NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Cybsled

You just need an offense that isn't one dimensional. Because they have good running and throwing threats, opposing defenses can't just stack the shit out stopping one of them like they can on teams that are weak in either of those fields.

Their defense and offensive line have also greatly improved. Plus Goodell and the country tried to shit all over them for the Deflategate scam, so they have that extra chip on their shoulder.

If the Pats win the Super Bowl, it will be hilarious to watch Goodel sweat as he is as he is surrounded by hostile forces lol

moontayle

Golden Squire
And in the end, I will always come back to the point I have to keep on making about Romo until I get an answer that makes sense. If Dallas' OL cannot keep Romo healthy for two years straight, what's the point of acquiring him really??
Every QB gets hit. A good OL can only do so much for so long, which is why people make a big deal about how fast a QB can get through his reads and get the ball out. That said, you can't account for freak accidents on a hit. When he broke his collarbone the first time last year, it was because when Hicks hit him, he wrapped his arms around Romo, trapping his arms in the process, and drove his shoulder into the ground. He falls any other way and that injury likely doesn't happen. This year, he was actually out of the pocket and had slid to the ground when the Seattle defender came from behind him and basically folded him over. Again, freak accident. Personally I think he could have played after week four, but they were 3-1 at that point so there wasn't a need to rush him back. He definitely could have played after the bye.

Prior to that he had only missed two games in four years. Hardly the brittle flower people make him out to be.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Most people are healthy up until they're not. He's never going to be Romo from 4 years ago. He's done and that's why no one will give anything of significant value for him. Garropollo, Glennon, McCarron, Taylor are all more desirable.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Most people are healthy up until they're not. He's never going to be Romo from 4 years ago. He's done and that's why no one will give anything of significant value for him. Garropollo, Glennon, McCarron, Taylor are all more desirable.

For different reasons. Romo would just be a last gasp play/SB run type acquisition. I don't know the market but Manning had one. There is no difference. Many thought Manning may never play again. No one thinks that about Romo. They think he needs a solid backup for when he gets hurt(fair or not). Hell, I only like Taylor out of your group of guys.that are more desirable. Garopollo is as likely to be the next Cassel or Osweiler as the next 'savior'. In fact, based on history, he's much more likely to be a flop. Taylor is solid. I really like the kid and I'm waiting for the smart team who picks him up. Glennon is garbage. McCarron, who the fuck knows? He never beat our a ginger who can't play unless his elite WR is also playing so how good can he be? Dalton is truly a shitty QB propped up by the talent around him.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Why do people like Taylor? The third item that pops up in google for his name is "Tyrod Taylor can't throw a ball". I watched him sail so many passes over a super salty Sammy Watkins.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Why do people like Taylor? The third item that pops up in google for his name is "Tyrod Taylor can't throw a ball". I watched him sail so many passes over a super salty Sammy Watkins.

Sammy I can't stay healthy Watkins and the other no name receivers. Taylor is a solid QB. He will never be Tom Brady but he's definitely starter quality.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Taylor is in that same bracket of serviceable and durable QBs as Alex Check Down Smith and Ryan Tannehill. The Bills just completely fucked up and created a situation where they overpaid him to near Cutler/Brock levels. If he had the talent around him that Smith does or if he was being paid similar to Tannehill, no one would complain. Short version, Bills fans and front office are retards.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As for Romo, he should be smart and retire while he has the ability to walk under his own power. He will never have a better line than Dallas has atm and even they could not keep him on his feet. If he really cannot stand to quit, he should go the Jimmy Mac route and be the clipboard holder for some top end QB and collect an easy paycheck without getting his back destroyed. But really, he should just retire after this season because he is never getting a ring as a starter and has all the money he needs.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I like that people are blowing Alex Smith a bit on the radio and ESPN but when asked why Chiefs have a shot to make it, it's always 1) the run game 2) the D 3) Tyreek Hill. Like how far do you have to go down the list before you hit Alex Smith?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I like that people are blowing Alex Smith a bit on the radio and ESPN but when asked why Chiefs have a shot to make it, it's always 1) the run game 2) the D 3) Tyreek Hill. Like how far do you have to go down the list before you hit Alex Smith?

He's next in line after that. They gave the entire starting 11 on D, the RB and OL, and even the return guy their due first. Not many people left lol. Reid is probably #4 actually lol.

Taylor is solid. Sure, he messes up a lot like all QBs. He's no Discount Double Check but he's as good as Dalton. He can compare to Tannehill, Flacco, Bridgewater, Bradford, Cutler, Newton, and Kaepernick. So, average NFL QB that could possibly make some noise in the right situation, with the right coaching, and support. Yeah, I added Flacco because he sucks, lol!.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
A QB being good enough to not be an active hindrance to your team is a big deal. You can still win that way with a decent supporting cast, but it's real hard to win if your QB is a shitbird.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Alex Smith is just good enough to not get fired and maybe you can win a playoff game once every few years if you have a great defense and running game. Everybody loves to talk about how stupid the 49ers were for trading him for Kaepernick, but now 3 seasons later Kaep's playoff record since the swap is 4-2 and Smith's is 1-3. Smith has been better than Kaep in the last two years, but he's been on a much better team as well. Don't mistake this for an "I love Kaepernick" post, he sucks, but so does Smith. If the 49ers had Smith back right now and the rest of the team was the same, they would be just as bad or worse than they are now.

Did Kaepernick work out? No.
Was it an idiotic decision to go to him, even in hindsight? No.
Would the 49ers be any better off if Smith was still there? No.

If Alex Smith ever gets a ring, it will be in spite of him, not because of him.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
o8ynHf7.jpg

If you think Alex Smith is anywhere close to as bad as Kaepernick you don't know dick about football.

• 1Solidarity

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Most of those wins came against the packers who can't defend a running QB for shit.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
McCarron, who the fuck knows? He never beat our a ginger who can't play unless his elite WR is also playing so how good can he be? Dalton is truly a shitty QB propped up by the talent around him.

Maybe in his first few years, but Dalton is fine now. Definitely not the problem with the team. The Bengals are a mess in a couple areas but it is comforting to know the QB is not one of them. Dalton was missing Eifert, AJ, and Gio much of the season. He gave LaFell his best season since the Pats SB year. Rookie WR Tyler Boyd was a Top 5 rookie WR this year (Michael Thomas is ridiculous). And Dalton was tied with Wilson and Luck for the second most sacked QBs in the league this year. The Bengals O-line inexplicably fell off a cliff this year and the run game was shit the entire year except for when they played the Browns. And Dalton still managed over 4k yards.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
anyone have a stream? i'm stuck at work for quarter end and want to watch some of this shit