NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Neither of which were on out 2008, 0-16 team. Calvin Johnson was though.

Schwartz was given almost full power in the draft so again, it was him who turned it around...one of many reasons was drafting better.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think they should give this guy another shot.

rrr_img_55314.jpg

Neither of which were on out 2008, 0-16 team. Calvin Johnson was though.

Schwartz was given almost full power in the draft so again, it was him who turned it around...one of many reasons was drafting better.
He drafted great players and then failed to coach them. The next guy has to get guys like Fairley and Suh under control where Schwartz and his staff failed. Them 15 yard penalties, man. I think the conventional wisdom is that Lovie Smith wouldn't put up with the bullshit but would also be able to reach some of the morons on the team. Detroit and Houston are probably the top jobs out there in any event.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I guess I have a hard time understanding firing someone without having someone in-line to take the job. I guess I'd rather stick with my "8-8 coach" and hope he works stuff out to get better, than toss him and not have a clear improvement lined up.

Also, I think the Rooney Rule is kinda awful.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
i think it will be Gruden or Lovie.
Just read a couple headlines saying that Gruden is not interested in any of the open positions.

Hard to say what that actually means... might be code for 'money talks'.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
My post was a joke. Don't think either of them have interest in coaching the Lions, especially Gruden.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rams have #2 and #13 thx to that trade.....so much for Fisher saying they wouldn't draft 2nd again. Clowney or Matthews. Steelers better fkn clean house this yr.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Unpopular opinion but I'm kind of glad they didn't get rid of Garrett. This entire season was snake bitten from the moment Training Camp started. It's a wonder they were even in that game against Philly with everything that went wrong this year, but there they were, one drive and a Bailey FG away from going into the playoffs (where they would have lost against the Saints, let's be clear here). I say give the man his last contract year, a defensive minded draft, and maybe bring in Norv to run the offense. And hope the football Gods are kinder to our IR list in 2014.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Ravens lost to the Eagles last year.
The stat is that the last 3 Super Bowl champs have faced the Eagles in their home opener, not beaten, just faced.

Which only goes to show how stupid of a stat it is. I really hope the Chargers win it, but if they do, it won't be because they faced the Eagles in their home opener or because some guy pissed in a 45? angle at exactly 0:01 of February 1st. It will be because they will be the better team.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bridgewater is good but some of the defensive players coming out seem really good too. Let's trade the pick to Cleveland for both of their first, take Clowney, Matthews or Barr #4 and whatever QB falls to the Colts pick (Johnny Football!?)
smile.png

Fadaar

That guy
I'm just hoping Lovie Smith ends up coaching the Bucs and we continue to draft well. Really all I can ask for at this point.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
The Browns are going to hire Josh McDaniels, trade away their draft to move up to #2 for Johnny Football, and Josh Gordon will be suspended for next year after getting caught with some purple drank again. Real fucking excited for this offseason let me tell you woohooooooo.