NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Kaines

Potato Supreme

Given that during the Zeke fiasco (where there was NO video at all) the NFL was adamant that they were changing up their entire investigative department when it came to domestic violence issues, I bet Jerry is VERY interested to see why the Hunt case was allowed to go COMPLETELY UNINVESTIGATED while Zeke got 6 games on the flimsiest of evidence. This is just more proof the Zeke investigation was a complete witch hunt to make the NFL look good by going after it's most valuable franchise to try and APPEAR sympathetic to the issue.

TLDR: Goddell is a proven fraud.

• 5Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
You know, that is a good perspective and makes more sense than Jerry thinking he could be a weapon for the Cowboys...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Given that during the Zeke fiasco (where there was NO video at all) the NFL was adamant that they were changing up their entire investigative department when it came to domestic violence issues, I bet Jerry is VERY interested to see why the Hunt case was allowed to go COMPLETELY UNINVESTIGATED while Zeke got 6 games on the flimsiest of evidence. This is just more proof the Zeke investigation was a complete witch hunt to make the NFL look good by going after it's most valuable franchise to try and APPEAR sympathetic to the issue.

TLDR: Goddell is a proven fraud.

The entire idea that the NFL can investigate anything is laughable. They have zero subpoena power. They can ask for public records releases but will get a redacted version depending on state laws where it occurred. The NFL can ask a hotel all day for a video and they are gonna be told to pound sand. TMZ knows the sleezy ways to get shit done.

They can ask the criminal defense attorney representing the player. Ya lol no. They won’t ever give them shit.

The NFL needs to hire a couple retired judges, prosecutors and experienced detectives. Give them a few weeks after allegations are made to gather facts and put something together.

This current process is a shit show.

• 2Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
The entire idea that the NFL can investigate anything is laughable. They have zero subpoena power. They can ask for public records releases but will get a redacted version depending on state laws where it occurred. The NFL can ask a hotel all day for a video and they are gonna be told to pound sand. TMZ knows the sleezy ways to get shit done.

They can ask the criminal defense attorney representing the player. Ya lol no. They won’t ever give them shit.

The NFL needs to hire a couple retired judges, prosecutors and experienced detectives. Give them a few weeks after allegations are made to gather facts and put something together.

This current process is a shit show.

Well yes, and the fact the NFL had NO INTEREST in investigating this since they already had their sacrificial pound of flesh with Zeke.

O'Connor: The NFL wasn't interested in the truth on Kareem Hunt

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
Sadly they could establish a basic protocol and just follow it. But they don’t.....they basically sit in a circle jerk until some blows new info into the circle.

Anyone they ask to interview that is not a member of the nfl will most likely tell them to eat shit.

Bottom line? The NFL is not built to do this. They do football, not investigations.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Kaep's final year playing with those receivers and that defense was far better than people give him credit for.

No it wasn't. This is some bullshit made up by people who want to advance the narrative that Kaep was blackballed because racism. I watched every 49ers game that year and he sucked ass. Chip Kelly did a decent job of masking his deficiencies but no one who actually watched the games thinks he was good that year.

I don't care about the anthem protest at all but Kaep sucks.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No it wasn't. This is some bullshit made up by people who want to advance the narrative that Kaep was blackballed because racism. I watched every 49ers game that year and he sucked ass. Chip Kelly did a decent job of masking his deficiencies but no one who actually watched the games thinks he was good that year.

I don't care about the anthem protest at all but Kaep sucks.

I posted articles previously in last year's thread by sites analyzing his play that year that agreed he did play well, given what he was playing with. But shit Brutul, your great football mind is probably superior to all of them, and my own having watched some of those games, along with every spectrum of QB play I get to see with the Redskins every year. Kelly's system might have helped, but they were specifically looking at him going through progressions and making pre snap reads and noting he had improved noticeably in both.

All of this ignores the fact that whether you think Kaep sucks or would be a decent backup level quarterback...that entire spectrum is still better than Mark Sanchez, which was my main reason for saying call him up.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I posted articles previously in last year's thread by sites analyzing his play that year that agreed he did play well, given what he was playing with. But shit Brutul, your great football mind is probably superior to all of them, and my own having watched some of those games, along with every spectrum of QB play I get to see with the Redskins every year. Kelly's system might have helped, but they were specifically looking at him going through progressions and making pre snap reads and noting he had improved noticeably in both.

All of this ignores the fact that whether you think Kaep sucks or would be a decent backup level quarterback...that entire spectrum is still better than Mark Sanchez, which was my main reason for saying call him up.

Thats assuming he wants to play at all. We also have zero idea how much money he wants. We can debate who is/was/will be better all we want. But if he wants more money than what a backup QB gets then no team is going to sign him. Thats assuming he even wants to play which I am not 100% convinced he does.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think if he had been willing to accept any location at any salary, he probably would have had a job by now.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Truth!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I don't trust most sports writers being neutral in regards to Kaepernick.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like

Braen

<Medals Crew>
That is a good point. He has a Nike deal and lots of "cred" from doing what he is doing and NOT getting beat up for a team that isn't competing for a title.

Has he even come out and said I want to play period?

Fadaar

That guy
47442876_2082031258557190_6978037630713724928_n.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 4WTF
Reactions: 8 users

Merrith

I think if he had been willing to accept any location at any salary, he probably would have had a job by now.

Shit...I'm not sure he SHOULD accept signing with us for rest of the year. If we won another game, it would be a miracle. 3rd string guards and rest of O line is banged up as well. Skins fans bitching about not giving AP more carries after the 90 yard TD run...but fail to recall we gained 8 yards rushing on his other 8 carries. Our WR group is easily bottom 3 in the league if not the worst. That and the "surprising" defense has suddenly forgotten to tackle and the Alabama Wall isn't stopping the run anymore.

I'm not even sure what Smith is going to do with his recovery and when to expect him back, or what all of the options would do to our salary cap. That's why I think we should punt on next year too, trade back a lot in this next draft, take all D players with the picks we do make, and stock up for 2020 draft.

Merrith

Forgot to mention I'd be in favor of moving on from Gruden too. I'm not going to lie that he absolutely has a right to point out the amount of injuries that have really been too much to overcome last year and this year...but we're literally going from 9-7 to 8-7-1, to 7-9, and probably 6-10 this year, with no real progression to be had. I don't want to get stuck with him. We already let McVay go while sticking with Gruden.