NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
This win was a lot easier than I expected. Plenty to be happy about: defense, kicking game, running game. Brissett didn't really have to show much, but he kept his cool.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Managed the game. Good win....OK unless the team goes wacked, pats will be 4-0 when Brady comes back vs Cleveland.

Zzen

Potato del Grande
Looks like the AFC South has all but wrapped up the Dumpster Fire Division of the Year title already. After tonight the best point differential in the division is the Titans at -8.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
This was Belichick's master plan all along. Show the rest of the NFL that Brissett can play and now the Browns will trade a couple of 1st rounders for him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I just noticed the Dolphins are an 0-2 dumpster fire and they're 10 point favorites vs Cleveland this weekend

Miami lost at Seattle by 2 points, and lost at New England by 7 points. Seattle and NE are a combined 51-6 at home going back to the 2013 season.

Just to put it in perspective, Miami scored 24 points and 457 yards of offense on the same Patriots team that just shut out Houston tonight.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
They aren't going 19-0 but they are the best team in football. I still don't understand how belichick does it. 3d string QB, obvious running, game manager type game...and they still beat that ass. Houston couldn't even get their shitty game manager to drive for a simple FG. AFCS at the bottom again indeed.

• 1Cutler

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
They aren't going 19-0 but they are the best team in football. I still don't understand how belichick does it. 3d string QB, obvious running, game manager type game...and they still beat that ass. Houston couldn't even get their shitty game manager to drive for a simple FG. AFCS at the bottom again indeed.

Bill Belichick is that guy that shows up to Magic: The Gathering tournaments with his own custom made anti-meta decks. Everyone else isn't dumb, but they aren't smart enough to look at the card lists and put all the pieces together themselves, so they choose popular net decks and play them well.

The simplest answer is that he adapts, finds versatile players, and develops all the fundamentals. If the players understand the fundamental concepts, you can have them practice and memorize a custom game plan for each opponent with the few days you have to prepare. Belichick is going to take away your strongest pieces, and if your coach didn't gameplan for that, you're going to get screwed. The receivers catch everything and are usually wide open for YAC; his coverage guys limit YAC with good tackling, and get their hands in to knock the ball out before a receiver can get possession. They rarely get beat deep.

Also deflated footballs, taping your opponents' practices, and "misinterpreting the rules." Duh.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Miami lost at Seattle by 2 points, and lost at New England by 7 points. Seattle and NE are a combined 51-6 at home going back to the 2013 season.

Just to put it in perspective, Miami scored 24 points and 457 yards of offense on the same Patriots team that just shut out Houston tonight.

Yeah...but just to put it in perspective...

Miami put up 10 points against Seattle, and against the Pats it was 24-3 at halftime, and 31-10 after the 3rd quarter. Miami's 1st half drives against New England (when it was still sort of a game):

3 plays, 8 yards (Punt)
3 plays, 9 yards (Punt)
3 plays, 5 yards (Punt)
4 plays, 6 yards (Punt)
2 plays, 6 yards (Fumble)
4 plays, 29 yards (Interception)
And finally, a 9 play, 77 yard drive in the 2 minute drill that managed a Field Goal to end the half.

Selling on them as some diamond in the rough 0-2 team.

That said, they're playing Cleveland, so of course they're 10 point favorites at home.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Good riddance. We have too many of those bandwagon, projecting faggots. Azeth was king of that mountain though. The creme de la creme of shit.

Yeah cause every fan of the Patriots is a "bandwagon, projecting faggot"... You mad because your team is and has always been shit (I say this without knowing who your team is)? If your team isn't and hasn't always been shit, then do I get to call you a bandwagon faggot cocksucker too?

• 3Cutler
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How did Osweiler do? I'm not convinced he's a starting caliber QB. And I feel like the first couple weeks of the season can mask new QB flaws.

Cathan

Silver Knight of the Realm
Question: How much longer does Belichick stay on? He's 64 now, has a bajillion Superbowls not as HC and now 4 as HC. The dude is the best ever. I can't even fault him for all these supposed cheating scandals because I don't buy into deflating balls as some huge deal, not after all I heard about other teams adjusting balls to their QBs likes also. Al Davis said if you're not cheating you're not trying.

Anyway, he's old. How much longer is he really going to coach? I've wondered if he'll retire when Brady does or within a year of Brady retiring. I'll be glad when he does. I can't wait to see the Pats go to dogshit and I hope Uber posts here every god damn day how much he misses Brady and Belichick. I hope the Pats are the next Lions/Browns.

• 1Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quite a statement game. The statement,of course, is that Tom Brady has always been just another system QB.

Looking forward to another Ravens Pats AFCC game in Foxboro...

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 4 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Quite a statement game. The statement,of course, is that Tom Brady has always been just another system QB.

Looking forward to another Ravens Pats AFCC game in Foxboro...

Yeah because the Pats won that game because of the passing game. ESPN has so many people brainwashed with this giving QBs all the credit crap