NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Arcaus_sl

shitlord
Having gone to the Super Bowl in Indianapolis and Arizona, I can tell you how fucking retarded it is for a city like Indianapolis to get a Super Bowl and not be able to handle the Super Bowl goers. We had to stay in Lafayette Indiana because it was the closest available hotel. Arizona had dope weather, but the fucking game is in Glendale and the fan fest was in Scottsdale, shit made no sense. Vegas is the only city in America with the infrastructure to handle 60k people at one time, have great weather, and give everyone something to do in the days up to the game.
Indy hosts Gencon every year which has 65k attendees not including workers and staff. You can always find a hotel with in 10 minutes or less. Anyone who can't find a hotel in Indy when there are 60k people in town is a retard. Fact not opinion...

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
My biggest beef with the Super Bowl here this year was that we couldn't get any strippers to go up to Santa Rosa for my buddy's bachelor party. Just didn't feel right. But they wanted a fuckload of money to take them away from all that rich man money in SF.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Having gone to the Super Bowl in Indianapolis and Arizona, I can tell you how fucking retarded it is for a city like Indianapolis to get a Super Bowl and not be able to handle the Super Bowl goers. We had to stay in Lafayette Indiana because it was the closest available hotel. Arizona had dope weather, but the fucking game is in Glendale and the fan fest was in Scottsdale, shit made no sense. Vegas is the only city in America with the infrastructure to handle 60k people at one time, have great weather, and give everyone something to do in the days up to the game.
Interesting, friends went to the game in Indy and actually really enjoyed it over some of the usual suspects for Super Bowls (Jacksonville comes to mind)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Indy had the whole downtown set up for a giant party. Streets all closed off, they fucking dusted off the law books to find out you can have open containers so people could walk around with their drinks freely, and they had heaters everywhere expecting it to be like 10-20 degrees, but the entire week it never got below 60. It was actually seen as one of the better Super Bowl hosts and definitely one of the best 'cold weather' hosts ever. I don't ever expect to see it hosted here again though, and that's fine. Like Peyton we should go out on top.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
It's silly to think that a new stadium automatically gets you a super bowl, but I don't think anyone was actually saying that. The new stadium just looks really good on the bid, and the city/team might use the potential SB as leverage to get it approved if needed. I'd imagine in new england they didn't need to make that promise. More cities with old stadiums would probably get the SB if they tried, but they're obviously embarrassed by their facilities.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
It's not automatic, if a city with a new stadium tried to play hardball with the NFL over hosting the NFL would tell them to fuck off. But what do you want to bet SB 53 goes to Atlanta and (assuming the project is completed on time) SB 54 is in LA? I'm willing to bet those are all but locks.

There are other requirements a city must meet to host a Super Bowl. Transportation infrastructure, # of hotel rooms, convention center space, stadium seating capacity, etc. and up until SB XLVIII if you had an outdoor stadium the average temp in Feb had to be above 50F to qualify to bid as well, which is a big reason why most of those cold-weather cities who built stadiums in the not-too-distant past haven't had a SB. Sounds like the NFL is much more open to cold weather SB's now though, probably specifically because they can use potentially awarding a SB as additional incentives to getting stadium deals done.

It isn't an automatic lock, but as long as it looks to be automatic-enough that owners can say "look voters, every city that has opened a new stadium recently has hosted the Super Bowl, do you want a Super Bowl here? Then you better approve our funding!" I think a new stadium will continue to be one of the main deciding factors in awarding SB bids.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It's not automatic, if a city with a new stadium tried to play hardball with the NFL over hosting the NFL would tell them to fuck off. But what do you want to bet SB 53 goes to Atlanta and (assuming the project is completed on time) SB 54 is in LA? I'm willing to bet those are all but locks.
2019 & 2020 Super Bowls - The four finalists for each year are Atlanta, Tampa Bay, New Orleans & Miami
Finalists for 2019, 2020 Super Bowls: Atlanta, Miami, New Orleans, Tampa - CBSSports.com

Atlanta will host one of the them, depending on when the stadium will be ready. It is known.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha Robert Kraft is a butthurt old cheating faggot

"I happened to see Archie [Manning] there [at the Super Bowl]," Kraft told WCVB-TV. "He has two sons who have won two Super Bowls [each]. But with all due respect, we have one son who has won four."
What a whiny jealous little sack*of*shit*. Sorry you old shriveled up looking scrotum in a suit, but the Manning family has 3 SBs at your expense now lololololololol

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Haha Robert Kraft is a butthurt old cheating faggot

What a whiny jealous little sack*of*shit*. Sorry you old shriveled up looking scrotum in a suit, but the Manning family has 3 SBs at your expense now lololololololol
All 4.

Brady choked away a 21-3 lead against GOAT Peyton in the AFC Championship the year he won the SB with the Colts.

Fadaar

That guy
For some reason I thought the year the Colts won it was the year Brady was hurt, guess I was wrong. Guess I should have remembered it was the same year the last time the Super Bowl was in Tampa, the one between Pittsburgh and Arizona.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
hSUZZqs.jpg