NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I could see forte to NE pretty easily. Him and Lewis would cause all sorts of trouble out of the backfield

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm sure some people in Dallas would want Jerry to go after him, he's been a pretty solid producer even in down years, but they already have McFadden to fill the veteran role. That said, I'm sure if the price is right it's not out of the question. Last year proved McFadden can produce, so Forte wouldn't be expected to carry the entire load. That might appeal to him since he's over 30 and might not have many opportunities left.
Dallas would definitely do it, but only if the price was right. Mcfadden was one of the most productive runners during the end of last year so I don't see them spending a lot of money on a RB.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya Moon thats my thinking with him, at his age he is best suited to probably split the load with another older guy who cant take 3-400 carries.

I think he makes a lot of sense in Green Bay too, that offense would be scary with him on those swing routes..... and not to mention Lacy between concussions and dat china food isnt in great standing right now either. Would be a nice fuck you to Chicago as well

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
If Denver had the money, I would like to see him in their backfield. But with everyone that needs to be re-signed, I don't see that happening.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Wrong side of 30. I would not be surprised at all if he had another good year left, but always better to be done with a player a year too soon than a year too late.

Good move by Chicago, I would not want Forte on my team on anything more than a cheap 1 year deal.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is going to sound incredibly sexist, but that's what happens when women are introduced into male dominated areas. Especially ones that still have a "good ole boys club" history. The military and sports are two areas where shit like that is just normal life.

But you introduce a woman into it and she'll take offense to just about everything. You can see that in the story when the doctor in her very first year enacts a bunch of new policies to try and change the culture.

It's why the military is having such a hard time controlling all the sexual harassment and assault going on in the last 20 years.

I sympathize with her if the story is true, but at the same time, it's just what happens in that kind of environment. I imagine there will always be homophobic and sexist comments in athletic locker rooms as long as sports are segregated.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not to drag gamergate/riot thread whatever into the thread, but the author is Shaun King. The white guy who is pretending to be black. I'd take any article he writes regarding coverups/race/privilege with a -huge- grain of salt.

Even with that said, expecting an entire climate to change overnight, in fucking -Tennessee- of all places, is hilarious.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
This is going to sound incredibly sexist, but that's what happens when women are introduced into male dominated areas. Especially ones that still have a "good ole boys club" history. The military and sports are two areas where shit like that is just normal life.

But you introduce a woman into it and she'll take offense to just about everything. You can see that in the story when the doctor in her very first year enacts a bunch of new policies to try and change the culture.

It's why the military is having such a hard time controlling all the sexual harassment and assault going on in the last 20 years.

I sympathize with her if the story is true, but at the same time, it's just what happens in that kind of environment. I imagine there will always be homophobic and sexist comments in athletic locker rooms as long as sports are segregated.
When I was a teenager people would do shit like this all the time. If you were doing situps and not paying attention they would drop trow and fart in your face and shit like that. It's just idiots being idiots and who cares? But apparently now its rape.

Lets just never have any type of fun forever now. 18 Year old kids are now supposed to be 100% professional and serious at all times.

Fucking america man.

His tea bagging or whatever it actually is could be a kids will be kids sort of thing. The problem I have is the extent he went to continue screwing with this person after the issue was settled. Its almost like he couldn't let it go that someone would ever throw a wrench in to Vol King Manning's little world.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It seems like this is gaining some traction now? I saw ESPN running a story on it today while I was at the gym.

I'm thinking SJW's may win this one. Manning may regret winning this Super Bowl. Or maybe not, he's fucking loaded. I feel like legacy means a lot to him though.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When I was a teenager people would do shit like this all the time. If you were doing situps and not paying attention they would drop trow and fart in your face and shit like that. It's just idiots being idiots and who cares? But apparently now its rape.

Lets just never have any type of fun forever now. 18 Year old kids are now supposed to be 100% professional and serious at all times.

Fucking america man.
Uh, yeah that's locker room culture, but putting your cock and balls on a female team doctor's face while she's doing an exam? That's crude, disrespectful and vulgar to say they least and I don't blame people for calling it a form of sexual assault either. Plus it doesn't jibe too well with the good old aw shucks American as apple pie Manning thing.

It seems like this is gaining some traction now? I saw ESPN running a story on it today while I was at the gym.
But yeah, its everywhere right now, but I really don't see it hurting him too much. Maybe if he was still playing or there was some fresh set of recent allegations, but this will likely fade away.