NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
As a 49ers fan, take it from me that your D-Coordinator is really, really good. If your management is smart, they'll hang onto him.
Yeah Fangio was the steal of the season and yet one more reason the 49ers management is awful.

isnt this how people expected the packers to play after they lost Jordy? i think the curiosity is how they so well til the past few games.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This just sets the stage for Detroit to sweep GB on the way to an NFC north title! Life long Lions fan checking in here.

Dallas has 10 days to decide how to play out the rest of the season.
i find it comical they play Romo, who clearly wasn't ready to be back, against a team that was going to win almost regardless of how well Romo played.

its one thing to play Romo against the Giants coming into town. its retarded to play him against the Panthers.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
The writing is on the wall that Manziel is gonna get cut by the browns as soon as they can. We all know that Jerrah will give that little shit a shot at being Romo's successor.

moontayle

Golden Squire
i find it comical they play Romo, who clearly wasn't ready to be back, against a team that was going to win almost regardless of how well Romo played.

its one thing to play Romo against the Giants coming into town. its retarded to play him against the Panthers.
You really don't think things through, do you?

The fastest way to lose a team is to make a move that clearly signals you've given up. Not to get all Herm Edwards up in here, but you play to win the game. You as much as anyone on this board should be familiar with that mindset.

It would be different if they were in, say, the NFC South/North where it's clear they wouldn't have a chance at winning the division or getting a wild card slot. But as has been repeated everywhere, that's not the case in the NFC East. As of the start of yesterday they were only 2 games out of first. As a coach, in that situation, you give your team the best chance to win. This year it's been clear that meant Romo under center.

Anyway, they'll keep fighting because that's the mindset Garrett has preached to them for the past five years. They might even win a game or two in the process.

I'm not even sure what this means. They are done, so what other option do they have but to continue to suck and improve their draft slot.
It's more to the mindset Garrett has worked on building into this team. Doing anything other than playing to win is exactly the opposite of that and it would damage a lot of what's been happening for the last few years.

You really don't think things through, do you?

The fastest way to lose a team is to make a move that clearly signals you've given up. Not to get all Herm Edwards up in here, but you play to win the game. You as much as anyone on this board should be familiar with that mindset.
no you're wrong, but you think you're right because you actually believe Romo gave them a shot to win that game. he didn't, it was pointless to play him.

also Dallas already has the most dysfunctional locker room in the league, so I'm pretty sure sitting Romo for a guaranteed loss would've done jack & shit.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's always going to be a discussion where Dallas fans are going to think they had way more of a realistic shot than they really did (running the table totally going to happen!) and the rest of us are going to think they had far less of a shot than they really did too.

Don't know about this whole "mindset" of Garrett...personally I don't think much of him as a head coach. Smartest thing to do now would be to tank the shit out of the season, let Romo heal up fully for next year, and hit a home run with the top draft pick.

Merrith

Best stat I've seen today, in 2015 so far, the Philly team with the highest winning percentage was the Phillies...who had the worst record in MLB.

moontayle

Golden Squire
no you're wrong, but you think you're right because you actually believe Romo gave them a shot to win that game. he didn't, it was pointless to play him.
He gave them a better chance to win than Cassell. That it didn't matter in the end is besides the point. As a coach and as a team you put the best players you have available on the field. Period. Full stop. To do anything else is to signal to the team that you're not interested in winning. When teams start playing guys to "see what they have", that's when you lose a locker room and potentially the fans... you know, the people that bring in money. It might be different for the Cowboys, their fan base is spread out and pretty solid, but still.

also Dallas alreadyhas the most dysfunctional locker roomin the league, so I'm pretty sure sitting Romo for a guaranteed loss would've done jack & shit.
And you base this on... what exactly? Tell us what you know Azeth* Schefter.

And you base this on... what exactly? Tell us what you know Azeth* Schefter.
is that a serious question? you're debating that Dallas does NOT have the most dysfunctional locker room?

Between the 3 psychopaths Hardy, Randle, Bryant, and the default but incapable leaders Romo & Garrett.. I think it's a guarantee.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
It's always going to be a discussion where Dallas fans are going to think they had way more of a realistic shot than they really did (running the table totally going to happen!) and the rest of us are going to think they had far less of a shot than they really did too.

Don't know about this whole "mindset" of Garrett...personally I don't think much of him as a head coach. Smartest thing to do now would be to tank the shit out of the season, let Romo heal up fully for next year, and hit a home run with the top draft pick.
That top pick belongs to the Chargers so we can get yet another RB that will not fix any of our problems!

Merrith

That top pick belongs to the Chargers so we can get yet another RB that will not fix any of our problems!
I kind of phrased that badly, didn't mean for that to read as #1 overall, but a very high pick that they get someone who will help them next year, versus say trading down and getting 2 potential long term starters that may take longer to develop.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
It seems to be a race to the bottom we are just currently in the lead I guess.