NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
Never really paid attention until you guys mentioned it, but it does seem Nantz and Simms say something football related and the teams either do the opposite (always) or make something bigger than it was.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Never really paid attention until you guys mentioned it, but it does seem Nantz and Simms say something football related and the teams either do the opposite (always) or make something bigger than it was.
Simms is just a complete idiot most of the time doing games.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Simms is just a complete idiot most of the time doing games.
What are you talking about? You didn't like Simms observation that the Saints should have kicked a field goal, because then if they had scored ANOTHER field goal it would have been a 3 score game?

I mean outside the fact that 2 field goals would have given the Saints a 16 point lead which is still a 2 score game that makes complete sense. I don't know why anyone ever goes for a TD when you could just kick 3 FGs instead.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What are you talking about? You didn't like Simms observation that the Saints should have kicked a field goal, because then if they had scored ANOTHER field goal it would have been a 3 score game?

I mean outside the fact that 2 field goals would have given the Saints a 16 point lead which is still a 2 score game that makes complete sense. I don't know why anyone ever goes for a TD when you could just kick 3 FGs instead.
It's shocking to me how tough it is for most announcers (and christ, even some of the head coaches in the league) to remember that a 16 point or fewer lead is still only a 2 score game. Of course, these are the same dipshits that when down 35-20 with under 5 minutes to go would only go for the extra point when scoring a TD, as if somehow saving the "drama" of the possible tie with a 2 point conversion after another potential TD was a better idea than going for 2 right then and there so you might actually have extra time to do something about it if the 2 point try fails.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
We had the alignment discussion a coupla months ago. The obvious answer is to rename the divisions to get rid of the compass directions so people stop getting hung up on shit that doesn't matter.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If the Falcons turn out to be paper tigers then my cognitive dissonance will finally subside so I'm happy the Saints won. Also having so many undefeated teams is kind of annoying. I expect Carolina to fall soon as well and probably Denver since the defense can't win every game for you.

Column_sl

shitlord
It comes from a song "Who Dat Sey Dey Gonna Beat Dem Saints? when the Saints were sort of popular. Same thing as Chicago's superbowl shuffle shit..

There's a ton of different dialects in New Orleans ,and it's surrounding suburbs. Everything from Saint Benardians to people in Kenner who have no accent at all.

I always found that strange when I was growing up there, but it's a port city so it makes sense.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's shocking to me how tough it is for most announcers (and christ, even some of the head coaches in the league) to remember that a 16 point or fewer lead is still only a 2 score game. Of course, these are the same dipshits that when down 35-20 with under 5 minutes to go would only go for the extra point when scoring a TD, as if somehow saving the "drama" of the possible tie with a 2 point conversion after another potential TD was a better idea than going for 2 right then and there so you might actually have extra time to do something about it if the 2 point try fails.
I think Simms just had the math wrong and thought it would be 17 or something. It was also the "Why score 1 TD when you can just score 2 FGs?" idea that was retarded and then topped off by Saints immediately scoring an easy TD.

Most people are bad at 2 point conversion math. Really, it's the smarter play when you're down by 14 but nobody has the guts to ever use that philosophy.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
If the Falcons turn out to be paper tigers then my cognitive dissonance will finally subside so I'm happy the Saints won. Also having so many undefeated teams is kind of annoying. I expect Carolina to fall soon as well and probably Denver since the defense can't win every game for you.
I am pretty sure that Carolina will get their first loss this week, and Denver will get by until next week when Green Bay gives them their first loss

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am pretty sure that Carolina will get their first loss this week, and Denver will get by until next week when Green Bay gives them their first loss
You really think Seattle is going to beat Carolina? They could barely beat the lions (thank you refs with your bullshit call!), what chance do they have against the panthers?

*Michigan resident, I root for lions 24/7 and yes, they blow fucking ass this year.