NFL 2016 Offseason Thread - Fins' Quest to Defend Their Crown

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He doesn't have the highest cap hit, he's seventh at the moment, which is all that matters in that context. He's costing a couple mil more than Cousins. That's the QB market in the NFL. Eli, Ben, Ryan, Megatron, Suh and king Brees all eating more of their teams' cap space.

man driving without a license is a pretty rough felony to catch if youre not doing it maliciously. i imagine there are a million people just trying to commute to work without a valid license

clearly suggs wasnt a 9-5'er on the way to work. still a tough "felony"

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
people made about the Bradford deal but I'm ok with it. 2 years isn't a bad deal. We just need to beef up the Oline, improve the D and hope to have a conservative approach and win games on defense.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
man driving without a license is a pretty rough felony to catch if youre not doing it maliciously. i imagine there are a million people just trying to commute to work without a valid license

clearly suggs wasnt a 9-5'er on the way to work. still a tough "felony"
Do you try to be this fucking stupid or does it come naturally?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
people made about the Bradford deal but I'm ok with it. 2 years isn't a bad deal. We just need to beef up the Oline, improve the D and hope to have a conservative approach and win games on defense.
Yeah just improve the offensive line, defensive line, Secondary, WRs, QB, and maybe an RB and Eagles got a solid team

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He doesn't have the highest cap hit, he's seventh at the moment, which is all that matters in that context. He's costing a couple mil more than Cousins. That's the QB market in the NFL. Eli, Ben, Ryan, Megatron, Suh and king Brees all eating more of their teams' cap space.
Cousins got a franchise tag, it's not a long term deal. Cousins didn't get the highest signing bonus in NFL history either.

Still shocked Flacco only saved them $6 million this year. Wasn't his cap number going to be like $28.5M?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still shocked Flacco only saved them $6 million this year. Wasn't his cap number going to be like $28.5M?
Yes. =/

And I don't give a fuck about his signing bonus, who cares? All that matters for fans is the cap hit. Which they lowered (knowing that this year would be where it got to that unmanageable level) and flattened out the cap hit for the rest of the extension. Even though the savings are minimal this year, they are better going forward.

The nice thing for Ravens fans is it seems that Oz is finally learning not to let these contracts fuck him too much on the back end. After 2019 we can easily move on from Flacco if need be, and we could stomach doing so sooner now, though it wouldn't be ideal. He fixed Suggs' monster contract too, this year we are stuck with him crossing our fingers for his health, but next year can drop him without fucking ourselves.

The way he/they structured Ngata and Rice (and Webb kinda too but at least he's playing) really fucked us in the ass more than Flacco ever has. Rice was largely because we got forced to cut him under the worst possible circumstances though.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes. =/

And I don't give a fuck about his signing bonus, who cares? All that matters for fans is the cap hit. Which they lowered (knowing that this year would be where it got to that unmanageable level) and flattened it out the cap hit for the rest of the extension. Even though the savings are minimal this year, they are better going forward.

The nice thing for Ravens fans is it seems that Oz is finally learning not to let these contracts fuck him too much on the back end. After 2019 we can easily move on from Flacco if need be, and we could stomach doing so sooner now, though it wouldn't be ideal. He fixed Suggs' monster contract too, this year we are stuck with him crossing our fingers for his health, but next year can drop him without fucking ourselves.

The way he/they structured Ngata and Rice (and Webb kinda too but at least he's playing) really fucked us in the ass more than Flacco ever has. Rice was largely because we got forced to cut him under the worst possible circumstances though.
Getting another good pass rusher early in the draft would help hedge on the health concerns with Suggs.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We need to get passrushers for sure, Dumervil isn't going to last forever either. I'm sure its a huge position of need for the front office right now.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
dLrzEIi.png

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pederson's job might end up being tied to Sam's production. He's not the best option but he's prob the best option we have at this time. We need to draft some Oline and I'd love if they came out with Will Fuller to give us some crazy speed at WR. Plus he played more games than Romo this year!

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Plus he played more games than Romo this year!
I think it's funny that Luck has just started 2 less games than Bradford in two less years. You know, the same Luck that missed most of last year.