NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm drunk. Apologies.

Bonkers season. Was too distracted with company to post during the game. Cannot believe Manning won this, but somehow it makes me happy. That fuckin' old retarded looking mutant. Grats Broncos fans.

By the way that was the best half-time show in the history of the Super Bowl and yes I realize this means I'm gay now.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
What's the over/under on wives getting beat in Beantown tonight?
Why would wives in Boston get beat, the Broncos beat Carolina. If you think Pats fans hate Manning, you're wrong. We hate Eli, yes, but Peyton has been the whipping boy for Brady, I'm glad he won.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Let me just say I was dead wrong about this game as was 80 percent of the media. Incredible game, the NFL continues to be exciting and unpredictable, ingredients for survival during a time of moral upheaval concerning concussions and injuries.

Cam Newton hurt himself a lot last night. Keapernick was thrown in the trash after a bad 18 month stretch but at least he performed in the Super Bowl almost winning it. Newton performed all year yet couldn't do shit in the big game. I don't want to hear he hadn't seen anything like Denver defense before as he beat Seattle twice and trashed Arizonas. The Panthers had the ball on their own 30 down 6 with 5 min remaining. Newton had every opportunity to win that game in the end. Instead they run on 1st down for little gain then throws an inaccurate rope before holding on to the ball forever which lead to another strip sack. This speaks to Riveras incompetence as a coach, not being able to make adjustments. Given what transpired all game he should of not been running on 1st down (so predictable as well as idiotic given they needed to move the fucking ball and fast) and not only that but dialing up passing plays designed to let things develop down field which means Cam holding the ball way too long.

I wonder how different things could have been if they used Olsen like Daniel's and had Cam just execute 3 step drops and get rid of the ball Pronto whether it's to Olsen releasing off a block or getting Stewart the ball in the flat, but they surely could have done more to stifle Denvers pressure.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nobody gave this Denver D credit enough. Pittsburgh was going to blow them out, Brady was going to light them up, no way they could beat Carolina. I was picking them all along, of course much of that was me rooting against the Steelers and Pats. But don't discount the ability of a great D to carry a playoff run, even in this offensive minded era, we keep seeing the great units come up big in the end.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
That hit on cam's side when he ran early on pretty obviously effected him the rest of the game.

Anywho. I was saying it earlier in the year, I was thinking it before this game, and it's even more true after the game:

dat defense.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I'm just glad D-Ware got a ring. Class act, on and off the field.

Also, Eli Manning-face taken to new heights last night.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The #1 Defense in the league carried its team to a Championship. Of the 50 Superbowls played, the #1 defense in the league played in 12. Those teams went 10-2. Of the last 10 Superbowls played, the team with the higher rated defense won 9 of them.

Defense wins championships.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Your stats are wrong. Patriots in 2014, Ravens in 2012, Giants in 2011, 2009 Saints were all lower rated D's that won.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Wonder how their defense will play next year. Don't suppose we will get lucky enough for Denver to fall apart in the off season.

aXVQQBH.png

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Okay, serious question: let's say that Newton did get on that fumble and secured it, but was injured in the process to the point where he would no longer be able to participate in that game. Who would they put in his place, and would they have had a better shot at breaching the Great Wall of Denver?
Hindsight is 20/20, but we saw that cam wasn't able to do anything so the backup couldn't have done any worse. Sometimes the backup provides a little spark just because the defense hasn't been preparing for him, and a little spark might have been enough in this game.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Why would wives in Boston get beat, the Broncos beat Carolina. If you think Pats fans hate Manning, you're wrong. We hate Eli, yes, but Peyton has been the whipping boy for Brady, I'm glad he won.
What he said. Eli we despise. Pey Pey we love playing him!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone have a gif of the bronco rubbing his dick in cam's face after a tackle? Can't remember who it was.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i notice a lot of people are questioning the newton non dive fall the ball and the flinch.

looking at the shot from the game. and a slo-mo gif...the ball was heading to newtons right when the bounce happened, if he dove straight at it, he would have missed the ball, thus the flinch.

that said von miller and the denver defense dominated the line- no time to throw when you NEED time for the receivers to get open = you gonna get Hit.

On to Next Year

Peyton- will/should retire- he needs to talk to Elway and Favre- going out a Superbowl winner vs going out a has been hanging on for too long.

von miller -who is a free agent- will most likely be franchised unless he comes to terms with Denver before then.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Peyton should send Cam a case of Budweiser with a note telling him to stop being such a little bitch in defeat and start being a man