NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pats are 2 and 4 in their last 6 games and just got spanked by the shitty Dolphins. The Chiefs have won their last 11. Even with returning players, the Pats are going to get raped, HARD.
Most of the hurt players for the Pats should be GTG for the Pats this coming game, most importantly Edelman. O-Line sucking isn't as huge an issue when Brady has Edelman back as a safety valve. Plus it helps Gronk as well, since opposing team defense now has to account for Edelman as a huge threat and can't devote as much to Gronk.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Most of the hurt players for the Pats should be GTG for the Pats this coming game, most importantly Edelman. O-Line sucking isn't as huge an issue when Brady has Edelman back as a safety valve. Plus it helps Gronk as well, since opposing team defense now has to account for Edelman as a huge threat and can't devote as much to Gronk.
The real deciding factor of the game is how good is Brady? If his sprain is mostly good then I think they tear apart the Chiefs. If he isn't then I think the Chiefs eek it out. If his ankle is worse then they are letting on then he will be forced to throw those 8 yard or less passes all game.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Only wrong about the Packers/Redskins game, but I wasn't surprised at all.

NFC
Seattlevs. Carolina
Green Bay vs.Arizona

AFC
KCvs. NE
Pitt vs.Denver

I really expect to see KC pull off a win against the Pats. I think KC's D is more than up to the challenge, and the Pats O line won't do them any favors. As for the Seahawks, I see them playing far better thanks to it being considerably warmer and possibly pulling out the upset win. Denver, for obvious reasons as well the Cards.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't expect most to pick Carolina no matter who they play the rest of the playoffs, which is weird to say for a team that went 15-1. That being said, I expect them to beat Seattle. Seattle isn't playing Teddy Bridgewater again.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You guys act like the Chiefs are incapable of beating the Patriots. Who completely destroyed the Pats last year? Oh yeah a shitty Chiefs team. The Chiefs are playing good football right now and the Pats are not. Having some of their key offensive weapons back will definitely help and you can never count the Pats out in the post season. Acting like they have no chance though is ludicrous.

Also the Panthers always play Seattle well but I don't think the 3rd coldest game of all time is really going to be indicative of their performance against the Panthers.

Also I did okay this post season so far.

Chiefs@ Texans
Steelers@ Bengals If Dalton plays i think Bengals.
Seahawks@ Vikings
Packers@ Redskins

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Trolling at one time was the subtle ability to get someone arguing against you to agree with your side of an argument. Ambit is just retarded.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Jesus Christ it's bad enough to spam the thread with random picks but do you really think that anyone wants a report on whether all the picks we already had to scroll through were correct or not?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Jesus Christ it's bad enough to spam the thread with random picks but do you really think that anyone wants a report on whether all the picks we already had to scroll through were correct or not?
What else do 49ers fans have to do?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've always hated yards per game used as a metric for a defense. It doesn't reflect the circumstances of the game. Like when a team is blowing out another they'll play soft defense and allow more yards.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I've always hated yards per game used as a metric for a defense. It doesn't reflect the circumstances of the game. Like when a team is blowing out another they'll play soft defense and allow more yards.
I honestly think 3rd down stops and points allowed are the best metrics.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Defense is best measured by points allowed and average drive length, really. The drive length is somewhat subjective, so the only really hard data that is worth a shit is points allowed, as it also has the most tangible effect on the game. Even then, you probably need to take points from turnovers in your own half out of that stat to get a good representation, because only the truly elite Ds can hold out when their QB goes full Romo and dumps the ball on the doorstep.

Anyhow, my main takeaway from last weekend is that the games were way too chippy in general, with the Bungle debacle putting an exclamation point on it. Even the GB/Skins game was somewhat chippy, though it seemed like a sunday bible study compared to the rest of the weekend. That shit needs to be quashed, pronto. Players should not be allowed to argue with the ref at all, except for the captains MAYBE, without getting an unsportsmanlike and laying a hand on a zebra should be good for an instant ejection. If players not conducting themselves like grown men hurts the team more consistently, you will get less shitbag behavior tolerated by coaching staffs. The issue is that teams have been getting away with this shit for a while so some coaches are actually INCITING it as a strategic thing, so an instigator penalty is probably in order like they have in hockey. Basically, I am tired of watching teams work the refs and sneak in cheap shots.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not sure why they seem so reluctant to eject players the past few seasons. Maybe the new CBA had something in it?

The fact that there were zero ejections in the Bengals/Steelers game is just ridiculous. I feel like they need to start doing it though to send a message. And I say that as someone whose team would be hurt by it; Desean Jackson and Deangelo Hall are probably good for a few ejections every season.

This should also be applicable to coaches. That dude on the Steelers sideline should've been gone.

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure why they seem so reluctant to eject players the past few seasons. Maybe the new CBA had something in it?

The fact that there were zero ejections in the Bengals/Steelers game is just ridiculous. I feel like they need to start doing it though to send a message. And I say that as someone whose team would be hurt by it; Desean Jackson and Deangelo Hall are probably good for a few ejections every season.

This should also be applicable to coaches. That dude on the Steelers sideline should've been gone.
Mike Munchcarpet should have gotten ejected. They also should have ejected Peko for this -

Bengals On Sideline Player Runs Clear Onto Field Just To Shove Steelers, Gets Flagged | Daily Snark

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's weird but those two games against the other 1st place teams can really hurt you, especially in a league where every game is important. That and the NFCE plays the AFCN next year and outside of Cleveland, none of those games are gimmes. It's realistic to see another 9-7 team or lower taking the division next year.
Not just the AFCN, but NFCN as well. Packers and Vikings were playoff teams this year, Detroit finished the year on a 6-2 run, and Chicago in last still won 6 games. But yeah, adding in Arizona and Carolina to all that means we're going to have a rough time next year unless we really plug some holes in the draft and free agency. Cousins having an actual offseason getting first team reps should be beneficial though.