NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
nfl_pass_rush.png

Saw this about the dominance of the passing game in the current state, stats dont include the last few SBs but its pretty interesting.

Xevy

Log Wizard
That seems like...common sense if I'm reading it right. The average pass is like 6-7 yards with 55% completion vs an average run of 2.5-3.5 with no "non-run completion" stat. Basically that just shows passing nets more yards and better offenses tend to win.

Edit: Just reread "per play". Still just seems to say the better offense in the game wins. Duh?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
That seems like...common sense if I'm reading it right. The average pass is like 6-7 yards with 55% completion vs an average run of 2.5-3.5 with no "non-run completion" stat. Basically that just shows passing nets more yards and better offenses tend to win.

Edit: Just reread "per play". Still just seems to say the better offense in the game wins. Duh?
It's not just offense, though. The graph says it is offensive yards gained minus defensive yards allowed. Which means the chart is showing the teams that gain a lot of yards on offense while not allowing their opponents to gain as many yards tend to win. Which is an even bigger "duh."

Next they'll tell us that teams with a positive points differential tend to do better than teams with negative points differential.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That's not true. You rarely hear calls for the Steelers as cheaters in this thread and they have a better record then everyone with 6 world championships.
I'll call them filthy fucking cheaters. I'll also call them dirty. I'll also call them the dick in which fucks refs asshole. I'll also call their fans physically unattractive.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chart says exactly what I was saying. You're right its OK, numbers, colors and shapes are a lot to digest.