NFL 2016 - <whatever Tony is doing>

moontayle

Golden Squire
Not happy with the outcome, obviously, but I think it was a good game. Not getting the run game going was a killer, can't have anyone throwing 45 times in a game and hope to win, let alone a rookie. Giants came prepared to sell out to the run and make Dak beat them. He almost had a chance if Williams doesn't go full retard with a clear path to the sideline. I thought the defense was pretty decent overall until near the end when the Giants run game started breaking off big gains to eat up clock.

Division games are always pretty tight, especially lately between the Giants and the Cowboys. Teams don't meet again until December so by then we'll know what's really on the line.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Jeez. Just woke up after a long day of binge drinking. Dallas game was closer than expected. I think I made a bet on here today about chip being fired. I still beleive that will happen unless he's actually gotten over himself and learned to coach in the NFL... Unlikely? Wentz looked good vrs a really bad Browns team. Still think we 5-11 but we could pull out another win next week. A lot of people have eagles at 9-7 here. I don't see it. We need to play much better overall for that.
That was me you made a bet with. You said Chip wouldn't make it past 8 games with the 49ers before he is fired. 1 month avatar bet.

It will be somewhere in the Shoutbox dump if we need to go and find it. Gonna ask @Mario Speedwagon to witness it. Should I go track down the conversation, Mario?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Here it is.

Sep 11, 2016 at 5:20 PM -
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:21 PM - Convo Convo : I bet he's fired this year
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:21 PM - Ameraves Ameraves : You going to stick to that 8 games?
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:21 PM - Ameraves Ameraves : Clarify this year
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:22 PM - Ameraves Ameraves : Cause first you said 8 games
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:22 PM - Convo Convo : That's fine
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:22 PM - Convo Convo : I'm a man of my word
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:22 PM - Convo Convo : 30
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:22 PM - Ameraves Ameraves : Okay, so if he is still here after 8 games, I pick an avatar for you for a month?
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:22 PM - Convo Convo : Days avatar bet
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:23 PM - Ameraves Ameraves : Or the rest of the season?
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:23 PM - Convo Convo : Yep
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:23 PM - Ameraves Ameraves : Okay, 30 days is fine
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:23 PM - Ameraves Ameraves : I need a moderator!
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:23 PM - Convo Convo : Sounds good man
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:23 PM - Ameraves Ameraves : WITNESS

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was me you made a bet with. You said Chip wouldn't make it past 8 games with the 49ers before he is fired. 1 month avatar bet.

It will be somewhere in the Shoutbox dump if we need to go and find it. Gonna ask @Mario Speedwagon to witness it. Should I go track down the conversation, Mario?

Oh that's right lol. Probably not my best bet to make but I'll certainly stand by it.. It's more likely he's one and done. 8 games is a reach but it is Chip and he rubs people the wrong way fast.. I remember you guys saying Jeff Fisher was a worse coach than Chip? Something about Chip just being a bad GM.. Yea, I can't disagree more and that baited me in hardcore to this bet. His GMIng was tied directly to his coaching philosophy which is basically, if you're on the field, you should be able to execute any play called. It's such a flawed way to coach. I got a lot of shit on here(looking at you dallas fans) last year for saying DeMarco Murray is a great running back despite his lack of production on the Eagles. His lack of production was b/c Chip refused to call the correct plays for his skill set. He's not a guy you should be running out of shotgun every down, yet he called shit like that all year. He refused to adjust his play calling based on the personal on the field. He did the same exact thing to the WR's. Chip's coaching weakness were disguised early on b/c he had great players like DJax, McCoy and Maclin. They were versatile enough to do all those things on the field, especially McCoy. Once defenses adjusted to his uptempo style, it went down hill fast. Good coaching is about adapting and he was never able to adjust, that's a big reason he was sent packing. Dude doesn't have what it takes to succeed in the NFL

Last edited:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It started by you saying he is the worst coach in the NFL, and I disagreed. I don't think he is a great coach at all, but I do believe there are worse. Anyway, that is all in the Shoutbox dump for anyone who wants to suffer through the terrible conversation.

Unless the 49ers go 0-16, and Chip burns some serious bridges, there is no way the 49ers fire him after this year. Tomsula was one and done because they actually realized the guy had NO business being a head coach and was in way over his head. If the 49ers turned around and fired another coach after 1 season, it would look terrible on them as well. They know their team is seriously lacking in talent, so they don't expect to win much this year.

Yes, I have heard all the bad information about Chip and how he had terrible communication and could not connect with the players. It is quite possible all that is still true, and I am sure we will find out at some point. I don't think Chip is a great coach, and I don't think he will be with the 49ers for a long stretch. But being fired mid year, or even after 1 year, is nearly impossible right now.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I agree. Expectations couldn't be lower for the 49ers this season. I don't see Chip getting fired unless something really ridiculous happens. I also don't really understand why people think the 49ers will be worse than last year. I'm not expecting much but aside from losing Anquan Boldin I don't see how the team isn't equal or better than last year's team in pretty much every aspect.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
haha, i should go back and read. I was pretty banged up. Who's a worse coach than Chip Kelly in the NFL?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd take John Fox over Chip. I'd take any coach in the NFL over Chip.. This article does a good job of breaking down Chip and his system Chip Kelly and the Vanishing Offense

I love this quote from it.. “We knew what plays were coming,” Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner said after the game. “Their offense is kind of predictable. They have a lot of plays where they can only run one way.”

Another good one! New Eagles regime highlights problems with Chip Kelly's methods

OK, I'm done.. I've made my peace on this topic and I'm confident Chip will do all the work for me.

Ameraves Ameraves I'd also like to have the bet count if Chip quits. I see that as a possibility as well.

Last edited:

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
really liked jimmy G last night vs the Cards. for at least one game he showed he belongs in the game, if he plays like he did last night for the next 3 games, the boy will either be back next year as the pats backup as the "defacto" brady successor OR will get PAID to be the starting QB somewhere else.

i'm not going to say 4-0 for the patriots , but i'll stay with 3-1 with a very good chance at 4-0.

on my game picking prowess - i doubt i will win this week, but i bet i come close- with 2 games remaining before the winner is chosen i am 11-3 and i was decently close at picking the patriots score, i said 28-21 and the final score was 23-21... i lost the colts titans and atlanta games. ..i mean DETROIT?! WINNING?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
haha, i should go back and read. I was pretty banged up. Who's a worse coach than Chip Kelly in the NFL?
As noted above, Jeff Fisher, John Fox, and I am going to even argue Jason Garrett. I think an argument could be made for Mike Mularkey and Mike McCoy as well, but it could be too early to tell for those 2.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Kelly's 3 seasons in Philly were 10-6, 10-6, 7-9 and the Eagles went 4-12 the year before he got there. I'm not saying he's the next Belichick (who had a worse record in his first 3 years in the NFL) but let's not go full retard with this worst coach in the league nonsense.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No surprise, Peter King's MMQB article fellating Garropolo and the pats winning as a bigger upset than Namath over the Colts.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kelly's 3 seasons in Philly were 10-6, 10-6, 7-9 and the Eagles went 4-12 the year before he got there. I'm not saying he's the next Belichick (who had a worse record in his first 3 years in the NFL) but let's not go full retard with this worst coach in the league nonsense.

Like I stated above, or go check out the links i posted that really breaks his success down, I will say that his gimmick offense was an initial success but once figured out by the league, he was unable to adjust. But hey, let's see how he does this season. My prediction is he's too arrogant or not creative enough(probably a little bit of both) to ever be successful in this league again.

But I'm taking avatar bets tonight on this.. I'll take Jeff Fisher and the Rams. Who wants Chip and the 49ers? 1 week avatar bet?

moontayle

Golden Squire
As noted above, Jeff Fisher, John Fox, and I am going to even argue Jason Garrett. I think an argument could be made for Mike Mularkey and Mike McCoy as well, but it could be too early to tell for those 2.

Counter for JG argument.

He took over a 1-7 team and without Romo managed to go 5-3 down the stretch. And even though his next three years the Cowboys were 8-8, they were in the race for the division until the very last game while also working to rebuild and restructure an aging roster. Then there was 2014 where the team went 12-4. That was no fluke and is a direct result of those previous three years. Now, you have to attribute failure along with success so 2015 was also a direct result of not valuing the backup QB position while also failing to replace Murray. Now, the Cowboys were in a lot of games late last year, and the team never quit on Garrett like you see some teams do when they realize it's all over.

It's too early to say what this season is going to look like but I don't think Garrett is a bad coach. In fact, I think he's the right coach for dealing with Jerry until Jerry decides to hand the reigns off to Stephen, and it's largely been Stephen, Will McClay, and Garrett pushing the direction of the team anyway. Beyond that, Garrett subscribes to the same Work Hard mentality that Belichick espouses and people like Peter King deep throat constantly, he just hasn't had the same success or lucky Football God breaks as of yet. And given the way things are looking, at the least Jerry is going to give him until about a year after the Romo-to-Dak (or other successor) handoff before replacing him if things don't go well.

If anything JG is closer to Andy Reid than Fox or Fisher. You know, a serviceable coach who can win games but who just can't quite make that extra step toward more success. That'll keep him employed for a bit longer. I mean, Dallas hasn't won anything significant in over 20 years. The standards are a bit lower than they used to be. We're like the early 90s version of the Steelers.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Kings praise of the pats was not saying bigger upset than namath vs colts, but it was the probably the biggest upset of the week. the patriots were 9.5pt underdogs- missing brady (naturally) missing gronk(hamstring), missing 2 starting tackles....vs the #1 offense last year, and a good defense - and despite 2 turnovers that caused 14pts (both giving the cards fairly short fields)..they still won (granted the guy pulled the kick off the bad snap). yes i am a Pats homer. shoot me.

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I forgot where I saw it (probably before the game yesterday) but Jerry Jones was giving a tour of his new practice facility and he was crowing about the big window in his office looking out to the practice field where he can 'keep an eye' on them. He specifically said he could watch and make sure they're running that play he wants them to run and call down to them if they're not.

Doesn't seem like he's giving up the reigns anytime soon.