NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Been busy IRL for a couple weeks, but I wanted to pop in here and say I wrestled a lot with who to root for, and since it can't be a tie, I'm going with the eagles. The deciding factor was that since they have a backup, him winning a super bowl would definitely create a QB controversy in philly next year. Shit, they might have one win or lose. I hope he wins MVP.

Either that or I will record it and fast forward through the game. I haven't decided.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Even if Foles wins, there's no chance of a QB controversy unless something goes wrong with Wentz's rehab.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ha! Caught that last night. Trebek has been pretty sarcastically mocking a lot lately. But this one was the best.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All of those questions were one second answers for anyone who even passively watches the sport.

That was sad.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i woulda gottem them all right....purple people eaters was the toughest one...still knew it though.

• 1Solidarity

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I probably wouldn't have known Purple People Eaters if it wasn't brought up by the media during the recent Vikings playoff run. The rest were pretty trivial though.

Jozu

I remembered that Vikings D line from an NFL films episode.

Anyway, I wonder how many side and prop bets Vegas has going, there have to be some interesting ones. One of the more intriguing is total score. It could be anywhere from 30 (17-13 Eagles) to 70 (37 - 33 Patriots). This should be a great game. I dont see Brady having one of those dominant performances. For one and a half quarters in last years Super Bowl he looked like a fictional character from a sports movie, calmly completing almost every pass, executing so perfectly with the amount of time they had left, down 25 points and still won the game. He doesnt usually put together 4 quarters of stellar play in the Super Bowl for some reason. He was fucking awful in the first half of the Falcons game.

He didnt play well in 2007 against the Giants, nor did he light it up in 2011, he played one great quarter against the Seahawks before Butler bailed him out and got him his 5th ring after 2 consecutive Super Bowl losses. The title in 2004 against the Eagles was a close game which he didnt dominate, same thing against Carolina, and The Rams in 2001. He has never really had a Joe Montana esque Super Bowl performance, or a Steve Young (yes Im obviously trying to re-live the glory days lol) type showing where he just goes out there and dominates.

Who knows maybe this is the one he will do it in and the Eagles look average as fuck. Or it could be a Seahawks type game where its very close and they are always playing from behind. If Wentz was playing I think this would be a very intriguing match up, with the two best teams playing for the championship. With Foles its a bit watered down, but football is crazy and the unexpected usually always happens so It should be an exciting game.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I heard on the radio the Patriots have never scored in the first quarter of a Superbowl. Wonder if that is true. Pretty crazy if so considering the number of quarters.

Jozu

I believe that is true.

For some reason Brady cant convert on 3rd down or their running attack is completely stifled. Once they demoralize the run-game, they start sending guys with a blitz every no and then to keep the o line honest,or take a TE off a route, but the Patriots are even more frustrated by a solid 4 man rush where they can drop 7. Brady gets rid of the ball quicker than anyone, but if you collapse on his "statue" position, where he likes to just give a subtle hop in the center of the pocket able to pump fake or snap a rope over the middle, hit a slant/fade, whatever. If you can get him to move off of that spot, or delay his 1st and second read, he will get ancy and just take a sack rather than turn the ball over.

But once the 3rd quarter gets rolling, he seems to calm down and find some kind of rhythm and his completion percentage goes way up and he wears down the opponent.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I like to think they're really good at making the right adjustments as the games go on, too.

If the Patriots win, I have to figure out what i'm going to do about my avatar... =/

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Obviously, I'm rooting for the Eagles.

Obviously, I'm picking the Patriots.

The Patriots can be beat, but it takes four quarters of constant pressure while not having their opponent make any turnovers. The odds are against that happening. (Also, totally not trying to reverse-jinx.)

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
one thing that pats offense does later in the game is, keep the defense offbalance, then once they get a bit of a rhythm going.. they go no huddle and get the defense "gassed" by preventing substitutions a gassed D makes mistakes. last superbowl the Falcons defense was "gassed" ~2/3rds of the way thru the 4th quarter...and it showed because they were not able to get the pats off the field.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
With both teams having everyone healthy I'm hoping for a solid game. Not gonna do much food wise this year. Pulled pork for sandwiches during the day then super nachos in the evening with the left over pulled pork. Sipping on a fifth of tequila till tis gone. When I say sipping take that to mean chugging

• 1Like