NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What makes you think Dallas isn't Super Bowl ready? They went 13-3 and got the #1 seed last year and lost due to a miracle play.

Their losses were average secondary players who were replaced by other average secondary players.

Less experienced "average" players. I'd say the secondary was a little below average last year, tbh. But maybe an infusion of youth will help.

Also isn't the O line down 2 starters from last year? Although if you listen to Dallas the backup replacing in one spot is just as good/if not better, no?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Less experienced "average" players. I'd say the secondary was a little below average last year, tbh. But maybe an infusion of youth will help.

Also isn't the O line down 2 starters from last year? Although if you listen to Dallas the backup replacing in one spot is just as good/if not better, no?

Yeah La'el Collins should be as good if not better than Ronald Leary. Leary did play better than him last year, but Collins was playing through an injury and linemen typically improve a lot through their first few years.

They also lost Doug Free who was their weakest link last year on the line and replaced him with Chaz Green who's got a higher ceiling, but does have penalty issues.

All in all the defense should be a net positive if Jaylon Smith keeps his current trajectory and Dak having a year of experience should help on the other side of the ball.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
rsz_djfylu_vyaaoqnp.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Armin

Peasant
So the next CBA will probably give the league absolute power to issue discipline...and the owners will dare the players to lose games/a season to stop it. These court cases have to be chapping owners' asses. The league gets kicked in the nuts again by a judge...probably not the headline they were looking for on opening week.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
For our pro level fantasy me and the two guys I play with went 4 running backs to start the draft. Ended up with Freeman at 10, Zeke at 15, Fournette at 30, and Crowell at 35. Pretty happy with how it played out.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
What makes you think Dallas isn't Super Bowl ready? They went 13-3 and got the #1 seed last year and lost due to a miracle play.

Their losses were average secondary players who were replaced by other average secondary players.

Returning starters for all 32 NFL teams

It was more than secondary players. Dallas can't even return HALF of it's starters on defense. This defense isn't even CLOSE to Superbowl ready.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Returning starters for all 32 NFL teams

It was more than secondary players. Dallas can't even return HALF of it's starters on defense. This defense isn't even CLOSE to Superbowl ready.

Uhh, 4 of those starters were from the secondary. Another was a LB who went down and can be replaced by Jaylon Smith, the other is a D-line player who was cut because he sucked.

Also, it looks like you think a team has to be elite on both sides of the ball or they can't win a Super Bowl. If they can just be average, they have a shot.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think Dallas is the likely NFC team to beat, unless my team actually plays defense out of tis mind like it did the last two times it won the SB. Dallas has the easier rider there, I think, and the better O-Line which is what tends to get you through tough times. We (GB) and Dallas share the same problem of having a coach and front office that brainfarts at odd times, which is why I feel that if NE gets its shit together neither would win a theoretical SB matchup. If GB comes out super flat on Sunday, then you pretty much know its another repeat of the last several years. Dallas is trickier to predict, since both Dak and Zeke are likely to have some fall off, but a solid line solves a lot of problems and Dallas definitely has that. I also think a post Romo Dallas is not as self destructive and learns from its complacency in last year's playoffs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Uhh, 4 of those starters were from the secondary. Another was a LB who went down and can be replaced by Jaylon Smith, the other is a D-line player who was cut because he sucked.

Also, it looks like you think a team has to be elite on both sides of the ball or they can't win a Super Bowl. If they can just be average, they have a shot.

Two questions for you then, both over/under:

12.5 wins in regular season?

The number of playoff wins Romo had in his career = this year's playoff wins? (2)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Two questions for you then, both over/under:

12.5 wins in regular season?

The number of playoff wins Romo had in his career = this year's playoff wins? (2)

12 feels good to me so I'd go under. Even if they're improved, their first place finish gives them a harder schedule and they were on the right side of some 50/50 games.

The playoff one I'd call a push. 2 playoff wins is doable. I'm not saying they're a lock to win it all, but they're definitely in the top tier as far as NFC goes.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
12 feels good to me so I'd go under. Even if they're improved, their first place finish gives them a harder schedule and they were on the right side of some 50/50 games.

The playoff one I'd call a push. 2 playoff wins is doable. I'm not saying they're a lock to win it all, but they're definitely in the top tier as far as NFC goes.

I'd love it if you were right, but that means only 4 losses all season:

Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Raiders, Broncos, Packers, Falcons, Seahawks, Cardinals... where are your 4 losses?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'd love it if you were right, but that means only 4 losses all season:

Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Raiders, Broncos, Packers, Falcons, Seahawks, Cardinals... where are your 4 losses?

Cardinals and Broncos don't really scare me this year. I'd say they drop 2 in the division, 1 between GB/Sea/ATL, and 1 against someone they should beat or who comes out of nowhere and is a good team all of a sudden.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Lol, Brady and the Patriots are done and Elliot not being suspended taking Cowboys to win the Superbowl this year, apparently I need to upgrade from meth to whatever you're on.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Lol, Brady and the Patriots are done and Elliot not being suspended taking Cowboys to win the Superbowl this year, apparently I need to upgrade from meth to whatever you're on.

Patriots are a sinking ship! Hop on the bandwagon, Bro!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People sleeping on Atlanta continuing to be good this year? Not that I'm sold either way yet, but seems like people either expect SB hangover or another good year from them with not much middle ground.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I know that Jets have yet to play a single game but is it ok for me to push the panic button and declare the season done?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i'm so fucking stoked for tomorrow. its football time boys.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users