NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the backlash vs Michael $am, for wanting to cash in on his sexuality while being a fringe roster guy has started.

Michael Sam needs to send message by making roster - NFL - ESPN

He's a seventh-round pick. This is preposterous. I support Michael Sam and the movement he represents. However, if I were Rams coach Jeff Fisher, I'd consider cutting $am today. He's a marginal player with questionable focus on the game.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
What fucking moron wrote that horseshit? I'm not going to go back and look. M.Sam had 31 SOLO and 17 ast. tackles, 2 interceptions, and 11.5 sacks in 2013 as a fucking lineman. In the super fast SEC.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Plenty of players excel in college and fail in the pros. Dude who was the big 12 dpoy didn't get drafted despite much better combine numbers.

I don't think it's wrong to suggest a layer drafted at the end of the 7th round should concentrate on football if he wants to have a career. 7th round picks often never play on an NFL roster, they basically have a few months to show why they should not be cut and hope to go from there.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Plenty of players excel in college and fail in the pros. Dude who was the big 12 dpoy didn't get drafted despite much better combine numbers.

I don't think it's wrong to suggest a layer drafted at the end of the 7th round should concentrate on football if he wants to have a career. 7th round picks often never play on an NFL roster, they basically have a few months to show why they should not be cut and hope to go from there.
I totally agree he should concentrate on football. I don't know the kid though, maybe he loves the attention like Johnny, and really doesn't care about football but wants something else. I just think that calling him marginal is incorrect. Time will tell. If he really wants to play football though, this is his shot..

Disp_sl

shitlord
I haven't followed him at all really, but I thought I read he was pretty terrible at the senior bowl and the combine. Isn't that why he was drafted so low in the first place?

Whitlock's still an idiot regardless.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
When he started as a columnist in the KC Star, I actually kind of liked him. But after a few years, his personality started to shine through, and at least in my tiny circle, was universally loathed.

Edit: That's horribly put. 'Universally' shall only include my tiny circle of friends.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
So you want to fit in like everyone so you decide to be in a documentary that will focus on how that works out. What could go wrong?

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I haven't followed him at all really, but I thought I read he was pretty terrible at the senior bowl and the combine. Isn't that why he was drafted so low in the first place?

Yes, he was viewed as a mid round pick. Then he showed up out of shape to the senior bowl, flopped the combine, fell down during the three cone at his pro-day, and now he's doing a reality show. I think Whitlock is spot on with that article. He can't ask to be judged just as a football player and then do something literally no other seventh round pick could get away with. Fucking NFL teams throw hissy fits when the NFL itself makes them do Hard Knocks, and this dude is doing a freaking Oprah Network show. No wonder he scored a 12 on the Wonderlic.

The Rams are stuck though, because they can't cut him this year. I honestly wonder if he is less concerned with football than positioning himself as a semi-celebrity within that community after football.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yes, he was viewed as a mid round pick. Then he showed up out of shape to the senior bowl, flopped the combine, fell down during the three cone at his pro-day, and now he's doing a reality show. I think Whitlock is spot on with that article. He can't ask to be judged just as a football player and then do something literally no other seventh round pick could get away with. Fucking NFL teams throw hissy fits when the NFL itself makes them do Hard Knocks, and this dude is doing a freaking Oprah Network show. No wonder he scored a 12 on the Wonderlic.

The Rams are stuck though, because they can't cut him this year. I honestly wonder if he is less concerned with football than positioning himself as a semi-celebrity within that community after football.
He's a faggot, obviously he wants to be a TV star instead of a football player. Lets be real here.