NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I know what the fuck, she basically admitted it was her fault, why should he be suspended?
Aaron Ross tears his Achilles too. The leaves what? Two solid CBs on the Ravens roster now? Shaping up to be a great Ravens season!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ravens open against Bengals and Steelers as well. Could find themselves in a 0-2 divisional hole early.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aaron Ross tears his Achilles too. The leaves what? Two solid CBs on the Ravens roster now? Shaping up to be a great Ravens season!
He was really competing to be the fourth or fifth corner in the first place. Shitty way to end your season, at his age maybe career, on a conditioning test.

Ravens open against Bengals and Steelers as well. Could find themselves in a 0-2 divisional hole early.
At least its at home. If the O-line upgrades and Kubiak's run/blocking scheme work well enough the backs on the roster should be sufficient to get through two games. Its not like he's the Rice of old anyway. He's probably gone next year but we are stuck with his fucking cap hit right now.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
C'mon, Tenks. The Bengals always lose the first game of the season. Usually in spectacular fashion.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Justin Blackmon suspended indefinitely for smoking pot. Nfl should throw out all their dumb marijuana rules already. Pot will be legalized in half of america by 2020

Tenks

Justin Blackmon suspended indefinitely for smoking pot. Nfl should throw out all their dumb marijuana rules already. Pot will be legalized in half of america by 2020
But it is still illegal at the moment. These morons are throwing millions of dollars in the dumpster just to get high. Boggles my mind.

Tenks

Perfectly legal for Bronco players and they would be suspended for not breaking the law.
They would only if they got hit with drug testing and had it in their system. In this case and the latest for Gordon it was possession that did them in. Regardless the NFL has said to play in the league you can't have the drug in your system. If you really love pot that much just smoke as much as you want after your 10 year career is over.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
They would only if they got hit with drug testing and had it in their system. In this case and the latest for Gordon it was possession that did them in. Regardless the NFL has said to play in the league you can't have the drug in your system. If you really love pot that much just smoke as much as you want after your 10 year career is over.
Thats all fine and good but your argument was that it was illegal however thats not the case for at least two teams and where they play, you argued that its still illegal so they shouldnt just get rid of this stupid fucking rule. I completely agree these people should wait to smoke weed, its a stupid decision to lose millions of dollars over weed but that doesn't change the fact that they need to get rid of the stupid fucking rule.

Caliel

Thats all fine and good but your argument was that it was illegal however thats not the case for at least two teams and where they play, you argued that its still illegal so they shouldnt just get rid of this stupid fucking rule. I completely agree these people should wait to smoke weed, its a stupid decision to lose millions of dollars over weed but that doesn't change the fact that they need to get rid of the stupid fucking rule.
It is still technically illegal everywhere since federal laws trump state laws. Only when federal laws deem it legal is when it might stop being a rule.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Doesn't matter whether it's legal or illegal. It's against NFL rules, just like prescription adderrall. Weed should be taken off the banned substance list though.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Except for it is still technically illegal everywhere since federal laws trump state laws. Only when federal laws deem it legal is when it might stop being a rule.
Marijuana laws are falling fast, they need to get rid of the stupid rule. I dont give a shit what player smokes weed, I want to see them on the field.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Doesn't matter whether it's legal or illegal. It's against NFL rules, just like prescription adderrall. Weed should be taken off the banned substance list though.
Adderrall has a good reason to be on the banned substance list, its basically like speed, Marijuana isn't a PED unless your sport is eating.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They'll let you take adderall as long as you file paperwork ahead of time letting them know about it.

If the owners were smart they'd use legalizing marijuana in the NFL as leverage to get something out of the players before it's completely legalized and they end up doing it for nothing.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Yeah, even in non-ADD people it can have a profound affect on concentration which is why sometimes you'll sometimes hear about Adderall usage in kids studying for the SATs and such.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I think we should take degrees away and void the test results of anyone that studied using Adderall. It takes away from the accomplishments of those of us who did it clean.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think we should take degrees away and void the test results of anyone that studied using Adderall. It takes away from the accomplishments of those of us who did it clean.
I'd be one of twelve in my graduating class.

I'm down.