NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
There's also I lot of talk that I agree with about bringing in Mike Shannahan when Trestman gets shit-canned in 2 weeks. If you keep Cutler, the only option is Mike, because no decent coach is going to walk into that buzzsaw. These are dark days for Bears fans.

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is Cutler really an upgrade to Foles? Foles had an amazing season last year statwise but its hard to say whether thats because of Kelly's system or whether he is just that good.
Is it really that hard to say? Did you see Foles' stats for this season before he got hurt? His td:int ratio this year should be closer to his norm than what he did last year.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Carroll took the Pats to the playoffs in '97 and '98. Going by Kirun's thinking then Belicheck is also a hack as he bombed out of Cleveland and was doing shit initially in New England until Bledsoe got hurt. Thank god for Scott Pioli eh?!

Bill definitely has definitely proven he's a competent GM THIS year. But really has been sub par in years past.

Bill's biggest flaw is his unwavering belief in never changing course.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Carroll took the Pats to the playoffs in '97 and '98. Going by Kirun's thinking then Belicheck is also a hack as he bombed out of Cleveland and was doing shit initially in New England until Bledsoe got hurt. Thank god for Scott Pioli eh?!
Yeah, he took Parcells' teams to two playoff appearances. Regardless, where did I say Carroll was a "hack"? I have admitted that he's a good coach, same as Harbaugh. I just think people are fucking vastly overrating both guys.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It's fucking amazing to me the "good will" a few NFC/AFC title games buys people, especially from the fans of teams that are complete shitshows. Of course you think NFC championship/playoff games are "good enough". You're a fan of a team who'd be elated just to have a .500 season. But like I said, "winning" doesn't excuse Harbaugh from creating a toxic environment. We don't like when players who have tons of talent are locker room cancers, yet it's no big deal when it comes from coaches, simply because they've had success? By all accounts, Harbaugh is extremely difficult to deal with, which is made very apparent by his sideline antics. If that's how he acts on thefield, imagine what he's like behind closed doors.

Of course you're not. You're part of the recent crop of NFL fans who have 0 attention span and think 2-3 years is indicative of the last 40. Do you remember Dan Marino's "clock play"? Probably not, because you just recently started watching the NFL. That play was against a Pete Carroll led Jets team. The Jets lost all of their remaining games that season, after that play. He then went on to be completely mediocre with the Patriots, getting canned after only 3 seasons. Carroll is really just another Harbaugh, honestly. A solid, good coach who's being propped up and made to look savant-like by a great GM in Seattle. Hell, Schneider also helped build the roster of the Green Bay Packers team that most recently won a Super Bowl.

I never said Carroll hadnothingto do with Seattle's success. The same way I'm not saying Harbaugh has nothing to do with San Francisco's. However, many fans are attributing nearly all of the success to the coach, which couldn't be further from the truth.
Must have been why his USC team was so awful and he was pulled up to an NFL team that immediately started having success culminating in a first Superbowl win for the franchise. For someone that goes around trying to make everyone feel small with your I am an old school football know it all you sure don't know your head from your ass.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I get it. You don't want to overdiscuss the Titans/Jags game tonight and ruin the experience. Get hyped guys!

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Sheldon Richardson of New York Jets says he's on same level as J.J. Watt of Houston Texans - ESPN New York

wat-meme_o_1405583.jpg

Best comment:

John Remmell ? Lansdowne High School
Eat a snickers sheldon, you think your j j watt when your hungry

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Jacksonville is so bad. I knew I should have started the TN defense in the championship.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
We're going to fuck up and win this aren't we? Goddamnit.
You don't need the 1st pick to trade down with Washington and let them take Famous Jaimous. You aren't playing for this draft anyway. You're letting Washington play for your next 3 drafts.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Must have been why his USC team was so awful and he was pulled up to an NFL team thatimmediately started having successculminating in a first Superbowl win for the franchise. For someone that goes around trying to make everyone feel small with your I am an old school football know it all you sure don't know your head from your ass.
Immediate success? Yeah, winning the NFC West at 7-9..LOOKOUT. Then getting beat by a Catler led Bears? Then they finished 3rd in the division in 2011 at 7-9. Very successful. In 2012, they barely got through an RG3 led Redskins, then promptly lost to the Falcons.

So, yeah, like I was saying, you're one of the typical NFL fans who has no memory beyond what happened the last 2 seasons.

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
I do not mind this game. I am seeing more heart and passion than I have seen in the past x Bears games - especially on defense. And while it is ~only~ Jacksonville versus Tennessee, a mere 44 days from now, most of us will pine for _any_ football game...