NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I posted articles previously in last year's thread by sites analyzing his play that year that agreed he did play well, given what he was playing with. But shit Brutul, your great football mind is probably superior to all of them, and my own having watched some of those games, along with every spectrum of QB play I get to see with the Redskins every year. Kelly's system might have helped, but they were specifically looking at him going through progressions and making pre snap reads and noting he had improved noticeably in both.

All of this ignores the fact that whether you think Kaep sucks or would be a decent backup level quarterback...that entire spectrum is still better than Mark Sanchez, which was my main reason for saying call him up.

Yeah, I saw those articles. They pointed out like 3 plays where they saw him look at one receiver and then throw to another and then concluded that that meant he was a good quarterback and the only explanation for him not being paid $15M a year was racism. They started with the conclusion and tried to back it up. It was a bunch of shit.

That said, he could suck pretty bad and still be a step up from Mark Sanchez.

And Denver tried to make a deal for him too, but he wanted $13M+, which tells me he didn't want to play that bad. I agree that if he was willing to take a backup job at backup salary he would be on a team already.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
This is how I feel. I think he still wanted starting QB money.

I'm not even sure he wants to be a back up. If everyone, as they should, remember his kneeling BS routine only came about after he got benched.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
All of this ignores the fact that whether you think Kaep sucks or would be a decent backup level quarterback...that entire spectrum is still better than Mark Sanchez, which was my main reason for saying call him up.

How dare you bad mouth your QB sir! The Dirty Sanchez bleeds for you!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I saw those articles. They pointed out like 3 plays where they saw him look at one receiver and then throw to another and then concluded that that meant he was a good quarterback and the only explanation for him not being paid $15M a year was racism. They started with the conclusion and tried to back it up. It was a bunch of shit.

That said, he could suck pretty bad and still be a step up from Mark Sanchez.

And Denver tried to make a deal for him too, but he wanted $13M+, which tells me he didn't want to play that bad. I agree that if he was willing to take a backup job at backup salary he would be on a team already.

Nah the article I linked didn't really touch on racism at all, just the assumed kaep sux meme as a passer. It was a little more in depth than that, guessing you read someone's political piece article trying to push that as the reason he wasn't signed and why people crap on his ability.

Just like I'm not going to trust his word to say he wants to play, I'm not going to trust what teams "claim" they offered him, especially when they're very nebulous on what role was discussed, etc. Looking at the Seattle one someone mentioned above, I actually don't think that would be a situation a team would want to sign him at all. If you have an established starter, bringing in someone like Kaep who is somewhere at that borderline starter level isn't the best dynamic to be bringing in. Ironically, I'm going to use the Skins as an example (ironic since Smith was our starter going into the year). It makes far more sense in that situation to have a defined backup in Colt McCoy (whatever he thinks of himself, he's not starter material, he's a career backup.

Frankly I'd even consider Peterman over Sanchez. I mean it's at that level. On the other hand, season is over anyways, even winning another game or two would be a miracle so why not just punt on the year, don't expect much better next year b/c Smith's recovery could take awhile...just trade back a lot and punt on next year too. Sucks to say, but we're kind of stuck with Smith's deal for another year or two.

Merrith

How dare you bad mouth your QB sir! The Dirty Sanchez bleeds for you!

Sanchez can ensure we lose out for 6-10 and potentially end up with a top 10 pick...which we could trade out of and hopefully pick up another 1st in 2020. Even if it's multiple 2nd's or something, you want the draft capital as ammo to potentially move up in 2020, which is supposed to be a better QB draft than this year, I believe.

• 1Cutler
  • 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Nah the article I linked didn't really touch on racism at all, just the assumed kaep sux meme as a passer. It was a little more in depth than that, guessing you read someone's political piece article trying to push that as the reason he wasn't signed and why people crap on his ability.

Just like I'm not going to trust his word to say he wants to play, I'm not going to trust what teams "claim" they offered him, especially when they're very nebulous on what role was discussed, etc. Looking at the Seattle one someone mentioned above, I actually don't think that would be a situation a team would want to sign him at all. If you have an established starter, bringing in someone like Kaep who is somewhere at that borderline starter level isn't the best dynamic to be bringing in. Ironically, I'm going to use the Skins as an example (ironic since Smith was our starter going into the year). It makes far more sense in that situation to have a defined backup in Colt McCoy (whatever he thinks of himself, he's not starter material, he's a career backup.

Frankly I'd even consider Peterman over Sanchez. I mean it's at that level. On the other hand, season is over anyways, even winning another game or two would be a miracle so why not just punt on the year, don't expect much better next year b/c Smith's recovery could take awhile...just trade back a lot and punt on next year too. Sucks to say, but we're kind of stuck with Smith's deal for another year or two.

That's a good scenario but there's evidence that players who want to play...make deals and that sometimes this works out very well. Like Teddy Bridgewater, Case Keenum, Tyrod Taylor, Cody Kessler, Nick Foles, Matt Cassel, Deshone Kizer, Mike Glennon, and Mr. Fitzmagic.

I'm not saying all of these guys are similar in any way...but they all took pay cuts to still keep playing at one point or another. That other teams do bring in borderline starters so they can get the best QB play options possible. This guy burned bridges since the day he was first benched. That's the only facts we all know.

With that said, Sanchez is a good choice if you want to get a top ten pick.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
there's no way Kaep plays again. he'd be exposed as a bad QB and lose his martyr status, which isn't what he or Nike would want.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Merrith

That's a good scenario but there's evidence that players who want to play...make deals and that sometimes this works out very well. Like Teddy Bridgewater, Case Keenum, Tyrod Taylor, Cody Kessler, Nick Foles, Matt Cassel, Deshone Kizer, Mike Glennon, and Mr. Fitzmagic.

I'm not saying all of these guys are similar in any way...but they all took pay cuts to still keep playing at one point or another. That other teams do bring in borderline starters so they can get the best QB play options possible. This guy burned bridges since the day he was first benched. That's the only facts we all know.

With that said, Sanchez is a good choice if you want to get a top ten pick.

Most of those guys went to situations where there wasn't an established starter, though. Or at least behind a guy that has a history of injury. I'm actually surprised Philly didn't move Foles once Wentz was considered 100% (both from an asset management standpoint to get the most for him, and the competition one). That's the only real situation where I see something similar to what bringing a guy like Kaep in to backup say Wilson in Seattle would be like.

Kessler/Cassel/Kizer/Glennon are all career backups at this point and not in the same "bracket" so to speak. Keenum went to Denver to be the starter. Bridgewater signed in Buffalo where the situation was muddy, and got traded to the Saints. We'll see where he signs next (although at least in his case if he stays in New Orleans, Brees isn't exactly a spring chicken and probably has a clock on how long the team plans to stick with him). Tyrod at least had the possibility of the Browns letting/making Mayfield wait most/all of a season behind him. Didn't work out that way and now he's basically going to be looked at as career backup.

Fitzmagic was in a situation where Bucs weren't even sure if they were going to believe in Winston long term after his suspension (and because of his erratic play). Oddly enough those two are kind of in the same boat, they can light it up for 2-3 games at a time with all the weapons Tampa has on offense, but neither guy can avoid blow up games for too long and they've just been flip flopping as the starter all year.

To be honest, it's going to be rough for teams looking to fill a hole at QB this offseason. Because the free agent market is a lot thinner than last year's (and could get even worse if Bridgewater decides to wait out Brees retiring by just signing again with the Saints), and it's not a great draft for QB's.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Alliance of American Football | AAF.com

Beat Vince to it and they start in 2019. They have a team here in AZ. I am going to take the kiddos to a game just to check it out.
I will be following the Orlando Apollos . They will be playing out of UCF.

They have a ton of former Florida college guys on the team. The league is run by a bunch of former NFL guys as well.

Last edited:

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Sanders most likely has played his last in Denver: Torn Achilles...

Given that injury and how much he was going to cost next year, I don't think he will be back with Denver even if he recovers :(