NFL 2014 Off-Season Thread

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I also don't see how you can assign a 0% responsibility to the line for runs of 11+ yards. What the fuck kind of shit logic is that? Do lines do no blocking on 11+ yard runs now?
I thought that's what "open field yards" meant.

Wasn't this the last year of Kaep's contract? Why didn't he just pull a Flacco and play through that shit on the hopes that at the end of the year he coulddarethem not to pay up?

Disp_sl

shitlord
The Ravens fielded the worst offensive line in the league last year and still won eight games. The problem was NOT losing Boldin, which is generally the only thing you herpa derpas know to point to in how Flacco's contract "hurt" the team. Flacco wasn't even the highest paid player on the team last year and he certainly won't play under his current cap numbers, here or anywhere, in the last three years of the deal.
I was meaning back after 2000, should've clarified that. The post Dilfer era with Blake/Grbac/Banks or whoever.

But he's no more likely to get hurt than any other QB, right homers? The Niner's are just super cautious.
Yeah, they are. If you look up any Niners contracts recently they're structured similarly. Remember when Tarrell Brown lost 2/3 of his salary last year because he didn't attend pre-season workouts? All of their contracts are loaded with workout/active game day incentives and de-escalators.

Wasn't this the last year of Kaep's contract? Why didn't he just pull a Flacco and play through that shit on the hopes that at the end of the year he coulddarethem not to pay up?
Kaepernick said he wanted a team friendly deal that would allow them to resign players like Crabtree. Supposedly that's why he asked for such a low signing bonus of $12mil., so they have more immediate flexibility. It seems to be structured very team friendly.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah my bad, I see now, you're saying don't cut a SB winning QB. But really, if you had Dilfer on the team and just won a SB you would still be happy to cut him right now, admit it. Hindsight is 20/20.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Kaepernick said he wanted a team friendly deal that would allow them to resign players like Crabtree. Supposedly that's why he asked for such a low signing bonus of $12mil., so they have more immediate flexibility. It seems to be structured very team friendly.
The Tom Brady approach. Well done Kaepernick.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
The difference being Tom Brady wants to win more superbowls and Kaepernick realizes no one else in the league actually wants him.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Vernon Davis lobbies for Jimmy Graham to get paid | ProFootballTalk

whats this brand stuff? Need to check out this Fantex investment forum. Anyone know more about it?
It is like stocks for athletes. Fantix gives them some money up front in exchange for a percent of what they will make in the future. So far I have yet to see a deal which didn't completely benefit the player.

It would be better for people like maybe Kaep. A second rounder where they give him like 5M up front but then he works out and gets a huge contract. That is the end-goal I think. But right now they're targetting already established/declining players that are big names to just get their scheme out there.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Not something for me, in the future once/if they could establish something might be interesting.