NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

moontayle

Golden Squire
Harrison does not deserve to be in if TO isn't in.

And yea, Dungy got in because of all the stuff he did for the league as an ambassador or sorts and his performance as a coach is just enough to justify it. Also, race.

Lastly, welcome Fan-thers!
Sometimes it's political, making someone wait a year or two. TO did not make any friends off the field, and sometimes even on the field. He'll get in. They say they don't take off the field antics into consideration, but it's bullshit and everyone knows it.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Sometimes it's political, making someone wait a year or two. TO did not make any friends off the field, and sometimes even on the field. He'll get in. They say they don't take off the field antics into consideration, but it's bullshit and everyone knows it.
Yeah...Cris Carter wasn't first ballot either, which was a fucking joke.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Neither was Tim Brown, which was a bigger joke.
Meh...Cris Carter is in my Top 5 All-Time list for receivers...Brown is maybe Top 10. Carter was #2 in pretty much every receiving stat behind Rice when he retired...I won't argue with you saying Brown should have been one, too, but he definitely didn't deserve it more than Carter.

moontayle

Golden Squire
We get two weeks of Pey-Pey's Legacy as the primary story then the actual offseason starts with the Combine.

February 8: Waiver system begins for 2016.

February 9: Beginning at 12 noon, New York time, NFL clubs may begin to sign players whose 2015 CFL contracts have expired. Players under contract to a CFL club for the 2016 season or who have an option for the 2016 season are not eligible to be signed.

February 13: NFL Regional Combines, Houston Texans Methodist Training Facility, Houston, Texas.

February 16: First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

February 20: NFL Regional Combines, Arizona Cardinals Training Facility, Phoenix, Arizona.

February 23-29: NFL Scouting Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana.

February 27: NFL Regional Combines, Baltimore Ravens Under Armour Performance Center, Owings Mills, Maryland.

March 1: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never understand these guys, they have the opportunity of a lifetime and squander it for the stupidest things.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I assumed a high end night club .. a TRULY High end club that is, would provide off duty cops for you to beat up without fear of charges being filed. Sounds like he needs to up his game.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My takeaway from that is, what kind of a shitty ass posse does he run with, that even lets him get into that. I mean shit, he is your meal ticket, he is the only reason you are drinking that fancy stuff in the first place, he is the reason you were even allowed in the door.

If I am in that posse, I am grabbing his ass the minute I even suspect a punch might get thrown and dragging him out of there.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Maybe because of all the shit Cris Carter took last year for saying every posse needs a fall guy, he decided not to do it.

Or maybe his designated fall guy was already in jail and the backup got cold feet.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Wonder what kind of contract Forte can get. RBs aren't exactly a hot ticket position anymore.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He'd be a perfect fit for Haley's offense as it relies on RBs with hands, would be a nice way to split up carries and not run Bell into early retirement esp given his injury status. He's said he wants to win a SB more than anything, so I'd guess he goes to some winning team at a discount.

Could see interest from a bunch of teams, in no particular order: Pittsburgh, Cincy (Bernard too small, and Forte doesnt fumble much like youknowwho), NE, Dallas, Seattle, bunch of teams that could use him.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I'm sure some people in Dallas would want Jerry to go after him, he's been a pretty solid producer even in down years, but they already have McFadden to fill the veteran role. That said, I'm sure if the price is right it's not out of the question. Last year proved McFadden can produce, so Forte wouldn't be expected to carry the entire load. That might appeal to him since he's over 30 and might not have many opportunities left.