NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Steelers offseason plans: Pray some miracle youngsters appear to fix the secondary. Also find a good HGH dealer for Polamalu and Ike Taylor.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Given how incestuous the Patriots/Chiefs/Browns management has been, and how likely no one else would hire him, McDaniels is an entirely plausible candidate there.
I can tell you the Chiefs got the dirty brown end of that stick. How did that shitfest relationship start, anyway?

And no, I wouldn't be surprised to see McDaniels (Not McDonalds!)* go to the Brownies.

*RunDMC reference. Represent, bitches.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
All I want for Black Monday is a every single coach in Dallas removed, also bring in a new strength and conditioning team along with the best and brightest doctors and trainers that know how to keep people from pulling hamstrings and getting injured.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The last 3 Super Bowl champs have not only beaten the Eagles in their home opener, but they also went on to lose to the Redskins and beat Dallas and New York in the same season.

^-- The Chargers did this.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Giants need to resign Linval Joseph and Jon Beason.

I'm wondering what will happen with Nicks and Eli's contract. He has to be extended at some point, his cap hit is just WAY too fucking high. I'm guessing Nicks is gone. :\ Any thoughts of where he ends up?

Sterling

El Presidente
Giants need to resign Linval Joseph and Jon Beason.

I'm wondering what will happen with Nicks and Eli's contract. He has to be extended at some point, his cap hit is just WAY too fucking high. I'm guessing Nicks is gone. :\ Any thoughts of where he ends up?
No idea but I'm sure someone will vastly overpay him.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
After the year he had, Im not sure he will be getting top dollar. (nicks)

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
After the year he had, Im not sure he will be getting top dollar. (nicks)
You'd think, but...

Wide Receiver Comps
DeSean Jackson Mike Wallace Hakeem Nicks
Pre-FA Year Avg. 57 rec, 1,041 yds, 6 TDs 57 rec, 1,068 yds, 8 TDs 64 rec, 932 yds, 7 TDs
FA Year 58 rec, 961 yds, 4 TDs 64 rec, 836 yds, 8 TDs 67 rec, 992 yds, 0 TDs

Both Jackson and Wallace got huge deals. And Nicks is definitely the most complete player of the three. Someone will throw tons of cash at him. Panthers?

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hoping the bears bring cutler back, I have seen way too many shitty qbs in the nfl. In the end it was the fucking historically bad defense that let the bears down, not cutler. The brees/brady/manning/rodgers of the world are exceedingly rare so fuck trying to gamble and getting stuck with another grossman. Revamp the shit out of the defense and keep the offense pieces together and this is a team that will be in the running to win the division again next year.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
lol at thinking

The brees/brady/manning/rodgers of the world are exceedingly rare
and wanting cutler back.

EDIT sorry had to laugh, but the rest of your post sounds sound.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hoping the bears bring cutler back, I have seen way too many shitty qbs in the nfl. In the end it was the fucking historically bad defense that let the bears down, not cutler. The brees/brady/manning/rodgers of the world are exceedingly rare so fuck trying to gamble and getting stuck with another grossman. Revamp the shit out of the defense and keep the offense pieces together and this is a team that will be in the running to win the division again next year.
I agree, somewhat.. The problem is how much does Cutler want and will that hamstring us with cap space to fix that fucking pathetic defense. I like Cutler a lot but the dude has taken a fucking beating here and I'm afraid he might be breaking down physically.

Sterling

El Presidente
I think getting actually good players instead of Mike Williams, Charles Rodgers etc probably had more to do with it.