NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God dammit, Brian Stork (C) out for Thursday against the Steelers.

This is going to be an edelman heavy game. Quick outs.
I think Tre Jackson was gonna be the right guard starter regardless. But it'll be interesting to see if they go with Andrews at center and wendell at left guard, or if they go with Wendell at center and run both mason and jackson at guards. 2 rookies on the starting o-line scares me.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I would be more worried about your coaches, front office, and ownership way more than any 1 person on your roster right now.
Cause I totally didn't bring up the coaches at all, I didn't say it would be a huge thing to watch or anything.

Front office is fine-ish, I'm not terribly displeased in their drafting and trading, and I can't think of a free agent signing that just blew up in their faces. Ownership is something I've been saying is a huge problem even during the Harbaugh era (I said York would dump Harbaugh as soon as he got his fancy stadium). So this season isn't the season I suddenly start worrying about that, it's been there all along.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Murray wasn't the most important piece of the Cowboys offense you fucking clown.
As a Cowboys fan, I would argue that while he wasn't "the" most important piece, the threat of him getting the ball and Smithing it up the middle every-fucking-play has to have a major impact on opponents' pass defense last season. I don't think our rush is going to be nearly as good, largely because that perceived threat isn't as strong (coming out of the preaseason). I think our slightly improved O-line will mean Romo has a better chance to connect with our receivers even when they are double teaming Witten and Dez, but I don't think the implied threat of 3-4 yards each play is going to be there. That's a pretty significant factor in how opposing coaches run their defenses.

That said, I think our current RBs will pose enough threat combined with the slightly improved O-line to give Romo time to get the ball into interesting and productive places. But neither of our RBs carry the implicit threat that Murray did for literally the entire season. As to what he'll do on the Eagles? That is a -very- injury prone offense, especially with their focus. No idea how it will work, but they were pretty low in O-line scores last seasons, and not a lot made me think that they have improved enough to give Bradford or Murray the protection that they will require to have that implicit threat that was held during last season.

In otherwords, who the fuck knows how this will play out. Mathematically the Cowboys were shit last season according to speculators, and they ended up with division. Who knows what is going to happen with the offensive shuffle this year.

I do know that Washington will continue to be a shitshow, though.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think most people who are actual hardcore fans of one team only like that one team, are neutral on a few and actively hate almost every other team
I've been a Bears fan all my life. But they're a shit organization if the last 30 years have shown anything. The Cowboys have 20 years now of being truly shit but they won't accept that until Jerrah croaks they won't be anything but shit. But that realization will come and come hard.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been a Bears fan all my life. But they're a shit organization if the last 30 years have shown anything. The Cowboys have 20 years now of being truly shit but they won't accept that until Jerrah croaks they won't be anything but shit. But that realization will come and come hard.
I feel for you. It must be hard to pine for the days of the Rex Grossman era.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
ESPN is the most shill organization ever

ESPN gives s Patriots opus | ProFootballTalk
Bill Belichick, Patriots past cheating stokes suspicion - NFL - SI.com

60% of your colleagues think you are dirty, and there has been evidence of you cheating but there's no fire here. The smoke has already killed everyone but if you aren't alive to see the fire, it just isn't there.

Not to feed Azeth more but he obviously hasn't been listening or reading them the past 6 months. Where is ESPN headquarters located at BTW? I'm sure there are no fans there.. Oh, and Heath Evans has already described the taste of Kraft's balls in his mouth, so yeah...shill, indeed.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Goddamn it feels good to wake up and know that you will be able to watch REAL FOOTBALL today!

Maybe that should be REAL* FOOTBALL? I don't care, may all of your home teams and fantasy players be ever in your favor!

moontayle

Golden Squire
I may not like any of your teams but as a fan I wish you all the best of luck. Let's get this party started!

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I may not like any of your teams but as a fan I wish you all the best of luck. Let's get this party started!
NO. No no no no no.

Fuck your team. Fuck it hard. Fuck it with a barb wired pole.

Hate is very important, dammit.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope the Patriot's plane crashes into the side of a mountain on the way back from their loss.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
what plane, the pats are at home....

it is amazing what the jealousy is doing.

spygate from 2001-2006(end of season) every Single team videotaped the sidelines from "whereever" they wanted. spygate- before the season started- NFL sent out a memo saying, videotaping must be performed from a designated area not "whereever".

game 1 of the season- vs the jets-the pats had a guy not in said designated area- he got detained -with the videotape- around halftime. that is the EXTENT of spygate-a video of maybe a half of football, which the patriots never saw... if the guy was in the designated area, then he would not have been detained and there would have been no spygate.

GAME 1 of the season- prior to that season, every team did it from the sidelines or stands or whereever they wanted. then the league said. no you can do it, just from "here" only. the pats did not follow that rule-got bagged the first game that the league was enforcing said rule.

now the pats are being blamed for the SD not getting a new stadium-because they beat the bolts in the playoffs 10or so years ago, it has reached rediculous and hilarous extents now for what the patriots "did".

now hopefully it will all go away for the season so we can talk about...football games.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
what plane, the pats are at home....

it is amazing what the jealousy is doing.

spygate from 2001-2006(end of season) every Single team videotaped the sidelines from "whereever" they wanted. spygate- before the season started- NFL sent out a memo saying, videotaping must be performed from a designated area not "whereever".

game 1 of the season- vs the jets-the pats had a guy not in said designated area- he got detained -with the videotape- around halftime. that is the EXTENT of spygate-a video of maybe a half of football, which the patriots never saw... if the guy was in the designated area, then he would not have been detained and there would have been no spygate.

GAME 1 of the season- prior to that season, every team did it from the sidelines or stands or whereever they wanted. then the league said. no you can do it, just from "here" only. the pats did not follow that rule-got bagged the first game that the league was enforcing said rule.

now the pats are being blamed for the SD not getting a new stadium-because they beat the bolts in the playoffs 10or so years ago, it has reached rediculous and hilarous extents now for what the patriots "did".

now hopefully it will all go away for the season so we can talk about...football games.
I didn't say which loss, any loss will do, preferably this season.

HURR HURR ERR BODY DOES IT DAT MAKES IT OK!! Sorry that dumbass defense mechanism is out played and invalid. Come up with something else fucking cheating scum.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hey checkout how many fines were imposed on my team and how many draft picks were taken from us for cheating.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The vast majority are claiming you Cowboys fans are crazy for thinking there will be no drop off in your run game from losing him.

Of course the O-Line has a lot to do with it, but simply dismissing what Murray did is stupid. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Which Cowboy fan said that? The other ones might enjoy ridiculing him too.