NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Pit, Cin, Sea, Den, NE, Phi, Pit have not, so there is no *wink wink*, but of course these are just facts, don't let that cloud your opinions.
The National Football League can't wait to show off its new toys. As soon as a team starts talking about building a new stadium, they get to host the next Super Bowl, whether they are ready for it or not.
Why the Worst Stadiums Host the Super Bowls

Just the facts, bro. But continue to be wrong about everything you post.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
You seriously must pick and choose want you want to read..

There are limits as it relates to cold weather outdoor stadiums, NY was a test run on that, but there is definitely a *wink wink* deal that if you built it, the Super Bowl will (most likely) come.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Pit, Cin, Sea, Den, NE, Phi, Pit have not, so there is no *wink wink*, but of course these are just facts, don't let that cloud your opinions.
I assume these cities have been putting in bids every year since they got their new stadiums. The cities themselves must really suck. Oh and New England won't get a SB until the pats start sucking again. NFL can't let a team have an actual home field advantage in the SB. It might be the same story for those other teams too.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Muurloen, that's Opiates opinion, he's entitled to it, it's wrong but it's his opinion. I'm sticking to facts.

I don't doubt Hoss's opinion and it's the way I lean myself. Building a new stadium has nothing to do with receiving the Super Bowl. The NFL rewards the Super Bowl to cities where people can go and enjoy their fan fest and the game, while also hedge against a home team playing in it.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Muurloen, that's Opiates opinion, he's entitled to it, it's wrong but it's his opinion. I'm sticking to facts.

I don't doubt Hoss's opinion and it's the way I lean myself. Building a new stadium has nothing to do with receiving the Super Bowl. The NFL rewards the Super Bowl to cities where people can go and enjoy their fan fest and the game, while also hedge against a home team playing in it.
I gave you quotes from 4 owners and a commish all saying Minnesota got the Super Bowl because of their new stadium. What more do you want?

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I gave you quotes from 4 owners and a commish all saying Minnesota got the Super Bowl because of their new stadium. What more do you want?
You don't think owners and a commish have an agenda? I want facts, a fact is just something that is true, it can't be disproved. I've disproved the notion that new stadiums get Super Bowls, at this point people would concede that opinion, but not here, no here the mouth breathers must continue to scream their opinion and delve in to name calling and then repeating my catchy slogan.

Facts, not opinions bros.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
You don't think owners and a commish have an agenda? I want facts, a fact is just something that is true, it can't be disproved. I've disproved the notion that new stadiums get Super Bowls, at this point people would concede that opinion, but not here, no here the mouth breathers must continue to scream their opinion and delve in to name calling and then repeating my catchy slogan.

Facts, not opinions bros.
Of course they have an agenda, but guess what it is theiropinionsthat decide where the Super Bowl goes. So as long as sending them to cities that build new stadiums furthers their agendas that will continue to happen.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
At this point, after being proven wrong by multiple sources, Uber has decided to just stick his head in the sand and go all Rubio on us. Same line over and over.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Of course they have an agenda, but guess what it is theiropinionsthat decide where the Super Bowl goes. So as long as sending them to cities that build new stadiums furthers their agendas that will continue to happen.
Which they don't. As demonstrated by New Orleans and Miami, and not rewarding to cities who have built new stadiums.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
ears.jpg

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Which they don't.
Only because they have been shying away from cold-weather outdoor stadiums up until Met Life XLVIII, which was meant to send a clear message to the rest of the NFL- cold weather Super Bowls are on the table and a new (publicly funded) stadium will go a long ways to getting the Super Bowl to YOUR city.

That hedge aside, Goodell seemed to signal that such games are on the table.He referred to Super Bowl XLVIII as a turning point in the league's historyand later said that he didn't forsee many host cities getting multiple bids in the near future.

"I believe we need to get to as many communities as possible and give them the opportunity to share in not only the emotional benefits but also the economic benefits. It helps the NFL, it helps our fans and it helps grow our game."
Goodell on future Super Bowls: We need to get into as many communities as possible | ProFootballTalk

Also Santa Clara was awarded SB 50 at the height of the Niners run under Harbaugh, before any rumblings of his tenure being cut short were surfacing. The NFL does not purposely avoid front runners, and as far as I know Seattle (at the very least) hasn't even bothered to bid for a Super Bowl yet but were considering it after Met Life put cold-weather games on the table.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Having gone to the Super Bowl in Indianapolis and Arizona,I can tell you how fucking retarded it is for a city like Indianapolis to get a Super Bowl and not be able to handle the Super Bowl goers. We had to stay in Lafayette Indiana because it was the closest available hotel.
Confirmed butt-hurt or complete retard. Did you try to book a hotel 2 hours before kick off? Even then there'd be plenty of hotels.