NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
they would still be playing for home-field advantage and potentially even a first round bye depending on how things go with everyone else's games.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Washington wins, SNF results in 5 quarters of kneeling the ball and punting 0-0 tie. Can the league punish them? Should they punish them and if so how?

This would never happen. Lions haven't won a game outdoors all year, but they're going to give up home field and division crown to the Packers? I think not.

moontayle

Golden Squire
NFC I still think Cowboys will have to prove to people they can win the big games.
WTF bro? Normally you're pretty reasonable but this is... I don't know what this comment is. So being 13-2 and beating 3 current playoff teams (Lions, Packers, Steelers) isn't proving they can win big games? Their two losses being by a grand total of 4 pts is somehow not good enough to say, "Maybe they can hang." 7 of their wins being against teams with a (current) winning record doesn't mean anything at all?

Winning is hard in the NFL. Not every game is a gimme, just ask San Diego. To pull off 13 wins with a rookie QB, have locked up the #1 seed before they even took the field last night, that's some impressive shit no matter how you look at it.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is true. It's also infuriating.

From my perspective at least.

At least it's not the fucking Eagles though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
WTF bro? Normally you're pretty reasonable but this is... I don't know what this comment is. So being 13-2 and beating 3 current playoff teams (Lions, Packers, Steelers) isn't proving they can win big games? Their two losses being by a grand total of 4 pts is somehow not good enough to say, "Maybe they can hang." 7 of their wins being against teams with a (current) winning record doesn't mean anything at all?

Winning is hard in the NFL. Not every game is a gimme, just ask San Diego. To pull off 13 wins with a rookie QB, have locked up the #1 seed before they even took the field last night, that's some impressive shit no matter how you look at it.

Are you new here? The stakes and situations are irrelevant. It's only a "big game" if the Cowboys lose

• 1Like

moontayle

Golden Squire
This is true. It's also infuriating.

From my perspective at least.

At least it's not the fucking Eagles though.
Throwing you a solidarity on this. I hope Dallas drops 42 on them next week too.

The win in Pitt is about a big of a win as you can have during a regular season.
Containing Bell in and of itself was pretty huge. One of the few teams that didn't let him run all over them.

I know people have questions about the Dallas defense, and early last night was a gut check in that regard, but damn did they clean things up and take it to the Lions down the stretch. And that was with them being out 3 linemen before the game and losing 2 in the game.

Edit: Dallas punter laying a dude out.

americaspunter.0.gif

Last edited:

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
only thing that worries me about dallas is, playoffs are more intense- sure they won games regular season, but lets see how they do their first game in the playoffs before crowning them, they looked...suspect last night at times defensively, and a team with the correct game plan could fuck em---hell look at the Giants, giants beat dallas twice..giants are the fifth seed are either playing packers or detroit, if they win(giants)- and seattle wins their game,,,then giants go to Dallas....not saying giants will win 3 in a row vs dallas but, you never know.

hard for me to pick who the nfc champ is going to be....imo either dallas OR the giants.

afc- Pats have looked good, other than them, dolphins, pitt, chiefs oakland have look good, but with carr being out with oakland, and the chiefs,,,well being the chiefs (the KINGS of ONE AND DONE IN THE PLAYOFFS) my guess is either pitt or miami making the afc championship vs the patriots, with the Patriots going to the superbowl, yes, i am a Pats homer, always have been (since the early 1970's) always will be.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Rex Ryan needs to just get the hell out of the sport. Dude is a cancer with any team he goes too.

moontayle

Golden Squire
only thing that worries me about dallas is, playoffs are more intense- sure they won games regular season, but lets see how they do their first game in the playoffs before crowning them, they looked...suspect last night at times defensively, and a team with the correct game plan could fuck em---hell look at the Giants, giants beat dallas twice..giants are the fifth seed are either playing packers or detroit, if they win(giants)- and seattle wins their game,,,then giants go to Dallas....not saying giants will win 3 in a row vs dallas but, you never know.
Are playoff games more intense than, say, divisional games? How about against teams fighting for their playoff lives (Minnesota, Tampa, Detroit)? Currently Dallas has 7 wins against teams with a winning record. 2 more than any other team in the league. Their 2 losses were by a combined 4 points. They've beaten several teams that are or were playoff teams at one point after week 10.

People keep moving the goalposts on judging this team. Every week it's, "Yeah, but..."

And I get the defensive questions. But at the end of the night, with 5 defensive linemen out with injury (3 before, 2 during), playing without one of their best corners, they held serve and didn't allow them to score the entire second half. This defense is much better than people have been giving them credit for overall. They're never going to be a completely shutdown unit, that's never been Marinelli's style, but they'll keep the game close when they need to, and for the most part that's all this offense needs.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Are playoff games only more intense for the Cowboys, and not for all the other teams? Because that argument doesn't really make any sense.

• 1Like

moontayle

Golden Squire
Calling it now:

Will McClay gets GM position in Buffalo after Jerry Jones convinces him that the Pegulas will give him free reign. He'll hire Scott Linehan as HC to take over what is already a decent offensive unit, QB notwithstanding. He and McClay will trade for Romo in a deal friendly to both teams, maybe a 2017 second, 2018 third that's conditional to a 1st if they make Super Bowl or something in that time frame. Matt Eberflus (Dallas LB coach) will get hired as DC.

I think they can get 2 years out of Romo, and he can help them find or groom a replacement. They have a good run game up here, so he helps fix the passing game and puts them in a position to win through offense. Eberflus can help fix the defense by simplifying everything in the same way that Marinelli has in Dallas.

• 1Like