NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Axlrose

<Gold Donor>
My hard core Dallas fan friend is trying to say there is now a quarterback controversy brewing in Philadelphia between Foles and Wentz...

...only controversy I see is did Dallas let Romo go too soon?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well the Patriots will waltz to their 6th Super Bowl, most definitely the easiest playoff path they ever had.

Mariota, Bortles and Nick Foles lol.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Pops

Boston ABC affiliate WCVB tweets a photo of Aaron Hernandez for a story about the Patriots’ win Sunday

AAuZHe3.jpg

Blood Bowl?

• 1Worf

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Patriots have the 29th ranked Defense. As long as Foles doesn't shit the bed, I wouldn't write off the Eagles just yet.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you guys think the Eagles are going to beat the Patriots you are all fucking either haters, or high on drugs.

Im not even a Pats fan as you guys well know, but The Eagles beating the Patriots is extremely unlikely. I dont care if the Pats defense was ranked 32nd, Brady is going to control the game, Gronk should be ready to go, and Pederson is going to be outcoached. The only way the Eagles win is if they somehow get to Brady and sack him and hurry him on multiple series and take a huge lead. Look what happened in the game yesterday. The Pats were 2 for 10 on 3rd down conversions at one point, the offense looked stagnant, they gave up a killer fumble that looked to be the end of the game for them, down by double digits in the 4th quarter, and somehow they still fucking win that game.

Last year they were down 28-3 in the 3rd quarter to a top 3 offense with the reigning league MVP at the opposing QB position with a mediocre defense and they STILL FUCKING WON THAT GAME. Your not going to sit here and tell me Nick Foles is going to have what it takes to perform under duress and do enough to deny Brady and Bill their 6th title.

Anything CAN happen, and maybe the Eagles would of been favorites against the Pats if they had Wentz, but the Pats are going to take away Alshon and turn Torrey Smith into the decoy that he is, forcing the run game to beat them, which isnt going to happen. Brady is good for 20 points minimum on any given Sunday. So Philly is going to have to score about 24 points or so to win. Unless they get another defensive touchdown or special teams luck, I dont see them being able to keep up with this Patriots offense.

I thought the Vikings would make it a close game and maybe even win it, so good for the Eagles, but I honestly think the Vikings had a better chance to knock off the Patriots than the Eagles.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
If you guys think the Eagles are going to beat the Patriots you are all fucking either haters, or high on drugs.

Im not even a Pats fan as you guys well know, but The Eagles beating the Patriots is extremely unlikely. I dont care if the Pats defense was ranked 32nd, Brady is going to control the game, Gronk should be ready to go, and Pederson is going to be outcoached. The only way the Eagles win is if they somehow get to Brady and sack him and hurry him on multiple series and take a huge lead. Look what happened in the game yesterday. The Pats were 2 for 10 on 3rd down conversions at one point, the offense looked stagnant, they gave up a killer fumble that looked to be the end of the game for them, down by double digits in the 4th quarter, and somehow they still fucking win that game.

Last year they were down 28-3 in the 3rd quarter to a top 3 offense with the reigning league MVP at the opposing QB position with a mediocre defense and they STILL FUCKING WON THAT GAME. Your not going to sit here and tell me Nick Foles is going to have what it takes to perform under duress and do enough to deny Brady and Bill their 6th title.

Anything CAN happen, and maybe the Eagles would of been favorites against the Pats if they had Wentz, but the Pats are going to take away Alshon and turn Torrey Smith into the decoy that he is, forcing the run game to beat them, which isnt going to happen. Brady is good for 20 points minimum on any given Sunday. So Philly is going to have to score about 24 points or so to win. Unless they get another defensive touchdown or special teams luck, I dont see them being able to keep up with this Patriots offense.

Brady is the best QB ever. Noone says otherwise.

But how do you go from raving about Brady to all of a sudden saying the Pats D is going to "take away Alshon & turn Torrey into a decoy". That's some insane levels of stupid right there.

If anyone was going to do that, it would have been the Vikes.

If it happens, it's because Foles is being a shitter, not because Pats D is doing anything amazing.

And if Foles is doing ok, I still expect Pats offense to pull off some miracles, because Brady.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Jozu, you been smoking tide pods again?

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
The Eagles haven't had a chance the last 2 games, I'm glad people are making it a 3rd. This team feeds off being an underdog.

It's not a bad spot to be as a fan either, everything feels like playing with house money. If we lose we got to the SB with Nick Foles, that's way more than I expected after Wentz went down. If we win we beat Tom Brady and the Evil Empire with Nick fucking Foles.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea, not sure, YPG seems to be the measurement of choice when talking stats. I guess it sorta makes sense since points can be scored on either side of the ball (and special teams) whereas yards are more set in stone for whom they are for

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
the patriots ALWAYS suck at YPG stat.. they have for fucking years. the patriots have the bend not break style of Defense, they give up LOTS of yards, in the middle of the field, where they tighten down is in the Red Zone...so instead of giving up TD's they give up FG's.... YPG is a great stat. omfg xxx team gives up 385yards of offense a game sounds BAD due to it being a large number, but if that same team -which gives up 385 yards of offsense, holds said offense to 6 60 yard scoring drives but only gives up only FG's. the chances are they will win that game due to only giving up 18 points.

the #1 most important Stat for a DEFENSE is.... PPG (Points Per Game). at the beginning of the year the pats defense Sucked...for about 6 games, since then they have been a good BdB defense (bend don't break) and have only given up 14.25 ppg average since game 6 (including playoffs)
in that same time span - 12 games - the eagles ave has been 15.83 PPG.

both Very Good defenses.

while i think the patriots will win the game, i doubt it will be a blow out. more like ~7 pts or less differential.

• 1Solidarity

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
one other thing about YPG.... take the STEELERS... here is a fun stat

Big Ben in the playoffs...if he throws for more than 275 yards in a playoff game... he LOSES - he has thrown for more than 275 yards in 6 playoff games he has LOST every game. think about that and the opponents YPG defensive stat...

this past year:
the Steelers VS the JAGS - the BEST defense in the league last year in the regular season...the Jags gave up 545 yards of offense; by YPG metrics that is disgustingly BAD..yet the jags WON the game.

the STEELERS D conversely, gave up only 378 yds in that game...a decent YPG number - yet LOST.

YPG means NOTHING

• 1Solidarity

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
layman's view. Vikings probably celebrated "The Miracle" as if they had won the SB, and the mindset carried over to the Eagles game. After a win like that it's takes time to wind down and start focusing on the next opponent. No matter how much you try to move forward. As for the Eagles, it's gonna be a long two weeks for them, they will overthink things and will choke. That happens all the time. The 24/7 media circus plays a huge part of it. But for Pats it's business as usual. I don't like the Pats (hate would be too strong of a word) but they are in an incredible position to fuck over Eagles defensive game plan with the Gronk situation. Will he be cleared to play, will he not. Eagles have to basically prepare two different sets. I will also bet my Tuesdays' underwear that at some point leading up to the SB there will be a story how Brady's hand has actually started to hurt more after the Jags game. Worst thing about Pats winning is not them winning but Mark fucking Wahlberg.