NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
One of Smith's playoff losses was against the Colts where he put his team up 28-0 before their defense shit the bed. He is one trillion times better than Kaepernick, who not only sucks at football but is also a huge distraction and a massive faggot off the field.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Maybe in his first few years, but Dalton is fine now. Definitely not the problem with the team. The Bengals are a mess in a couple areas but it is comforting to know the QB is not one of them. Dalton was missing Eifert, AJ, and Gio much of the season. He gave LaFell his best season since the Pats SB year. Rookie WR Tyler Boyd was a Top 5 rookie WR this year (Michael Thomas is ridiculous). And Dalton was tied with Wilson and Luck for the second most sacked QBs in the league this year. The Bengals O-line inexplicably fell off a cliff this year and the run game was shit the entire year except for when they played the Browns. And Dalton still managed over 4k yards.

Eh, I was too harsh. He is an average QB who can win games in the right environment(which is most QBs and not a bad thing). He still rides his elite WR to victory but so would I. They were 3-0-1 when Green got over 100-yards recieiving. He has improved his decision making and has fewer ints so you are right, he isn't the problem here. The coaches are the problem. He should have never been put in the position to have to throw almost 600 times for his 4200 yards which would have limited sack opportunities. He had Gio for 10 games, Green for 9, and Eifert for the back 8. They were not gone most of the season for that argument. The team just should have balanced their game and not expected too much from an average QB. Bad coaching.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
why do we have 2 post season threads
This thread is typically used to discuss the offseason, and teams that are out of the playoffs and what moves they are making. Then someone had the brilliant idea of making a post season thread that is apparently supposed to only be about the playoffs. No idea why they didn't just continue to use the 2016 thread.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
This thread is typically used to discuss the offseason, and teams that are out of the playoffs and what moves they are making. Then someone had the brilliant idea of making a post season thread that is apparently supposed to only be about the playoffs. No idea why they didn't just continue to use the 2016 thread.

Ambi wants to run for mod, trying to up his resume with dumbfuckerry.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If you think Alex Smith is anywhere close to as bad as Kaepernick you don't know dick about football.

If you've been watching the last two seasons you might reach that conclusion, but 49ers fans have seen both of them on both good and bad teams and both of them look competent with a dominant defense and running game and they are both a dumpster fire without it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If you've been watching the last two seasons you might reach that conclusion, but 49ers fans have seen both of them on both good and bad teams and both of them look competent with a dominant defense and running game and they are both a dumpster fire without it.

Alex Smith has played well every year there was consistency with his coaching staff.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Welcome Lions. The world avoids Armageddon for another year.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This does not look good for my boys. All the teams that should be winning..are dominating. Giants and GB game is definitely the game to watch. I really don't mind either team but I think NY has the better chance to put the Cowgirls in this thread so I guess I'm going with them. NFC has more interesting stories once again. Damn you Patriots.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Alex Smith has played well every year there was consistency with his coaching staff.

You could say the same about Kaepernick. The only time Smith was good on the 49ers was under Harbaugh and for part of a season when Norv Turner was the OC. As long as his OC can design a game plan around his inability to throw more than 15 yards accurately he looks pretty good. Kind of like how if people can design a game plan for Kaepernick that only asks him to make one read and then improvise, he looks pretty good which I have to say Chip Kelly was able to pull off in several games this year even though they still wound up losing because the rest of the team sucked. I will say that Smith can read the field much better than Kaepernick, which gives you more options in play calling, but Kaep has better running abilities and much better arm strength.

Neither guy is going to make a bad team look good or take over a game in the 4th quarter and make a big comeback, but you can win with either of them if the rest of the team is dominant.

Last edited:

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I make fun of the Cowgirls all the time but Jerrah has done a fantastic job building the current team. It may have taken him 25 years to do what JJ did in a couple but JJ was unique. Jarrah broke all kinds of drafting rules and he still has probably the best-built team in the league. Hats off to that old piece of shit. He can finally brag to JJ again and actually have some ammo.

I still remember the Chiefs setting that amazing passing record a few years ago. 21 straight games without a WR catching a TD. That takes some ungodly amount of work and talent lol.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I still think the Patriots have the edge on team building. A 16-year run of winning seasons doesn't come easy, I don't care who your QB is. Cowboys need to continue to exhibit the success of this season to really get back to that level. 2014, as good as it was, still had holes on the team, especially on defense. 2015 was depth, especially at QB. So if they continue on from here then yeah, back in the conversation for a team that builds well.

The JJ thing was a huge flash in the pan due to the resources they got from the Great Trade Robbery, and at a time when the salary cap didn't exist. He proved with Miami that he couldn't replicate the process under a cap.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I make fun of the Cowgirls all the time but Jerrah has done a fantastic job building the current team.

bandwagoneeer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user