NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Zitar

Silver Knight of the Realm
I want one crazy rule added to football. The only person that can attempt a kick(punt, FG, or XP) is someone who has been on the field for every play since the last 1st down.

It would be awesome. You'd end up with linemen or QBs having to kick.
ASU did this a lot last season. They would line up on 4th down and go for it if they got a look they liked or pooch punt with the QB if they didn't.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's actually not a bad idea. Bring back drop kicks and have the QB doing them. I guess you could just have your backup QB do it if you're worried about injury. It'd definitely make the game more exciting. And the NFL loves extra offense.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fuck that, I'd rather see kickers blocking
Send McAfee out there.

816568369.gif

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Jamaal Charles is holding out. Yipee

Jamaal Charles holding out from training camp - KCTV5

To be fair though, he is grossly underpaid. He's only the 13th highest paid RB in the league. Last year he was the highest % of a teams yards from scrimmage of any individual player in the league. He led the Chiefs in rushing, rushing TD, receptions, receiving yards, and receiving TDs. He only makes 2.6 mil a year, he deserves more. Much more.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Jamaal Charles is holding out. Yipee

Jamaal Charles holding out from training camp - KCTV5

To be fair though, he is grossly underpaid. He's only the 13th highest paid RB in the league. Last year he was the highest % of a teams yards from scrimmage of any individual player in the league. He led the Chiefs in rushing, rushing TD, receptions, receiving yards, and receiving TDs. He only makes 2.6 mil a year, he deserves more. Much more.
He just got a contract extension, I think they realized what every other person with more than two brain cells to rub together already knew, the Chiefs suck without Charles.

Disp_sl

shitlord
He's definitely the most important piece of their offense, but they still scored 44 points in the playoffs without him. A 16 game season without Charles would probably be pretty brutal for them though.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
He needs to be paid, but I'll be bummed in they flop a huge multi-year contract out there.

Don't get me wrong, I love Charles' running style, but if the holes are being made by the big boys, someone can run through them. Knile Davis even? Maybe if he doesn't sprain an ankle getting dressed.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wow, I knew he missed a lot of time, but 2012 was his only full season?

It's probably smart for him to move on. As long as he doesn't squander his money, he's set for life.