NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey look its the Steelers from the playoff game vs KC last year, nice to see you guys in 2017 please stay awhile

KC gets away with a hold right in front of official on Bell......another great week in officiating in the NFL (hi Jets game)

Armin

Peasant
Being down 9 points with 9 yards of offense is actually incredible for KC. This one looks like it should be a total rout.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
TD Chargers.

QkOgiOd.jpg

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol Romo doesnt know what a late hit is, dude wasn't even down and was a runner.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Hey look its the Steelers from the playoff game vs KC last year, nice to see you guys in 2017 please stay awhile

KC gets away with a hold right in front of official on Bell......another great week in officiating in the NFL (hi Jets game)

Shitty rule but it was the correct call in the Jets/Pats game.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider

Yes. He clearly lost possession of the ball which is a fumble. He then never regained possession before he landed out of bounds (the pylon doesn't count in this instance) and therefore by ruling it is a fumble out of the end zone resulting in a touchback. Pretty clear cut unless you're being driven by blind patriots hate here. The rule is bad because its such a massive swing from him fumbling it at the one or at the plane of the end zone but it is the rule and the correct call.

edit: never having regained possession may be the wrong wording. He regained possession in midair but had to make first contact with the ground in bounds which he did not. His first contact was the shoulder landing out of bounds.

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Or they could have payed attention to what the refs actually called it on the field and then went to look this shit up.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
.edit: never having regained possession may be the wrong wording. He regained possession in midair but had to make first contact with the ground in bounds which he did not. His first contact was the shoulder landing out of bounds.

After he crosses the pylon dumbass.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Pylon doesn't count because he was considered to have fumbled and was in midair when he regained possession. At that point the rule considers him more like a receiver in that he has to re-establish himself in bounds which the pylon doesn't do for an airborne player dumb ass.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Or they could have payed attention to what the refs actually called it on the field and then went to look this shit up.

Or the NFL could clean up its rules. It's not like the game is a new phenomenon. Maybe clean up the stupid shit?

I've heard they've lost viewers lately. I wonder if some of that is because of arcane rules like 'what is a catch' and why a ball only has to pass the plane for some and then others need complete control, two somersaults, and a specific team's jersey to get the call? Yeah, my post is ridiculous, just like that call was.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Or the NFL could clean up its rules. It's not like the game is a new phenomenon. Maybe clean up the stupid shit?

I've heard they've lost viewers lately. I wonder if some of that is because of arcane rules like 'what is a catch' and why a ball only has to pass the plane for some and then others need complete control, two somersaults, and a specific team's jersey to get the call? Yeah, my post is ridiculous, just like that call was.

Which I agree with. The rule is stupid and it shouldn't be that way. But the moron squadron is debating whether the correct call was made, and not whether the rule is bad. Same thing happened to RG3 back in 2014, I bet Merrith remembers that one.

• 1Worf