NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
As much as I would like football to be everyday, TNF isn't a good idea. Only four days off is a bad move. As mentioned plenty of times in this thread, teams need to be scheduled for a TNF game following the bye week. There aren't enough weeks for every team though.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yup, TNF should be regulated to the season opener and Thanksgiving. I would say that I think that because you shouldn't have stupid things like SF having to travel across the country on a short week to play Baltimore when they were still good, but really it is just because I hate having to remember to get my fantasy football roster set and my survivor pool picks in on Wednesdays.
rolleyes.png

marrior_sl

shitlord
I love the TNF games. Having that one game during the week to break up the work week monotony is awesome.

Of course I also favor going to an 18 game regular season and expanding rosters to 60 but that isn't highly thought of either.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On the other hand, they are apparently going to start doing late regular season Saturday games again, in December after the regular college season is over like they used to do. Only two games but a step in the right direction!

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
The only TNF game I watched last year was the opener. I just expect them to be mostly shitty so I don't even bother.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I doubt Thursday night games are going to stop anytime soon so at least half of them will be viewable without having to stream it from crappy sites.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
I don't know how many times last year I heard talking heads ranting about the quality of the Thursday games being diminished because of the short week, but I feel like I've watched a proportionate number of shitty games on Sundays. Maybe because the TNF games come in a prime time slot people expect SNF or MNF, but they are rarely games that should be scheduled for prime time. I think there were only like 3 games this year that were scheduled between teams that made the playoffs in 2012. Instead they get awesome shit like 5-11 last place browns vs 6-10 last place bills. Or Chiefs-Eagles who combined for 6 wins in 2012.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't know how many times last year I heard talking heads ranting about the quality of the Thursday games being diminished because of the short week, but I feel like I've watched a proportionate number of shitty games on Sundays. Maybe because the TNF games come in a prime time slot people expect SNF or MNF, but they are rarely games that should be scheduled for prime time. I think there were only like 3 games this year that were scheduled between teams that made the playoffs in 2012.Instead they get awesome shit like 5-11 last place browns vs 6-10 last place bills.Or Chiefs-Eagles who combined for 6 wins in 2012.
That actually ended up being one of the better TNF games this season.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Add a bye week (best solution for that is to get rid of the fourth preseason game), have every TNF game take place after a bye week, done. We've covered this before.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Missing football already. Sundays suck without it.

Because I know you guys love the Pats...

Needs:
Edge pass rusher(s).
Corner since they will lose Talib.
Strong Saftey, in the Chancellor mold.
A big target on offense, for the red zone opposite Gronk.
Cut Vince Wilfork. No need for a run stopping DT off an achilles (sp) injury.

Pretty much it, and see you in the Super Bowl!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You forgot a dealer with stronger HGH for Tommy Bieber. His current supplier's stuff clearly isn't keeping up with the aging process.

Redskins needs:

Virtually any combination of competent defensive secondary
WR
Interior OL (Competition for all other than Trent Williams)
MLB/ILB (Fletcher gone and Brian Orakpo pending expensive FA)
New owner

That's not to say there isn't tons of shit everywhere else, but upgrading those positions should help win more than 3 games.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is the highest we've picked in years and decent looking draft for taking a big bodied physical possession receiver in the first round. So I'm hoping we do that.

We need a free safety and a center, I'm wondering if we might handle those in free agency though. Right tackle is a concern, but we might have someone in house. Other than that, TE or two, RB, front seven depth/future starters (that's defensive front seven, Sut) seems like where we would be looking.

Don't be surprised if we let Suggs walk. I see Jacoby leaving too, just hope we have someone who can be half as dangerous in the return game.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Seattle:

A lot of it depends on who we let go this off season. But for sure we need
Offensive line
Big bodied WR(we are cutting Sidney Rice and depending on what Tate's agent tells him we might let him walk too)

opiate82

Bronze Squire
49ers: No major needs really, but we'll get better anyways and go back-to-back in the next two Superbowls.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
SEC: first on the field, first somethingsomething anal sex.

Anyway, kudos to that guy. Very brave. I have to admit the funniest thing so far was the aggie who said "Should have been an Aggie, I knew it" on SECRant.