig somewhere. If Romo dies this year on the field(likely) I could see him go there!

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
There's at least half a dozen teams that would be glad to have Hoyer be a potential starter. If Browns let him go next year, he'll be getting snapped up by Bills, Jets, Texans, Titans, Raiders, Jaguars or Bucs instantly. He might have to fight for a starting spot on 2-3 of those teams in training camp but someone like the Bucs would have him start on opening day without questions.

Getting rid of a guy who very well could be the first Browns franchise quarterback in a generation would be, well, the most Browns thing ever. If this isn't the opportunity for them to stop fucking up I dunno what is.

Trade Manziel to a sucker like Jerry Jones who can't see much beyond the marketing. Although his son seemed to be able to stop him from being drafted there in the first place. Stephen Jones might already be putting the plan in place to stop his father from going full Al Davis.

radditsu

Getting rid of a guy who very well could be the first Browns franchise quarterback in a generation would be, well, the most Browns thing ever. If this isn't the opportunity for them to stop fucking up I dunno what is.

Trade Manziel to a sucker like Jerry Jones who can't see much beyond the marketing. Although his son seemed to be able to stop him from being drafted there in the first place. Stephen Jones might already be putting the plan in place to stop his father from going full Al Davis.
They are going to play Manziel...eventually. He is too big a ticket. Do you really want to be around for that if you have starting QB talent? Fuck those guys.

I never really faulted AL Davis drafting on 40 times. The issue is speed goes really quickly, and having hands to catch help. Plus that Janakowski pick....and Jamarcus Russels....uggh.

radditsu

You should have.
Thats coming from the fact that most humans in college sports can catch a football. And getting in space is easier with speed. Its just he never got anybody who could catch. The rest of his picks were dumpster fires. No offensive line pics. No running backs. Jokes of QBs. Lucked out on a DB or two.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thats coming from the fact that most humans in college sports can catch a football.
Its just he never got anybody who could catch.
Jerry Rice ran a 4.71.

Anquan Boldin ran a 4.71

Antonio Brown ran a 4.57

Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.61

People need to get over the whole BIGGER FASTER shit with WR's. Look at route running, hands, and brain first. If that all comes in an insane speedy 6'4"+ package like Megatron or Randy Moss all the better. But they need to get over looking at those measurables FIRST.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
To be fair, the best receiver in the league the last five years has been a 6'5 240lb guy who ran a 4.31.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I am drawing a blank and can't find anything in my quick search. Who would that be? Aside from the list above I looked at a bunch of top receivers and didn't see any that ran a 4.31. So I am curious who I missed.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
I am drawing a blank and can't find anything in my quick search. Who would that be? Aside from the list above I looked at a bunch of top receivers and didn't see any that ran a 4.31. So I am curious who I missed.
Seriously?? It was technically a 4.35 but "best receiver in the league" should have been enough of a clue.

Calvin Johnson

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
Yeah, I think speed is overrated for wide receivers. Good hands, awareness and ability to run routes is more important than being 4/10th's of a second faster running a 40

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
Jordan actually did run a 4.3 40 yard dash, just like Rob Gronkowski.