NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
No it’s not, detective. As evidenced by the play in question. No wonder you retards can’t figure out the shooters motive.

• 2Worf
  • 2Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes there can. Illegal contact rules go out the window, but once the ball is airborne PI is still enforced.

Found something that seems to agree with this.

Ask Jerry Markbreit

What is the ruling for illegal contact or pass interference in the case of a flea flicker or similar play? For example, would a linebacker be called for illegal contact or defensive pass interference if, during the initial handoff that starts the play, he makes contact beyond five yards of the line of scrimmage with a receiver, who intends to catch a pass after the ball is tossed back to the quarterback? Considering the speed of today's NFL receivers, it is certainly likely that one could be well downfield as the running portion of the play develops, and the defender would have no way of knowing that the play was, in fact, designed as a pass and that he was interfering with a potential receiver. --Vin Lenza, Staten Island, N.Y.

The illegal contact rule is only in effect when it is obvious that the quarterback is going to pass the football. Whenever he hands off or pitches the ball to another back, this illegal contact rule is off because the play appears to be a running play. When it turns into a pass on your flea flicker, only the pass interference rules remain intact. Once the ball is airborne, the defensive team is restricted from any illegal contact with the intended receiver.

No idea how legit this is, but it makes sense reading it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I’m quite positive I’ve never been wrong. Anyone arguing this need only watch the replay of last nights game, proving how right I am. Facts, not opinions. Facts, not feels.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Watch a replay of last night's game? Are you trying to say that the refs know the rules? Probably the most foolish thing you've ever said.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I’m quite positive I’ve never been wrong. Anyone arguing this need only watch the replay of last nights game, proving how right I am. Facts, not opinions. Facts, not feels.
No, your explanation as to why they picked up the flag is 100% wrong. One ref likely overruled the other on whether the contact was incidental or not, not “you can’t have PI on a flea flicker”

You’ve shown nothing to back up that claim, and everything else points to the opposite

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

There's one tiny problem with this logic. This assumes the refs never fuck up obvious calls.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Marshawn Lynch has always been a retard. I couldn't believe Deon tried to defend it after game with that "In the hood, you don't have to be related to be family" horseshit. The right response is that Lynch is a retarded manchild who happens to be extremely good at one thing. He doesn't refuse to talk to the media because he's edgy, he does it because if he did talk to the media, everyone could see what a moron he is.