NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting Ladarius Green should be a nice boon to this offense. Heath had def lost a step and this frees us up to go cb/safety in some combination in rds 1/2. My choice

Eli Apple rd 1
Karl Joseph rd 2

Wouldnt be upset/surprised if William Jackson III was the pick and it fits steelers m.o. on what they like as ideal corners. I really cant see them going any other direction this draft esp when Rooney was publicly vocal about the secondary being bad.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
With Brock gone, wonder if Lynch is Denver's obvious pick now at 31. Wouldn't hate the Cowboys taking him at 35, but then again there is going to be some type of first round DL/WR talent sitting at 35 still.

Pac-Man back with the Bengals, 3yr $20million.

Also those Giants pickups are big, but those are going to be some fucking awful contracts in 2 or 3 years.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
With Brock gone, wonder if Lynch is Denver's obvious pick now at 31. Wouldn't hate the Cowboys taking him at 35, but then again there is going to be some type of first round DL/WR talent sitting at 35 still.

Pac-Man back with the Bengals, 3yr $20million.

Also those Giants pickups are big, but those are going to be some fucking awful contracts in 2 or 3 years.
JPP, Harrison, Hankins, Oliver the NYG projected DLine combined had 9 sacks last year or half a finger more than JPP has.

moontayle

Golden Squire
So I would say Oliver won FA. Combined with Jenkins it's clear the NYG are the FA winners.

That Jenkins contract is worse than what Dallas paid Carr.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah idk wtf Jerry Reese is doing. The cap should raise in the next few years is the only thing I can think of.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah idk wtf Jerry Reese is doing. The cap should raise in the next few years is the only thing I can think of.
He's kind of on the hot seat I'd imagine. Still weird to toss a shitload of money on the DL when it's a deep draft at those positions.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Raiders sign Sean Smith, $40 million for 4 years.

Some pretty solid signings for the Raiders so far.

moontayle

Golden Squire
He is. But we still have the worst linebacker core in the league.
And, oh look, three division teams with offensive players who are great in the middle of the field. Well, I assume the Eagles will be. Pedoson is from the Andy Reid school of offense.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I ponied up the money to be part of this:

Minnesota Vikings | New Stadium Bricks
I did this a couple months ago. Got the big one with the Vikings logo, then "A Norse Legacy:" with my name, my dad's name, and my brother's name on it. Then I sent them each a replica as their late Christmas presents. It got expensive, but I don't get people presents every year, so I usually try to make what I get meaningful.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
And, oh look, three division teams with offensive players who are great in the middle of the field. Well, I assume the Eagles will be. Pedoson is from the Andy Reid school of offense.
You'll notice the Giants often don't lose from outside receivers, we get our shit pushed in by backs and TEs. Typically at least, we pretty much got our shit pushed in by everyone everywhere this year.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
As a redskins fan I would be happy if the broncos brought in RGIII and Alfred Morris for a reunion. I could quietly cheer for them on an AFC team that we wont play for a while. I would be happy to watch RGIII play great , but it would be equally fun to watch him implode a SB winning team. win/win for me. get it done broncos!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Browns probably go QB and it's a tossup between Wentz and Goff on which career is going to get ruined. After that, assuming Dallas doesn't snag one of them, you've really only got Jacksonville and San Francisco as maybes in snagging one as well. If a QB falls to you, and he's the best player on the board, you take it. If you don't need or want a QB, you find someone who does. Given how fragile Bradford has been in his career, Philly might be better of snagging one.

I think Dallas passes on a QB in the first. You can agree or disagree with whether or not Romo is going to be around to see the end of his contract, but if you draft at 4 you get a guy who can step in right away. Save the redshirts for late 1st and beyond.
Catching up to this thread and really don't understand why Jacksonville would draft a QB. Why would they move on from Blake Bortles? He isn't without flaws but I think he clearly has promise and he's only been in the league two years.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I would say Oliver won FA. Combined with Jenkins it's clear the NYG are the FA winners.

That Jenkins contract is worse than what Dallas paid Carr.
Oliver twist?

You automatically default to a loss when you pay an unproven DE that has been inconsistent at best the same amount of money JJ Watt makes.

He's a good DE but he's completely one dimensional. He sucks at defending against the run and has trouble with options/sweeps. He almost never was asked to perform stunts or make inside moves. He has almost never been the focus of offensive lines when it comes to blocking. I hope he does well for the Giants, but just no with that contract.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Catching up to this thread and really don't understand why Jacksonville would draft a QB. Why would they move on from Blake Bortles? He isn't without flaws but I think he clearly has promise and he's only been in the league two years.
Think he's got a shot to put up some big numbers this year too. Who knows if their D will be any better to let them have a shot at getting to .500 or so, but Bortles and that offense will put up some points.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
32.5m/5yr 14m guaranteed. Sanu is good but he's a #3. No way he's worth that much money. He's usually good for like 1-2 plays a game and normally off some gadget shit.