NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

moontayle

Golden Squire
is that a serious question? you're debating that Dallas does NOT have the most dysfunctional locker room?

Between the 3 psychopaths Hardy, Randle, Bryant, and the default but incapable leaders Romo & Garrett.. I think it's a guarantee.
That's your evidence? Good work there Columbo, you've cracked the case!

You want to know what a dysfunctional locker room is like? It's the one where fingers and blame are being done to other players on the team. It's the one where coaches "leak" information about shit going down. None of which is happening in Dallas.

So try again.

That's your evidence? Good work there Columbo, you've cracked the case!

You want to know what a dysfunctional locker room is like? It's the one where fingers and blame are being done to other players on the team. It's the one where coaches "leak" information about shit going down. None of which is happening in Dallas.

So try again.
their amazing locker room must have something to do with their stellar record

Sterling

El Presidente
Best stat I've seen today, in 2015 so far, the Philly team with the highest winning percentage was the Phillies...who had the worst record in MLB.
Worst team in baseball tends to be in the .375 to .400 range which in football would be like 6-10 which is never going to be the worst record in football. Small samples etc. Still funny.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Worst team in baseball tends to be in the .375 to .400 range which in football would be like 6-10 which is never going to be the worst record in football. Small samples etc. Still funny.
Well Sixers have been in tank mode for years, and the Flyers have just been dreadful in the calendar year of 2015. Eagles at 4-7 works out to ~.364

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Wait, Cowboys fans are still holding out hope that they're going to make the playoffs? Am I comprehending this correctly?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
2 games behind the division leader, one behind both runner ups. I mean, it isn't likely at all really. But mathematically it's still entirely possible, especially with how terrible the division is.

As a fan though, I would prefer they take it super safe for the rest of the season, rest Dez a bunch so he doesn't reinjure his foot, and use the games as expensive practices while intentionally aiming for better draft position. Which might happen regardless if they continue to "try" for the rest of the season due to their record and how they've been playing in general. But what is going to happen is that they will continue to push, probably wrack up more injuries, and somehow edge out the terrible redskins and eagles while still failing to get to the playoffs. Just enough so we don't end up in amazing position to hopefully pick up a Romo replacement. Such is the way of Jerry's 'Boys.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Wait, Cowboys fans are still holding out hope that they're going to make the playoffs? Am I comprehending this correctly?
Azeth* questioned why play Romo at all because it was a foregone conclusion that Dallas wasn't going to win. Because apparently he's the Doctor and had been to the future. My response was that, because the NFCE was bad all around this year, and Dallas was only 2 games out of first even at 3-7, that they had to play Romo because they still were "in it".

It's a stupid no brainer Azeth* observation because he can't fathom why a team would put their best players on the field.

Azeth* questioned why play Romo at all because it was a foregone conclusion that Dallas wasn't going to win. Because apparently he's the Doctor and had been to the future. My response was that, because the NFCE was bad all around this year, and Dallas was only 2 games out of first even at 3-7, that they had to play Romo because they still were "in it".

It's a stupid no brainer Azeth* observation because he can't fathom why a team would put their best players on the field.
he came back from an injury unnecessarily early, likely from Jerrah pressure

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So you're telling me the Cowboysaren'tmathematically eliminated?

Hell no. They have to keep him on at least another year for the full train wreck to play out.
I think Chip probably finishes this season but there's no fucking way he's back next year. Philly fans would revolt and burn something down. Its basically a public safety move to fire Chip.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
So you're telling me the Cowboysaren'tmathematically eliminated?
Giants are 5-5, Cowboys are 3-8. With 6 games left to go.

I still want the Cowboys to sit Dez, sit Lee, start Cassell, and go 0-6 the rest of the way. The Cowboys at the top of the NFL draft will be the highest rated draft in history.

moontayle

Golden Squire
he came back from an injury unnecessarily early, likely from Jerrah pressure
You put your best players on the field moron. Romo being out there was precisely why they used the IR boomerang instead of shutting him down for the year the first time it happened. There's risk of injury every single play. Again, something YOU should know because at this point the Patriots are running guys off the couch on your O-line. It's a wonder Brady hasn't been hurt yet for as much as he gets knocked around.

I still want the Cowboys to sit Dez, sit Lee, start Cassell, and go 0-6 the rest of the way. The Cowboys at the top of the NFL draft will be the highest rated draft in history.
Meh. They've hit on the last three, it wouldn't surprise me if this next one ends up a bust just to even the odds and for the last vestiges of the 2015 season to shit on the team in epic fashion.

Column_sl

shitlord
Only good thing that will come from this is we are 100% going to draft a QB next year. Romo plays for a year more with the new guy as a back up, if he does well fine then we have a great season. If he gets hurt again then we start bringing up the next good QB in the league.

Drafting qbs no matter if they are a number one pick, or not is like a lottery. You never know what you are going to get in the NFL, and it usally takes them a few years to adjust.

So yeah doesn't look bright.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The Cowboys still have a chance, well they do if Cassel didn't suck. They are only two games behind the division leaders and none of the teams are exactly tearing it up out there. They are not going to make it though unless they start playing much better than they have been.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
i find it comical they play Romo, who clearly wasn't ready to be back, against a team that was going to win almost regardless of how well Romo played.

its one thing to play Romo against the Giants coming into town. its retarded to play him against the Panthers.
Maybe against the panthers you have a point worth considering, but he had to play the week before against the lolphins.

is that a serious question? you're debating that Dallas does NOT have the most dysfunctional locker room?

Between the 3 psychopaths Hardy, Randle, Bryant, and the default but incapable leaders Romo & Garrett.. I think it's a guarantee.
Except randle isn't in the locker room and hardy is a leader. I mean, other than nearly everything you said being wrong, you're spot on!

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Cowboys still have a chance, well they do if Cassel didn't suck. They are only two games behind the division leaders and none of the teams are exactly tearing it up out there. They are not going to make it though unless they start playing much better than they have been.
Cassel is amazing, he was a backup in NE, don't you realize that makes him a starter on any other team?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Only good thing that will come from this is we are 100% going to draft a QB next year. Romo plays for a year more with the new guy as a back up, if he does well fine then we have a great season. If he gets hurt again then we start bringing up the next good QB in the league.

Drafting qbs no matter if they are a number one pick, or not is like a lottery. You never know what you are going to get in the NFL, and it usally takes them a few years to adjust.

So yeah doesn't look bright.
You trust the Cowboys to draft a good qb? They're the same team that was convinced Brandon Weedon was going to step in and fill Romo's shoes and win some games.

Brandon Fuckin Weedon.

If Kellen Moore isn't decent the Cowboys are fucked.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Everyone is forgetting...Giants and Skins have yet to play this week. And it's only FIVE games to go for the Cowboys (they're 3-8 already). Barring the unlikely event of a tie, if the Giants win, they're 6-5, a full 3 games ahead of Dallas with only 5 to go. If the Skins win, they're "in 1st palce" (for whatever that is worth at 5-6) with momentum going against a Romoless Dallas next week. If Skins win, then Dallas is 2 games back of both Giants and the Skins with only 5 to play. I'm feeling a lot better at getting at least a split against Dallas with Romo out.

Btw I thought Azeth only meant they should not have played Romo against the Panthers because they were definitely going to lose that game (no idea why he would play last week, but sit out this week, then play the rest of the year, but it was Azeth so I assumed that this thought process might actually be something he would feasibly come up with).

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Everyone is forgetting...Giants and Skins have yet to play this week. And it's only FIVE games to go for the Cowboys (they're 3-8 already). Barring the unlikely event of a tie, if the Giants win, they're 6-5, a full 3 games ahead of Dallas with only 5 to go. If the Skins win, they're "in 1st palce" (for whatever that is worth at 5-6) with momentum going against a Romoless Dallas next week. If Skins win, then Dallas is 2 games back of both Giants and the Skins with only 5 to play. I'm feeling a lot better at getting at least a split against Dallas with Romo out.

Btw I thought Azeth only meant they should not have played Romo against the Panthers because they were definitely going to lose that game (no idea why he would play last week, but sit out this week, then play the rest of the year, but it was Azeth so I assumed that this thought process might actually be something he would feasibly come up with).
Well Azeth* is Azeth* so everything he says is retarded. You don't just assume you're going to win the games you're favored and lose the ones you're underdogs in. With hindsight, that would have been a better, but unfortunately the Cowboys didn't use their time machine and it bit them in the ass. Romo was still not 100% and 3 days rest plus the beastly Panthers defense was a pretty shit situation to be put in, but it's not like they had a choice. Win out and your fate is most likely in your hands. Go 8-8 and you probably need some help.

Mathematically, they can make the playoffs at 6-10. That's ridiculously unlikely and would get blown out in the first round with Cassell leading them. With Kellen Moore, however, they'd obviously tear it up and win it all.