NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I still think the Patriots have the edge on team building. A 16-year run of winning seasons doesn't come easy, I don't care who your QB is. Cowboys need to continue to exhibit the success of this season to really get back to that level. 2014, as good as it was, still had holes on the team, especially on defense. 2015 was depth, especially at QB. So if they continue on from here then yeah, back in the conversation for a team that builds well.

The JJ thing was a huge flash in the pan due to the resources they got from the Great Trade Robbery, and at a time when the salary cap didn't exist. He proved with Miami that he couldn't replicate the process under a cap.

There is absolutely no way the Cowboys will ever replicate the success the Patriots have had the last 16 years. 10 AFC Championship games in 16 years is fucking insane.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There is absolutely no way the Cowboys will ever replicate the success the Patriots have had the last 16 years. 10 AFC Championship games in 16 years is fucking insane.

Lol not even close.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I still think the Patriots have the edge on team building. A 16-year run of winning seasons doesn't come easy, I don't care who your QB is. Cowboys need to continue to exhibit the success of this season to really get back to that level. 2014, as good as it was, still had holes on the team, especially on defense. 2015 was depth, especially at QB. So if they continue on from here then yeah, back in the conversation for a team that builds well.

The JJ thing was a huge flash in the pan due to the resources they got from the Great Trade Robbery, and at a time when the salary cap didn't exist. He proved with Miami that he couldn't replicate the process under a cap.

I think you are giving JJ too little credit. He was in the POs three out of four years and set the team up for Wannstedt to go 11-5 the next two years with Jay Fiedler.

I look at this different than you do. For me, is the team built so that an average or even bad coach has the ability to win a lot of games? If so, that's a very well built team. Look at Switzer. He was at best an average coach but he had an amazing team. Could Dallas still make the playoffs with a Caldwell? Lewis? They could even possibly make it with Fisher. That's a damn well-built team! Belichick can make the playoffs with chicken shit. He doesn't absolutely need Brady, Gronk, a great defense. He can do it with little white guys, elite WRs, leftover DEs, people's discarded guys. Belichick is the glue and I can't really judge it the same way because it is different. He's the best in the business with a HoF QB and a lot of other really good parts but... could anyone else do what he has done? Not in this age, maybe not ever.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard

Know what is even more impressive than 10 in 16 years, 10 in 13 without being accused of cheating let alone being found guilty multiple times. I'll let you guess who did that.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

I'm seeing this more and more. I don't know much about Riddick but his name is getting tossed out there an awful lot.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Know what is even more impressive than 10 in in 16 years, 10 in 13 I'll let you guess who did that.

Guess who wasn't the owner then. Guess what team has done it in the salary cap era and which hasn't. Guess which team has been relevant the last 20 years and which hasn't. I'll let you guess.

• 1Salty

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Guess who wasn't the owner then. Guess what team has done it in the salary cap era and which hasn't. Guess which team has been relevant the last 20 years and which hasn't. I'll let you guess.

Hahaha Chargers fans

• 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is absolutely no way the Cowboys will ever replicate the success the Patriots have had the last 16 years*. 10 AFC Championship games in 16 years is fucking insane*.

Asterisked for accuracy**

patriots_spygate_logo.gif

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
the talk around the water cooler, is your ass is about to be violated.

I don't know where you and your faggot coworkers live but I can assure you my ass isn't going to be violated. You can join Chanur jacking it in the streets of San Diego with your faggot coworkers for all I care. Also keep my asshole out your mouth.

• 2Salty

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I don't know where you and your faggot coworkers live but I can assure you my ass isn't going to be violated. You can join Chanur jacking it in the streets of San Diego with your faggot coworkers for all I care. Also keep my asshole out your mouth.
Don't drag me into things just because you have to hold on to long lost glory to feel relevant.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Don't drag me into things just because you have to hold on to long lost glory to feel relevant.

Lol I can't stop laughing at a San Diego fan lecturing about relevance, maybe the Eagles and Lions fans can join you in solidarity for even more irony.

• 1Salty
  • 1Cutler

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Lol I can't stop laughing at a San Diego fan lecturing about relevance, maybe the Eagles and Lions fans can join you in solidarity for even more irony.

Find 1 cowboy fan on this board who will support you.

• 1Cutler

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Miami fan checking in. Still proud of a team that only the most irrational of Dolphins predicted playoffs before the season started (and we called them crazy). I predicted 8-8 with 9-7 being the ceiling.

Biggest needs in the offseason are LB, and OL, with a lower priority on Safety and CB's for depth.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
The difference between you and I is I am under no illusion about the Chargers relevance.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 3 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Miami fan checking in. Still proud of a team that only the most irrational of Dolphins predicted playoffs before the season started (and we called them crazy). I predicted 8-8 with 9-7 being the ceiling.

Biggest needs in the offseason are LB, and OL, with a lower priority on Safety and CB's for depth.
You guys had a good season. Im rooting for you to finally have a team in that division who can challenge New England.

Gase seems like the real deal.

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
You guys had a good season. Im rooting for you to finally have a team in that division who can challenge New England.

Gase seems like the real deal.

Yep. If we can get some guys that aren't on the sidelines all the time injured, the team should be moving up with the Jeffersons! Lots of good things going on so far. Will be interesting to see where Moore goes next year...if he does leave.

• 1Like

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
The difference between you and I is I am under no illusion about the Chargers relevance.

The only time I even mentioned relevance was when I mocked you and pointed out the irony of a Charger fan calling out any team on not being relevant. Still laughing.

• 2Cutler