NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
That was hilarious. Crabtree was after some payback for Talib's punk play last year. Crab pushed Talib around like a toy. Then they both threw some girl punches and got ejected.

Even though Crabtree is basically our no. 1 receiver, I think losing Talib hurt the Broncos more. Carr took over after that.

Might not have Crabtree or Cooper for the Giants. Crabtree sucker punched Harris on a play before the fight and I would bet he gets suspended at least one game. Cooper is on concussion protocol. Carr still has a lot of targets and Marshawn is starting to get his legs, so it really depends on which schizoid Giants team shows up.
Fuck Crabtree. Little bitch throwing sucker punches when he should be blocking.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Chargers in the drivers seat for AFC West now. I mean, I think they were before the suspension, but obviously helps.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Chargers in the drivers seat for AFC West now. I mean, I think they were before the suspension, but obviously helps.

Huh? I get they're playing way better than the chiefs now but they're still one game back. Chiefs still have more control over their destiny than the chargers.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Huh? I get they're playing way better than the chiefs now but they're still one game back. Chiefs still have more control over their destiny than the chargers.
They still play again, so it could then come down to tiebreakers if the Chargers beat them (and both teams win out otherwise) since they would have an identical record and then both have 1 game in head to head. Then you'd have to look at common opponents I think?

DickTrickle

They still play again, so it could then come down to tiebreakers if the Chargers beat them (and both teams win out otherwise) since they would have an identical record and then both have 1 game in head to head. Then you'd have to look at common opponents I think?

I thought it was division record but don't care to look it up.

I still think a team with a better record and better head to head, as of this moment, are going to be more in any driver's seat.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This moment doesn't matter, it only matters at end of the season. The drivers seat thing applies to both since they still play each other in Arrowhead in December.

If KC wins all the rest of their games yet lose to the Chargers, both teams end up 4-2 in the division, both would own 1 head to head vs the other, and both would have identical 10-6 records at the end of the year. I think it then goes to common opponents but not sure exactly.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
If KC wins all the rest of their games yet lose to the Chargers, both teams end up 4-2 in the division, both would own 1 head to head vs the other, and both would have identical 10-6 records at the end of the year. I think it then goes to common opponents but not sure exactly.

Isn't it conference record first then common opponents?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes.

Crabtree is a pussy. I watched him during his draft night and have followed his entire career (as a 49er fan). I used to stick up for the guy and believe in his ability.

But sadly he is a fake swag actor who doesn't give full effort on every play. I've watched his bitch ass give up on hundreds of routes. Even that play against the Broncos, he is more worried about a personal spat than he is about blocking.

Now if the play was designed to feature him, he would be ready to fire off the line and run an honest route. The guy is a shitbird who I partly blame for the Niners losing that SB against the Ravens.

You get 3 red zone targets to win at the end of the game, on the biggest stage, in the biggest game of his life, and all that comes of it is him complaining to refs.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Now that I think about it? He was probably the driving force behind the inexplicable play calling on that final sequence with goal to go and a minute left.

Not ONE Frank Gore run, not one bootleg QB option, NOPE JUST FEED THE BALL TO CRAB LOL.

ALL his bitching and toxic behavior probably influenced him getting the looks at that point. Vernon Davis would have been a better target.

I'm sorry but there's no fucking way the reeling Ravens D stops 4 consecutive bootlegs. Kap is either gonna run it in himself, or he is gonna leak out of the pocket and find a crease and hit someone who got open.

Instead throw 3 fades to Crabtree from the pocket....

Sorry guys Crabtree triggers me. If the Raiders get to the SB I'm sure he will come up small and be a negative.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Except for the Talib thing, Crabtree has been great for the Raiders.

The Raider's issues this year and last is the secondary. We drafted Gareon Conley (CB) in the first round but he played all of 10 minutes this season before going on IR. We payed Sean Smith a ton of money after taking him from the Chiefs last year and he's been a huge bust. Del Rio fired defensive coordinator Ken Norton. John Pagano took over last week and the defense looked incredible, but that was against the Broncos' pathetic offense. They make every defense look good.

Even with Pagano at the helm I don't see our defense holding up against Brady, Big Ben, etc in the playoffs. Assuming we somehow manage to sneek in that is.

Merrith

When you've lost 5 of 6 and are in complete freefall, people calling for QB switch...how in control of your destiny are you? If the Chargers beat the Chiefs in the rematch, they erase head to head tiebreaker, and have a better division record at that point.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

When you've lost 5 of 6 and are in complete freefall, people calling for QB switch...how in control of your destiny are you? If the Chargers beat the Chiefs in the rematch, they erase head to head tiebreaker, and have a better division record at that point.

A game ahead and owning the tiebreaker as stands is more control. I get that you're projecting to the future, but I just don't think the "driver's seat" phrase should really be applied there. Yeah, if you're going to make a bet, you probably put it on the Chargers, but the mathematical probability of the current standings still favors the Chiefs.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I just know Chiefs need to get their shit together because we're approaching fantasy playoffs and I'm damn near ready to bench Hunt's ass after him carrying me through the beginning of the season.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Yeah, this season is like a reverse of their 2015 season when they started 1-5 and finished with 10 straight wins.

Merrith

A game ahead and owning the tiebreaker as stands is more control. I get that you're projecting to the future, but I just don't think the "driver's seat" phrase should really be applied there. Yeah, if you're going to make a bet, you probably put it on the Chargers, but the mathematical probability of the current standings still favors the Chiefs.

Well I was thinking the Chargers are also in control of winning the rematch, which would remove the head to head tiebreaker, and give them a slight edge in the next tiebreaker, divisional record (Chargers would be 3-2, Chiefs 2-2). Should note that ignores that the Chiefs play the Raiders the week before they play the Chargers again, was just considering the result of that one game and not trying to guess at others. Oakland is actually in the mix, as if they were to win out, they would win the division no matter what as well, by virtue of beating the Chiefs head to head both times...again if they won out). Remaining schedule is a little tougher for Raiders though.

Chiefs: 21-34
Chargers: 20-35
Raiders: 28-27

But yeah, in general, I think Chiefs losing 5 of last 6 and Chargers being 5-2 in their last 7 might be the most important factor (outside of who wins their rematch).

• 1Like