NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can't say I'm very excited about that choice. There's something about the Falcons where I just...don't give a shit about them?

Seems like a good time to be on the show if the owner really wants it to happen at some point. Atlanta has an established coach with a record of success (as long as last year was the exception), no QB controversy, no rookie media freakshow, etc. How much will the cameras really distract people in one of the more stable organizations out there? Guessing not much.

Plus, they've got a new stadium in the works down there and surely a lot of big packages to sell. Gotta keep interest in the team high after a season in the shitter, eh?

Usually I agree, it's a stupid and overused cliche, but isn't it human nature to want to think more about what you say/do/look like when a bunch of cameras are in your face? As much as they might try I don't think you can hold a completely normal and routine NFL training camp with camera crews all over the place. Players know that at least some of them will have their dreams crushed and have the moment served up for television. Think that shit is business as usual? Dunno if it would be for me.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I just read the Steelers made Pouncey the highest paid center in the NFL. Out of four regular seasons, he's only played all 16 games once. Dude must suck a mean dick.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
$13m signing bonus, so it's nottoobad on the guaranteed money. Still, not only does he get hurt all the time but he's insanely over-rated when hedoesplay. Announcers and media and shit talk him up like he's one of the 3-4 best centers in the league and it's horseshit, he's not even the best AFC center named Pouncey . He had a great rookie year and has coasted since then.

He'll only be the highest paid until someone actually good signs a new deal.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Usually I agree, it's a stupid and overused cliche, but isn't it human nature to want to think more about what you say/do/look like when a bunch of cameras are in your face? As much as they might try I don't think you can hold a completely normal and routine NFL training camp with camera crews all over the place. Players know that at least some of them will have their dreams crushed and have the moment served up for television. Think that shit is business as usual? Dunno if it would be for me.
They might notice the cameras at first, but they won't have any impact when it matters. When they're actually out there running plays and doing drills the cameras are the furthest thing from their minds.

They might notice the cameras at first, but they won't have any impact when it matters. When they're actually out there running plays and doing drills the cameras are the furthest thing from their minds.
Marshall+Faulk+-+C+ry+Baby.jpg

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I really don't mind the cut, but I do wonder who is going to be in the defensive backfield this year. It's a very young squad with Abdullah having the most experience (5 years).

The Chefs are going to get scored on more times this year than your sister.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The best NFL coach of all time died tonight. Only coach to win 4 Lombardi trophies, going 4-0. Turned a laughingstock of a franchise in to the best dynasty the league has ever seen. The mind behind the greatest draft in NFL history(1974, featuring 4 hall of famers).

Bow your heads for Chuck Noll.

Or don't, whatever, it's just football.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
The best NFL coach of all time died tonight. Only coach to win 4 Lombardi trophies, going 4-0. Turned a laughingstock of a franchise in to the best dynasty the league has ever seen. The mind behind the greatest draft in NFL history(1974, featuring 4 hall of famers).

Bow your heads for Chuck Noll.

Or don't, whatever, it's just football.
frown.png

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Noll was a true student of the game, and a huge building block of the AFC and NFL. I loved watching the Steelers in the 70's, and they got a lot of air-time because of their success under Noll. He built the Steel Curtain, which had one of my all time favorites on the line, L.C. Greenwood.

One of my favorite football memories was Super Bowl X, when the Steelers beat the Cowboys, and Greenwood sacked Staubach four times.

RIP Chuck Noll