NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Stafford lets his baseball experience show too much when he's under pressure (if that makes sense). starts trying to pull off throws that look more like someone trying to get a double play than someone throwing a football pass.

he did make the nice sidearm delivery in the 1st half on a 3rd down that led to an eventual TD. Still...2nd and 31 isn't the time to start fucking around.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
don't get me wrong, for the most part his baseball experience has been a huge help to his QB game. they have built the offensive playbook around it in a lot of ways. but there are times where he's under pressure and his short pass baseball instincts taking over bites him in the ass. that was a great example of it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Romo's 2 best AFC choices are Denver and Houston. AFC West is tough, but Denver has the defense to contend with a good QB. AFC South is garbage and he should win it handily if he went to Houston.

That would make me laugh so hard. I know too many texan's fans who have done nothing but trash tony romo. If he was traded there, they would eventually turn on him again, but the short time when they were all aboard the romo hype train would be so so so sweet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Would be amusing for a Romo led team to eliminate the Cowboys from the playoffs.

moontayle

Golden Squire

Fair enough. I don't buy "post season experience" all that much though. Sure as shit hasn't helped KC or the Bengals in recent years. Certainly didn't do much for the Eagles back in the early 00s, though they did make at least one Super Bowl. At some point you just kind of have to win and the only indication anyone has year-to-year on how a team might perform in the playoffs is the regular season. Previous success means nothing. Just ask the Panthers. Or the Broncos.

And if you're talking about the postseason "environment", keep in mind that both Dak and Zeke didn't exactly come from scrub colleges like North Dakota State. Zeke was in the CFP Championship game in 2014, which might as well be labeled "Super Bowl Lite". Dak came from the SEC. Both of them have been in big games before, and even though the NFL is different on the field, the ceremony surrounding said big games isn't all that different until you get to the Super Bowl. I think they'll be fine. Plus, the coaching staff was here two years ago so they know how to get the players ready.

At any rate, no one will know until three weeks from now whether or not Dallas is there yet. But it would be a mistake to discount what they've done to get to this point so far.

Merrith

Fair enough. I don't buy "post season experience" all that much though. Sure as shit hasn't helped KC or the Bengals in recent years. Certainly didn't do much for the Eagles back in the early 00s, though they did make at least one Super Bowl. At some point you just kind of have to win and the only indication anyone has year-to-year on how a team might perform in the playoffs is the regular season. Previous success means nothing. Just ask the Panthers. Or the Broncos.

And if you're talking about the postseason "environment", keep in mind that both Dak and Zeke didn't exactly come from scrub colleges like North Dakota State. Zeke was in the CFP Championship game in 2014, which might as well be labeled "Super Bowl Lite". Dak came from the SEC. Both of them have been in big games before, and even though the NFL is different on the field, the ceremony surrounding said big games isn't all that different until you get to the Super Bowl. I think they'll be fine. Plus, the coaching staff was here two years ago so they know how to get the players ready.

At any rate, no one will know until three weeks from now whether or not Dallas is there yet. But it would be a mistake to discount what they've done to get to this point so far.

No one is discounting it Moon. You get your undies in a bunch if someone says anything other than Dallas is the proclaimed favorite going in. They are one of the favorites, but not some lock solid you can pen them in. You don't buy experience, and overlook KC...not realizing that the ONLY thing they have going for them on offense once the playoffs comes is Alex Smith's experience. It did plenty for the Eagles in that they were finally able to make it to the Super Bowl. It sure helped the Cardinals out when Kurt Warner's experience was able to lead them within a couple minutes of the Super Bowl. It has helped the Seahawks out the last couple of years as they became a playoff hardened team. You think it's not going to help Aaron Rodgers if Green Bay gets in?

It's one thing to say you don't think you need playoff experience to be successful, it's quite another to claim you don't buy into it being a factor at all. Just look at Joe Flacco's first couple playoff years, then look at his last couple. Tell me you don't see a progression there.

Previous success can mean nothing. Plenty of #1 seeds haven't gone to the Super Bowl because they weren't ready for the playoffs. It's not just a next season thing. The Cowboys will have their shot, but it's not crazy to point out some holes in the armor of late, or noting their lack of playoff experience.

Merrith

Another weirdness, GB/Detroit could just kneel on the ball for 5 quarters and both get in, but there's still a scenario out there where Detroit can get the #2 seed I believe and the bye that comes with it. Of course, being the night game, they would know what seeding they would get with a win anyways.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yeah detroit can end up anywhere from the 2nd to the 7th seed depending on how Sunday goes.

of course we're playing the season down to the wire at a meta level even. weird year.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Try to remember that the OL has playoff experience, all of them. Dez, Witten, Williams, Beasley do as well. The only difference in personnel on offense from the 2014 team is Dak and Zeke.

Carr, Claiborne, Church, Scandrick, Wilcox, Heath, Durant, T. Crawford, Lawrence, Wilber, Hitchens all have playoff experience with the Cowboys in 2014. Collins, Brown, Mayowa, Irving, J. Crawford, and Lee have no playoff experience. Thornton has playoff experience with the Eagles, T. McClain I'm not sure how much he played in the playoffs in 2014 because he was always injured off and on.

2016 Cowboys has a roster exploding with players who have won in the playoffs, minus the rookies who are shaping up to be the best draft class in Cowboys history.

Merrith

Try to remember that the OL has playoff experience, all of them. Dez, Witten, Williams, Beasley do as well. The only difference in personnel on offense from the 2014 team is Dak and Zeke.

Carr, Claiborne, Church, Scandrick, Wilcox, Heath, Durant, T. Crawford, Lawrence, Wilber, Hitchens all have playoff experience with the Cowboys in 2014. Collins, Brown, Mayowa, Irving, J. Crawford, and Lee have no playoff experience. Thornton has playoff experience with the Eagles, T. McClain I'm not sure how much he played in the playoffs in 2014 because he was always injured off and on.

2016 Cowboys has a roster exploding with players who have won in the playoffs, minus the rookies who are shaping up to be the best draft class in Cowboys history.

This isn't a bad point. But even most of these guys have a lot less playoff experience than the Seahawks or the Pats. Hell, Dak/Zeke could be helped by NOT knowing. Historically it's just tough to go right in as a rookie and expect tons of success.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Looks like part of my Bills prediction is already wrong. They're keeping Whaley, though God only knows why. I guess Rex was an owner hire, so they probably want to give him a chance of "ride or die" with his own guy. I still don't see it though, he's been bad in the draft, which is the best way to build a team. He struck lightning with the McCoy deal but it's very rare to get gifted a superstar player like him.

I still think they make a play for Romo, regardless of who ends up as coach. Of all the available QBs he's the one most likely to bring success and Buffalo has the run game to make sure he doesn't have to do it all himself. Otherwise they really have to try and sell being mediocre to bad for a few more years as they try and find a QB worth a damn.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think Taylor has done reasonably well considering he's been sacked 42 times this year. Pretty sure he leads the league in getting sacked. That Oline is garbage. Romo would die there.