NFL 2017-18: Watch athletes destroy their brains

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The pats winning is endlessly entertaining. A Philly team losing is also a lot of fun and it would be a great partner to a Patriot win.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
The best part of the greased light poles is that every half drunk idiot took it as a challenge to climb said light poles. I keep an apartment in center city, I look down on Love park and the front of City hall. I kid you not, I saw at least 20-30 jackasses trying to climb every lightpole in sight after they won on Sunday.

• 2Worf

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hard to not think the Pats won't win, we all know the colors the zebras really wear.

Quick whistle may have robbed Myles Jack of a fumble recovery touchdown

Well, as the first person to talk about the Zebras working for NE, that game was actually not at all bad.... by Foxboro standards. Honestly, I thought he was down by contact when he went down and surprised that the fumble was not reversed, so I had zero issue with that play. The real problem was the Jags clenching their asshole when they thought the game sewn up and running for two yards on first down every possession of the second half. They largely did it to themselves, which is what teams new to the playoffs often do.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Jags went from trying to win in the first half to trying not to lose in the second half (well 55 sec prior to half ).

Pats Eagles Vikings steelers etc with 2 time outs and 55 sec on clock WOULD be trying to score right before half. That showed that the jags coaches have no confidence in bortles.

• 2Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bortles got them the lead in the first place though. He played really well that game. They just took the game out his hands in the second half.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Jags went from trying to win in the first half to trying not to lose in the second half (well 55 sec prior to half ).

Pats Eagles Vikings steelers etc with 2 time outs and 55 sec on clock WOULD be trying to score right before half. That showed that the jags coaches have no confidence in bortles.

see I don't feel like they sat on their lead so much as they got way, way too predictable. They still took some shots and weren't going out there handing it off 3 times. It was just hand off to Fournette for same run every single first down for 0-2 yards, putting yourself in 2nd/3rd and long. They also never looked to move Bortles out of the pocket on some roll outs to let him use his legs more. 2 rushes for -2 yards from him, just not setting him up to use all of his tools.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
merrith, that play calling was trying to not lose the game. the jags were successful due to, first down, playaction... next first down,, run...next first down play action etc mixing it up, being "vanilla" in the play calling is trying to not lose the game. the play action was WORKING first half, buuuut...the jags got predictable, the back or slot receiver would have been wide open if they called a play action on first down, the pats were running practically the bears D from 85 on first down....every first down. 8 or 9 players in the "box" to stop the run..and it worked because the jags NEVER called a pass play.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
just a reminder to all the people shitting on the Eagles' chances because of Foles:
Brady & Belichick lost to
cutler.png
this season

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Play calling is so much easier once the game is over. Now we get to hear all the geniuses that said "You have to run the ball when you have a lead, everyone knows that" about the Falcons in the superbowl last year say "Jacksonville was playing to not lose" this year. Fact of the matter is that there is no good way to keep Tom Brady from beating you which is why the best coaches and players in the world fail at it so often.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
brutal it wasn't them trying to run the ball you have to run the clock and running is the best way- to do it, provided you CAN run the ball. it was them calling -essentially- the same play EVERY first down with no play action, roll out, screen etc. when the pats stack the box like they did, you have to vary it up some to make the safeties respect the CHANCE of a pass. i mean chumg & mccourty practically EVERY first down was with the linebackers keyed to stopping the run.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
in all honesty, if the eagles play well, they will give the pats a very good game, will the pats win? i hope so, but if the eagles play like they did vs the vikings, the pats will have to play THEIR best in order to have a shot at matching score for score.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
brutal it wasn't them trying to run the ball you have to run the clock and running is the best way- to do it, provided you CAN run the ball. it was them calling -essentially- the same play EVERY first down with no play action, roll out, screen etc. when the pats stack the box like they did, you have to vary it up some to make the safeties respect the CHANCE of a pass. i mean chumg & mccourty practically EVERY first down was with the linebackers keyed to stopping the run.

My point was they were still taking shots down the field, but they were putting themselves in the worst position possible by making it so predictable when they were running and when they were passing. We're sort of agreeing, I just don't think they completely parked the truck if you know what I mean.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
that is excellent strategy, i wish more owners thought that way, however i can see why not many are adopting that : their profit margin decreased.

people spending increased 16% at the stadium

lets take Hotdogs... what were they charging before? 4 dollars? 7 dollars (article says 50% less but mentions 7 bucks for a hotdog) lets just go with 4 dollars a hot dog.

4 dollar hotdog vs 2 dollar hotdog.. profit margin on 2 dollar hot dog is what about 1.25 (cost being:75c for hot dog, bun, condiments, worker pay combined)?
4 dollar hotdog that same profit is 3.25..

so instead of selling 10000 hotdogs per game at $4, they sold 23200 hotdogs @$2 per game (16% more).. but that is lost "profit" due to the increased cost of materials (~33% less profit)