NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Merrith, I cannot wait for this Redskins season.
Yeah, where all of our old friends and all my usual ones make time to text me how terrible we look. At least hockey season starts a month later too.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Man, those gifs give me hope that the 49ers will at least have a few highlight reel plays on their way to the basement of the league.
I don't think they're going to the basement, at least not this year. 3rd or 4th in the division probably, but even with the players they've lost it's still a reasonably talented team that's not going to wind up in the basement with the Redskins/Raiders/Jags/Titans and such. I'm predicting 8-8 +/- 2 games.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
6 and 10 qualifies for the basement in my opinion. Guess we will have to see how it plays out.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i'm still worried about the pat's Defense- last year showed that with a Good backfield vs the pass, they were an elite team, this year- they completely redid it all -basically- my worry is...a reversion to the previous 5 years pass defense, which was basically one of the worst in the league....especially on 3rd down.

offense imo will be fine, but Defense wins Championships, not Offense.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
That article seems to blame Gruden for all that is wrong with Griffin, when most of it was there before he got there. And then its only solution is to just get rid of RGKnee. Which is something he doesn't have the power to do. And the Organization isn't going to get rid of him either as the owner is in love with him. Which is where the real problem begins/ends.
RG3 should really start over somewhere else, but it's doubtful that will happen. He's in year 4, injury history, and is behind on development.

I think it's a little RG3, and a lot the organization. Looking back at that draft and seeing how Wilson and Tannehill are trending compared to RG3, in terms of expectations as well as transitioning to the NFL, I feel really bad for the next QB Snyder wants to draft.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
These two videos should give you an indication of how good his hands and ball control is, along with an indication of his running, vision, decision-making, toughness etc
While he may be an amazing rugby player, a lot of the game doesn't directly translate to the NFL. The dude has looked excellent in the return game, but he's not evencloseto ready as an actually RB. He's not great at following blocks, doesn't make the proper cuts, etc. He still has a lot to learn.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
RG3 should really start over somewhere else, but it's doubtful that will happen. He's in year 4, injury history, and is behind on development.
RG3 needs to make sure he manages his money properly because his days in the NFL are numbered.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
RG3 needs to make sure he manages his money properly because his days in the NFL are numbered.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I think RGIII should be done as a starter after this season, but i bet some team brings him in to compete in camp or something. Chip Kelly perhaps will bring him in for camp then sign him just for the redskins games and use him to run the score up on the redskins or something.

His best chance is landing with some team who has an entrenched starter and getting a few season of backup money. but that seems like a long shot at this point.

/saltyskinsfan

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think they're going to the basement, at least not this year. 3rd or 4th in the division probably, but even with the players they've lost it's still a reasonably talented team that's not going to wind up in the basement with the Redskins/Raiders/Jags/Titans and such. I'm predicting 8-8 +/- 2 games.
Watching the preseason games, I actually think Kaepernick is quite possibly the biggest issue on the team. The OLine definitely has some questions, but they may be able to come together and do well enough. But I think Kaepernick is going to be the death of the offense, and the defense may be decent enough to keep them close in most games. 6-10 is my optimistic guess

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
While he may be an amazing rugby player, a lot of the game doesn't directly translate to the NFL. The dude has looked excellent in the return game, but he's not evencloseto ready as an actually RB. He's not great at following blocks, doesn't make the proper cuts, etc. He still has a lot to learn.
Absolutely agree with that. I expect him (on the basis of training camps and performance so far) to make the team as kick returner and be slated as 3rd or 4th string rb with a carry or two per game to get experience and have the coaching staff evaluating his progress in learning the nuances of RB, which is a different style to what he's used to in terms of finding spots to get to open field, and if he lasts in to a 3rd year in the league likely either stay as only kick return or move to a backup RB if he makes enough progress

jrbuddha

Silver Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_107450.jpg