NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Just wanted to pop in and say I started both Cooper and Alex Smith tonight, was a good surprise!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Last 18 seconds of that game.... Win!.. Win!.. lose.. lose.. WIN!!!! ... fuck, my heart can't take this.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I work with a dude who is a season ticket holder and the idiot left with like five minutes to go. Like a fucking Heat fan.

• 2Worf

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
That was a set of bad beats last night. Lost my Chiefs + 3 bet with :00 seconds left, multiple times and my Blackhawks bet with :07 seconds to go in OT. Fucking gambling.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Could have called the last one OPI too

Much less of a push with no real extension than the one they called 3 plays earlier, though. Thought it was fine. He was beating the guy to the corner no matter what.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
How many 'goal to go' plays did they run at the end? About 6? LOL. Who else was expecting them to miss the extra point?

Announcers should have said 6th down and goal to go with negative 24 seconds on the clock.

Does anyone know what would happen if the offense gets a delay of game on one of those untimed plays that extends the game or half? Do they back up 5 yards and try again, or is it over?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm not sure about that one. Doesn't even look like Cooper pushed. Just the defender fell down like a n00b.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I mean, I can see the argument. Raider was going for the ball, and once the ball is in the air everyone has a right to it no matter who has the better position. Plus, despite the fact that he had his hands on the chief, it's clear that the reason he went down is that their legs got tangled up. If you're not looking at the legs, the fact that it slows down right there makes it look worse than it was. Makes it look like he broke stride to push the guy. Refs have to call those at full speed and they aren't subject to replay. That's one of those calls that you just have to accept no matter which way it goes.

Honestly I've seen almost this exact same thing happen when the cowboys were on defense, only the cowboy caught the receiver's jersey on the way down and it was called defensive PI.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Watch their legs. Chiefs player didn't fall because there was a push. Their legs got tangled up and that's why he went down
I mean his feet got tangled because he Cooper ran through him. When he started to fall Cooper also had one arm around his midsection and was chest to back. Of course their legs are going to tangle up then, but how can you consider that incidental?

Flip the scenario. If Cooper was the defender, would he have been called for defensive PI? I sure think so, and in this case both players have the right to their path to the ball.

CF3196CF-0CC8-4D59-ACD8-1C311F3592D7.jpeg

• 1Picard

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Well maybe the Chiefs shouldn't shoot themselves in the foot multiple times with 0 seconds left on the clock while they have the lead. Then people wouldn't even be talking about it.

• 1Worf

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
You fucking idiots, it was a flea flicker. Holy shit. They can do whatever they want. After the handoff there can not be PI.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Well maybe the Chiefs shouldn't shoot themselves in the foot multiple times with 0 seconds left on the clock while they have the lead. Then people wouldn't even be talking about it.
Well yeah, they could have also put even an ounce of pressure on Carr. Zero sacks and almost no pressure at all, can’t be all on the secondary when Carr has as long as he wants to throw the ball. The one time they do get to Carr and force a fumble, the refs called illegal contact on Murray against Cooper, when the contact was about 2 yards from the line.

• 1Solidarity

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure if the ball never leaves "the pocket", even on a flea flicker, penalties like PI and intentional grounding can still apply if the passer also never leaves the pocket after he gets the ball back.

Although I thought the discussion was about the final TD to Crabtree, which I didn't think was OPI (thought the one he was called for even was borderline, but far more legit than if they had flagged the last one).