NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unless they draft a legit QB.. Then it's oh fuck we gotta play the Eagles. I hate doing stuff like this b/c it is a huge gamble, but these so called professional scouts and GM/coaches think this guy is the real deal. If he turns out to be the real deal, there is no arguing if this deal was worth it. Getting a franchise QB means everything in the NFL and they obviously valued that over the positional players that would have fell to them.
Well sure, but odds are heavily in favor of him not being top 5 elite. You are drafting a project Qb that will have nothing around him nor have an ability to even start meaningfully surrounding him with talent for two years.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nothing? I don't even know how you can say that lol. Reality is, we don't know wtf we have bc chip was awful. Jordan Matthews and Agalar could turn out to be great WRs. Agalar needs to work on his route running. He was pretty bad as a rookie. Ertz is a stud and Ryan Matthews was really good last year. We brought in some good free agents on offense and D. I don't know how our Oline will play out but Doug Petterson comes from a system that develops really good Oline play. Not that I'm even sure whoever we draft plays their first year anyway.

Also, look for us to trade one of our other QB's to get a pick or 2.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Well sure, but odds are heavily in favor of him not being top 5 elite. You are drafting a project Qb that will have nothing around him nor have an ability to even start meaningfully surrounding him with talent for two years.
Hackenberg will have a better career than Wentz and I don't even know where Hackenberg will land.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Which is why it's a smart move now. They have Bradford for two years and control the pick for 5 (4+option). As long as Bradford's knees don't give up the ghost, that's two years to get acclimated without getting killed. I hate to say it but it's a smart move by Philly.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Which is why it's a smart move now. They have Bradford for two years and control the pick for 5 (4+option). As long as Bradford's knees don't give up the ghost, that's two years to get acclimated without getting killed. I hate to say it but it's a smart move by Philly.
Finally, a cowboys fan who gets it!.. Seriously tho, I don't expect the majority of the cowboy fans here to be rational in the least about this. Why would they want to see us draft a possible Franchise QB? Romo is a season ending injury away from the Cowboys having to make a similar deal next year.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Do we really think a QB picked #2 in the draft will sit for 2 years? Serious question because I don't keep up with other teams well enough to know this answer, but when was the last time a QB picked in the top 5 sat for 2 years? 1 year?

Edit: a QB who wasn' a bust from day 1 that is. JFF might fit the description but he sat because he was a bust not because they were developing him.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Do we really think a QB picked #2 in the draft will sit for 2 years? Serious question because I don't keep up with other teams well enough to know this answer, but when was the last time a QB picked in the top 5 sat for 2 years? 1 year?

Edit: a QB who wasn' a bust from day 1 that is. JFF might fit the description but he sat because he was a bust not because they were developing him.
RG3? Oh, you mean to start their career...
I think Eli sat for 1 year behind Warner.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eagles plan to be competitive next year with Bradford. I think that's why they were ok giving up next years first. It could be a middle of the pack pick. It would also up Bradfords value allowing us to trade him to get back a pick or 2 next year. We've drafted in the top 5 like 3x in the last l30 years. I think they saw an opportunity to think longterm and they pounced on it.

Not to mention Bradford being 28 and injury risk.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Eagles plan to be competitive next year with Bradford. I think that's why they were ok giving up next years first. It could be a middle of the pack pick. It would also up Bradfords value allowing us to trade him to get back a pick or 2 next year. We've drafted in the top 5 like 3x in the last l30 years. I think they saw an opportunity to think longterm and they pounced on it.

Not to mention Bradford being 28 and injury risk.
I understand the need to get the Chip Kelly kool-aid taste out of your mouth, I suggest water not Pederson kool-aid.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I understand the need to get the Chip Kelly kool-aid taste out of your mouth, I suggest water not Pederson kool-aid.
The Eagles are an 8-8/9-7 team with the current roster..

For the record.. I wanted Gase..

But, coaches who have worked under Andy Reid have done well for themselves.