NFL 2015-2016 Season Thread

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Didn't Pagano pass on a one year extension, saying that he was going to "bet on himself" in hopes of a long term extension? If so I think that play is a good microcosm of how that plan is working out for Pangano...

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I read it quickly, might of read it wrong, but seems like pulling a trick play off with the two key players not in on the concept of the play would make it a little more stupid of a plan.
More stupid than if the "plan" was to have an illegal formation and a WR as the only blocker? I really don't think it's possible for that play to be any dumber than what we saw.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Seahawks/49ers this Thursday.

It's crazy how fast this went from one of the premiere match ups to a retard slap fight.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I think I want San Fran to win only because Seattle is a better team. It's Arizona I'm worried about in the west anyways.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Seahawks/49ers this Thursday.

It's crazy how fast this went from one of the premiere match ups to a retard slap fight.
It wasn't too long where this used to be a retard slap fight. I remember going to some epic(ly bad) games between Alex Smith and Tarvaris Jackson. My buddy I went with (Hawks fan) and I always called it the Battle of Ineptitude.

At least after the offseason I was prepared for my team to suck. My buddy is much more salty about the whole thing right now.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Both teams got good about the same time and now back to bad about the same time. Tide goes in tide goes out.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I am not buying that Seattle is down and out just yet. They are struggling, but I think they will bounce back and finish with at least 10 wins. The 49ers would be lucky to get 4 this year

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
seattle got so bad

like all players from winning teams they left to get PAID, so they lost defensive players and the replacements are not as good thus teams are scoring more- creating more pressure on the offense to score every possession, while,
the offensive line is playing like crap & teams learning how to contain wilson = wilson gets sacked more=not playing well.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't think Seattle is a terrible team I just am expecting 8ish wins and probably missing the playoffs.

moontayle

Golden Squire
How has Seattle fallen off a cliff so hard?
They lost some of their good, cheap players through FA and were never going to be able to hold on to them since they had to pay Wilson and others.

I'm with Ameraves, I don't think they're completely down and out but they certainly lost a step this year.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They never had team chemistry to begin with and their offense got by on a combination of a really good power back and the read option gimmick. Now, after the rookie contracts are over and they had to pay Wilson and Lynch serious money, they could not afford to retain the stacked roster and its really hurt them in line play. I know QBs worth a shit are in short supply so they were kind of fucked and had to overpay Wilson, but they probably should have let Lynch walk and kept more of their line intact. Also, now that they are losing, Pete Carroll's fast and loose style is biting them in the ass. The team is doing a lot of finger pointing and folks are bailing off the bandwagon. Wilson trying to Tebow it up all the time with the Jebus talk, when his wife nailed Tate on the side, probably is not helping much. Teams that are run like college programs tend to implode harshly when shit goes south, though Seattle is notable in being able to put together a championship team during their apex.

Under a disciplinarian type of coach, they probably could have sustained it longer. Sneaky Pete doesn't work that way, though. He is a boom and bust kind of guy, if you look at his coaching history.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seattle is still a good team, they are just struggling to protect Wilson. When he doesnt have time to throw, the offense is out of sync, even with his ability to extend plays outside the pocket.

That offense has always depended on a strong ground game mixed with big plays over the top. But when the oline cant block the run game suffers and those big plays dry up.

Tldr its the offensive line.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
They've also played more games than any other team the past 2 years, and as such had the shortest off-seasons of any teams. Looks like it's just catching up to them now.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Why did they give up their center for a Tight end they do not even throw to?
The general consensus is that Unger was not going to be a Seahawk this year regardless. What he was due to make combined with his injury history and where he was in his career all pointed to us probably cutting him before the season started. So we traded him for a 4th rounder form the Saints, and we traded our 1st rounder for Graham is a better way to look at that deal. Why we aren't throwing to him more is a combination of our O line being pretty bad and trying to fit him into our system.

Jozu and Uber and probably the most correct about our situation. I also don't think we are done this year. I do think we fix it but at best we make the playoffs but get bounced early.

Zitar

Silver Knight of the Realm
Seattle will likely have to go 8-2 the rest of the way to make the playoffs. They still have to play the Steelers and Cardinals twice. Doesn't seem likely given their o-line play and lack of depth. All those big money contracts are killing them.